All good shows end terrible
Old 10-07-2019, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

https://zuzcreation.tumblr.com/post/...tion-javoue-ne

EC | ADC

Old 10-07-2019, 07:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
We can just ignore like I do with HIMYM
I am still triggered by this after all these years.

For those who didn't watch it, this was the GOT "The Iron Throne" of sitcoms. Years of character development out the window, needlessly depressing forced ending, couples built up and trashed last minute for shock, rushed major plot points, etc. I am seriously getting trust issues with shows trying to be edgy and "sUbVeRtInG eXpEcTaTiOns" at the expense of what makes sense to the plot nowadays that it's hard for me to get too invested now. I have been happy with sad/non-optimistic endings in other shows but that's because they made sense with the plot's development.

I can't rewatch HIMYM, I honestly tried but with a fan made "movie version" of the final season with an alternate ending. I still couldn't look past the abomination that was the original finale and how pointless everything was thanks to the ending. Now GOT is heading this way with me too and I loved this show so much that I read all the background lore as well as the books. I can't see Dany rise up without being mad at what they did to her, broke this powerful and just woman, who dragged herself up from being sold as a slave, who was strong and feminine at the same time in an extremely sexist world...and made her die "evil" and begging for a man to love her, while he puts her down like a dog with rabies. The same goes for some other characters, I think Jamie comes in next for ultimate butchered arc for me.

I hope one day I can at least watch up till S7's end but it's not looking good right now. I will always love Dany as a character though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
I loved Breaking Bad's end, it was bittersweet and made total sense to the characters and story. But a lot of shows drop the ball with the end it seems.

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 10-07-2019 at 07:18 AM
Old 10-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
Not all, smallville has a good ending or the nanny.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Six Feet Under ended pretty amazingly too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)

For those who didn't watch it, this was the GOT "The Iron Throne" of sitcoms. Years of character development out the window, needlessly depressing forced ending, couples built up and trashed last minute for shock, rushed major plot points, etc. I am seriously getting trust issues with shows trying to be edgy and "sUbVeRtInG eXpEcTaTiOns" at the expense of what makes sense to the plot nowadays that it's hard for me to get too invested now. I have been happy with sad/non-optimistic endings in other shows but that's because they made sense with the plot's development.

I can't rewatch HIMYM, I honestly tried but with a fan made "movie version" of the final season with an alternate ending. I still couldn't look past the abomination that was the original finale and how pointless everything was thanks to the ending. Now GOT is heading this way with me too and I loved this show so much that I read all the background lore as well as the books. I can't see Dany rise up without being mad at what they did to her, broke this powerful and just woman, who dragged herself up from being sold as a slave, who was strong and feminine at the same time in an extremely sexist world...and made her die "evil" and begging for a man to love her, while he puts her down like a dog with rabies. The same goes for some other characters, I think Jamie comes in next for ultimate butchered arc for me.

I hope one day I can at least watch up till S7's end but it's not looking good right now. I will always love Dany as a character though.
Exactly
Old 10-08-2019, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

I am now glad I never got into the Lost or HIMYM fandom. Both seem to be as huge disappointments as GOT.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They were
Old 10-08-2019, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the amazing artwork!
Old 10-08-2019, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Same
Old 10-08-2019, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)

I never watched the HIMYM finale, just some episodes here and there but I read about it and how disappointed this was.

I wasn't into many TV shows before GOT. So this is the only show I followed from beginning till end and it ended to disappointing to me - I am seriously not into any TV shows or don't want to get myself invested again. Movies are better, they are at least over after 2 hours and you can't get too disappointed.

As you said, Dany will always stay wonderful to me. But whenever I think of GOT - this light feeling is ruined now with the last season. I don't know if this will ever change. Probably not.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki92 (View Post)
I am now glad I never got into the Lost or HIMYM fandom. Both seem to be as huge disappointments as GOT.
Lost wasn't as much a disappointment though as GOT.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Lost had already gone so off the rails for me in the last few seasons that I didn't really care, I still watched the show through but was not as invested anymore. S1-3 were great and I think the show should have stopped after 3 personally. I don't the end was as bad as GOT and HIMYM though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
I never watched the HIMYM finale, just some episodes here and there but I read about it and how disappointed this was.

I wasn't into many TV shows before GOT. So this is the only show I followed from beginning till end and it ended to disappointing to me - I am seriously not into any TV shows or don't want to get myself invested again. Movies are better, they are at least over after 2 hours and you can't get too disappointed.

As you said, Dany will always stay wonderful to me. But whenever I think of GOT - this light feeling is ruined now with the last season. I don't know if this will ever change. Probably not.
I get what you mean, I rarely get so angry about films because I don't feel that so many hours of my time were wasted if it turns out to be awful, and I don't care as deeply about the characters. I still follow TV shows but I find it hard to immerse myself in the story as much now in case the show decides to sUbVeRt ExPeCtAtIoNs on me again. And again, doesn't have to be happy, I just can't stand it ruining the characters overall what came before.

The characters I liked all became shells of themselves, ones I liked became ones I couldn't stand and who were rewarded for being terrible. The ending made me angry in a way that retroactively ruins so much for me, and I didn't expect that from GOT that has made me angry in a good way so many times.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
nothing can be as much a disappointment! Having said that, Lost was a big disappointment
Old 10-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
nothing can be as much a disappointment! Having said that, Lost was a big disappointment
At least they were all together in the end. even if just in death.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yeah, GOT was thousand times more disappointing for me. actually it was the most disappointing show in my series life so far and i don't think anything can top that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread