Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2014, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 6 General Discussion

Hello everyone! Since season 6 is over I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to discuss the season as a whole. Here are some questions you can answer or you can just talk about whatever you feel like

Favorite episode:
Least favorite episode:
Favorite storyline:
Least favorite storyline:
Favorite scenes:
Favorite Jane/Lisbon scene:
Moment that surprised you the most:
Moment that made you cry:
Moment that made you laugh:
Moment that made you angry:
Moment that scared you the most:
Favorite character(s):
Least favorite character(s):
Favorite guest star:
Favorite case:
Favorite quote:
Favorite episode title:
Favorite couple:
Favorite friendship:

Did you like the resolution of the Red John storyline?
Did you like/guess the identity of Red John?
Did you like the reboot of the show? Do you like the FBI and the new FBI agents? How do you think Jane has changed (if at all)?
Did you like that Jane/Lisbon went for a romantic relationship?
What do you expect from the 7th season (most likely the show's last)?

What did you think of the season in general? Awful, bad, average, good, great?

Let us know!! We'd love to hear your thoughts
Old 06-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I like it! Should we have one for each season? I know I'd discuss and the people who aren't caught up yet could discuss early seasons with no spoilers!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Oh, I like it! Should we have one for each season? I know I'd discuss and the people who aren't caught up yet could discuss early seasons with no spoilers!
Yeah, I plan on doing other seasons too we have a loong hiatus after all
Old 06-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
Yeah, I plan on doing other seasons too we have a loong hiatus after all
Awesome! That'll give us plenty to talk about!

Old 06-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fun thread idea!

Favorite episode: Blue Bird for obvious reasons and Red John.
Least favorite episode: White Lines
Favorite Jane/Lisbon scene: The last one in Blue Bird
Moment that surprised you the most: Finding out who Red John was
Moment that made you cry: When Jane left Lisbon behind after their hug during the sunset and he went to see Red John, and the scene on the plane (can't remember which episode) where Lisbon said she was really hurt when Jane ran away again.

I'll answer some of the other questions later
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you like the resolution of the Red John storyline? Um...I'm upset about the CBI. I don't hate the new setup but I can't say I like it either. Okay fine I do hate that the CBI is gone.
Did you like/guess the identity of Red John? I thought he was the least likely to be Red John. I like it because it shows that Red John was just a man - not even an overly prominent man, just a man. I dislike it because I wanted to be able to watch all the episodes with Red John in them after the arc concluded and prior to S6 that's...one episode. Also, I was kinda really invested in it potentially being Bertram because of how the team was always looking for Red John, for Red John, for Red John. The ONE TIME they were instead looking for Red John's friend, they had Bertram, then realized O'Laughlin was the friend and they let Bertram go, even had Jane yelling WALK AWAY! WALK AWAY! to him, and I thought it would have been awesome for them to have had and then missed Red John because that one time they were looking too hard for an accomplice.
Did you like the reboot of the show? Do you like the FBI and the new FBI agents? The reboot could certainly have been worse. I like the new agents - but Abbott will always be the guy who shut down the CBI. And I still feel like we don't know anything about Fischer, but at the same time I don't want a whole lot of info on her because that means we're taking time away from Jane, Lisbon, and Cho, and I'm sorry, we will never have the background info on the new people that we do on the old because we will always have five years of show without them in it. And unlike sitcoms, where personal lives are central to most storylines, this is a procedural crime drama and I doubt Fischer or Abbott will get arcs that will teach us so much about them like we've had with the other characters. That said, I adore Wylie and there needs to be much more of him.
How do you think Jane has changed (if at all)? Honestly, until he came around in the finale to his feelings for Lisbon I didn't see much change. It felt like the regular, pre reboot episodes that didn't have a Red John focus.
Did you like that Jane/Lisbon went for a romantic relationship? Yes
What do you expect from the 7th season (most likely the show's last)? I don't know...Heller's given the "this will be what the fans want" description of the season but I'm not sure what the fans want specifically (at least outside of a Jane/Lisbon wishlist and this is a season, not a fanfic, so there has to be other things going on) and what Bruno then thinks the fans want.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Did you like the resolution of the Red John storyline? It was definitely different than I expected back when I started watching, but I really quite liked it. I loved Jane confronting RJ, especially Jane not allowing him to explain all of his tricks, taking away this god-like superiority Red John has always exuded about himself.
Did you like/guess the identity of Red John? I had been hoping for Partridge since I thought it'd be awesome if Red John had been in the very first episode of the series. I did like Heller's explanation of our heroes/super entities disappointing us when we really see them or meet them. In terms of acting, he certainly came across as frightening and pulled it off, though.
Did you like the reboot of the show? Do you like the FBI and the new FBI agents? How do you think Jane has changed (if at all)? I miss the CBI so freaking much, I really wish that hadn't been the cost of catching Red John. But I do think they did a good job with the reboot. The new characters are likeable enough, and the dynamics are pretty good already, I'll just always be nostalgic for the old team.
Did you like that Jane/Lisbon went for a romantic relationship? Yeah, I do.
What do you expect from the 7th season (most likely the show's last)? Mainly what I'm expecting/hoping for is some sort of over-arching theme or arc for the last thirteen episodes that ties up the series well.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I ended up feeling SO bad for poor Partridge.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just finished watching the first episode of season 6. It's already an hour past my usual bedtime. But I NEED to watch another episode! I cannot take this. I'll just have to be a zombie tomorrow.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I just finished watching the first episode of season 6. It's already an hour past my usual bedtime. But I NEED to watch another episode! I cannot take this. I'll just have to be a zombie tomorrow.
OMG bad idea to start it this late. Early season 6 is the end of the RJ storyline so the episodes are addictive!

At least you don't have to wait a week (or 2 like that one time ) between each episode. That was torture
Old 08-02-2014, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
*rubs hands together, cackling*

Old 08-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
*rubs hands together, cackling*
You are EVIL Nicole, E*V*I*L. And I love you for getting me hooked on this show.

~Heidi
Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And Iove that you love it!

Old 08-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One of the awesome things is, I've been through seasons 1-4 twice now. But I know, after I finish season 6, I'll probably go back and start all over again. And I'll enjoy it, and there will probably be things I didn't catch or didn't connect in the first two go-rounds.

The last time I was this intensely focused on a show was The X-Files. Nothing has come close to my X-Files focus in 15 years - not even Big Bang.

Of course, I'm not entirely sure this is a good thing.

~Heidi
Old 08-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You make my day. What ep are you on?

Reply   Post New Thread