Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

I know this topic has a thread but I feel it should be posted on all threads to make sure no one misses it.

Let me clarify the new schedule. (i tweeted the tv grimm reaper and he confirmed what is written below as possible and likely)

Reign will have it’s winter finale on January 22nd. Then it will go on a hiatus for an (as of yet) unannounced amount of time and return later this season. (likely in the spring)

Basically this means:

November 27th :No new episode for the holiday

December 4th: Last episode before Christmas

January 1, 8 and 15: possible new episodes (most likely just 8 and 15)

January 22nd: Winter finale

(TBA hiatus)

Now while it has not been announced, Crazy Ex- Girlfriend and iZombie only have 18 and 19 episodes respectively. If these run normally, that would put their finale’s in March, leaving two possible empty slots for Reign. It is highly likely that this is when it will air in order to keep it’s finale lined up with other CW shows. If it does not reappear at this time, then most likely we will be waiting until at least June.

So we will return between March and July most likely, unless the CW has completely lost it's mind. More than likely in March because the CW doesn't really like to do summer programming.

(Please let all of our Royals know about the change. We don’t want to lose our audience due to confusion.)
Old 11-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Thanks for posting the scheduling information here, Amanda.

And THANK YOU for those gifs, Issi! The way they blatantly check each other out when they first meet is PRICELESS! The way he hesitates for a second and then just goes for it and rips open her bodice.

Issi, your new animated icon is incredible!!!

I'll agree to shipping it, but just not seriously or permanently. If he sticks around, who knows...maybe they will feel something real for each other. If he helps Catherine feel alive again, then more power to him. And keeping her away from Narcisse would be an added bonus.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

^ The friend also said "that gif just got me sold on starting to watch reign"

They can't give us a long hiatus now that it's getting so good like they ruin it and make it good again and then the show suffers because of previous shi##y storylines
Old 11-24-2015, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i'm not sure of Christophe/Catherine yet. maybe all i can think about is that Francis is gone
but i'll give them a chance and more time.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:39 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i'm not sure of Christophe/Catherine yet. maybe all i can think about is that Francis is gone
but i'll give them a chance and more time.
think the same here. Well it was a bit "shocking" cause she's actually acting like Henry did, you know take what he wants whenever he wants.
I didnt like much the last episode, I think the scenarist took ALL LIBERTIES, Mary and Greer conversation talking about the duchesse who is a lesbian
sorry to appear a bit "prude" but I think the serie is slightly becoming a bit too much "modern" in an era where those kind of things were not "normal"
as a catholic country I dont think french society, european society used to act as freely as that.
I found it a bit weird to be honest. It is just too much in a short period of time. Francis death was such a big loss! I used to like the 2 first season which were dynamic but very romantic at the same time. Francis/Mary relationship was so pure and beautiful.
I'm not interested on Anne story to be honest. I have better opinion about Mary after her huge mistake with Prince Condé.
I like the most is Catherine even if I fear a bit what dimension the scenarist will make her get.
will she become a drug dealer or a profesional cougar?
Old 11-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Since the Pilot we knew this show is not The Tudors or The Borgias, they take too much liberties and I guess that's why I liked so much about it.

I don't mean that I like the fact that they are changing Mary's character like they did in S2 the rape sl etc, and I don't mean that I like the fact that they showed us that Henry wanted to kill Catherine which never was the case, or that she was imprisoned by her own son. But I do like how modern they are in all the relationships, sex, flirting, etc..

As for Catherine, well I'm sure real CdM had lovers too, only that she was a professional and serious Queen so she was hiding it very well, nobody can tell me that being a widow and still so young she had noone until she died because I won't believe it lol
Old 11-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanny24 (View Post)
think the same here. Well it was a bit "shocking" cause she's actually acting like Henry did, you know take what he wants whenever he wants.
I didnt like much the last episode, I think the scenarist took ALL LIBERTIES, Mary and Greer conversation talking about the duchesse who is a lesbian
sorry to appear a bit "prude" but I think the serie is slightly becoming a bit too much "modern" in an era where those kind of things were not "normal"
as a catholic country I dont think french society, european society used to act as freely as that.
I found it a bit weird to be honest. It is just too much in a short period of time. Francis death was such a big loss! I used to like the 2 first season which were dynamic but very romantic at the same time. Francis/Mary relationship was so pure and beautiful.
I'm not interested on Anne story to be honest. I have better opinion about Mary after her huge mistake with Prince Condé.
I like the most is Catherine even if I fear a bit what dimension the scenarist will make her get.
will she become a drug dealer or a profesional cougar?
I hate to break it too you, but those things were just as normal back then as they are now. The only difference is that they were looked down upon then and so they were hidden. They did act freely, they just would make sure no one could prove it. It is well within the realm of possibility that scenarios just like this would happen. There were in fact rumors that Catherine had a lover....no one was ever able to prove it however. There were rumors about many nobles being gay...again no one proved it....that's why you don't see these things in regular history books. You have to really do your research to find them. Which I have. Actually, they were probably more "free" as they were nobles who felt they could do as they please. I mean this is a time when people like Catherine would breed human beings just because they were hairy.

On to other things, my new fan fiction: Wildfire: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11631753/1/Wildfire
Old 11-24-2015, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, I'm sure you're right, Amanda. People, with all of their tendencies and weaknesses, have not changed. Those things were likely just as common then as they are today.

I'm Catholic myself, so I understand being put off by the "modern" sensibility that Reign brings to sex and relationships. But, at the end of the day, I appreciate it. It makes the characters more relatable. They may be flawed and sinful, but that makes them human....and that just makes me love them even more. I may not always approve of their actions, but I don't judge them. I simply hope for them to learn, grow and do better.

I could have given up on the show when I first saw Kenna's masturbation scene in the pilot, but I'm really glad that I didn't. I could have given up on Mary when she had her affair with Conde, but now I'm rooting for her more than ever. And I would never give up on Catherine simply because she seeks out an escape from her grief. As far as I'm concerned, the show is free to continue taking liberties.

Thanks for sharing the new fic, Amanda.

Last edited by kerbear28; 11-24-2015 at 09:00 PM
Old 11-24-2015, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Yes, humans with flaws. If anything, Reign is more realistic that the romanticized way people are portrayed on other shows that make their "heroes" out to be always doing the right thing.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

I realized that The Borgias is a dump example to compare those things.. I mean.. Rordrigo Borgia is a pope and has mistresses, kids, affairs. Cesare falls in love with his sister and they also have sex. They were more scandalous than we think back then
Old 11-26-2015, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I realized that The Borgias is a dump example to compare those things.. I mean.. Rordrigo Borgia is a pope and has mistresses, kids, affairs. Cesare falls in love with his sister and they also have sex. They were more scandalous than we think back then
This is exactly what I mean, it was pretty normal.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

History is selective, and the deeper you dig the less "traditional" it becomes. It's amazing to me that we know as much as we do about our beloved characters after over 400 years of wars, revolutions and other calamities. I'm glad that Reign adds fictional elements to fill in some of the gaps and to make the show more compelling for us today.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

^ me too

Catherine icons; I looooooooved Megan's look in the scene with Narcisse

Old 11-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Me too. I've always loved that dress and her hair was so on point.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
History is selective, and the deeper you dig the less "traditional" it becomes. It's amazing to me that we know as much as we do about our beloved characters after over 400 years of wars, revolutions and other calamities. I'm glad that Reign adds fictional elements to fill in some of the gaps and to make the show more compelling for us today.
Well said. Me too.

Gorgeous icons, Issi! I loved Catherine's look in the scene with Narcisse, too. The dress, the necklace, the hair...