Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2016, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i get it when some people were annoyed that the episode ended with Dany and another speech again but i for my part really enjoyed the scene and seeing Dany on Drogon again
Heda_Khaleesi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

I liked the Dany scene. But it should have been the second to last scene last episode. The episode should have ended with Benjen. Anyways, Drogon looked amazing and the dragon riding looked better than last season. Dany is a conqueror. She'll definitely been seen as an antagonist by other characters when she arrives in Westeros. But as LxieGrey mentioned, she'll also be their savior because the only thing which seems to defeat the White Walkers are the dragons.

Besides I enjoyed Bran's scenes like usual and Arya finding to herself again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Hell of a boring episode.

I guess it's good that Benjen is finally back, but it was all rather underwhelming. Almost the entire episode got wasted on boring storylines that could've been left out. The ending with Dany was boring as f¤ck too. It was just basically a repeat of "hey let's have Dany looking awesome at the end as always and slap it onto an episode where it serves zero narrative purpose."

Weak.
I disagree. I didn't feel like Dany's last scene was served for zero purpose. She took advantage of Drogon’s return and achieved something great. Convincing the blood riders to folllow her to the other end of the world. I mean if I were a Dothraki at that point I would be so hyped I believe I would even cross that f¤cking salty sea on real horseback.

Apart from that I agree with you on the first sentence. Rather boring episode. Boring doesn't mean bad episode. Just not as entertaining as the last episodes.
seriesfeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was visually stunning no question about it, but storywise it felt disjointed from the rest of the episode, it even felt disjointed from Dany's own storyline, because it was the only scene of hers.

I'm not saying she needed 4 scenes in the the episode, but it felt rushed to me to make it the only Dany scene of the episode. It would have been more enjoyable if the moment hadn't been the only thing we got. It feels like the showrunners are giving Dany and Emilia more visual fluff than substance in some episodes I'm more disappointed at what we didn't get, than what we got, because i think it was the difference between a great and the possibility for this to have been an epic Dany episode

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 05-30-2016 at 12:33 AM
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've only watched Dany's scene so far and will watch the whole episode this evening.

Liked what I saw. Daario saying they need 1000 ships make it even more likely that we'll see a Targaryen/Greyjoy alliance (hopefully with Dany/Theon/Yara and not Dany/Euron).

Drogon is back! Loved how Dany rode on him and spoke Dothraki and convinced her people to fight for her.

What I don't get are comments (especially on WOTW) that Dany will become an antagonist? Why that? Does she kill innocent people? No. Yes she takes what is hers with fire and blood but starting a war is nothing which makes her the antagonist when she claims the Iron Throne. She can't just go there and say "Please give me the Throne" can she? No. Why does anyone think she might go mad or evil like her father? She is nothing like him. She is not crazy, she knows what she wants and she wants to become a ruler and protect the people. I can't see anything bad in this.
powerfully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i'm with you Nicki. Dany is a powerful leader in the way her impassioned speeches move the Dothraki and Unsullied and former slaves. yes she is a conqueror. but this doesn't mean she makes a bad or evil ruler.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To be fair, Dany have actually done something very much like her father on-screen, it's not just in the books. Take for example when she fed a former slave-owner to her Dragons in the dungeon.

She had no idea if he was guilty of anything or not (and neither do we as viewers) and she fed him to her dragons anyway. So it's not entirely true that she's nothing like her father. It doesn't mean that she's fullblown crazy either, but she is certainly her father's daughter

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 05-30-2016 at 02:33 AM
Old 05-30-2016, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lars somehow you were right with your doubts about this episode yesterday i think we all had high expectations but this week's episode wasn't that convincing.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm psychic

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 05-30-2016, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay guys a theoretical question: Would you guys find it cool/or at least accept if Dany turned out to be the evil badass antagonist?

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

no, not at all, i wouldn't be ok with it. she's a protagonist for me and not an antagonist. yes Lars is true, she burnt the one master but that doesn't make her the evil guy. antagonist for me are Joffrey, Ramsay, Viserys, and such guys.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Okay guys a theoretical question: Would you guys find it cool/or at least accept if Dany turned out to be the evil badass antagonist?
If they do it in an okay way storywise i would accept it for sure. I wouldn't be happy about it at all, but i would accept it, Dany is a Targ after all, and it's an occupational hazard as a Targaryen fan, that they can turn crazy. Her father didn't start out as crazy when he was young either, and we have seen on screen that she is capable of doing something very similar to what her father did after he turned crazy

I think it will mostly depend on how much resistance she faces when she lands in Westeros and who she has with her, in what direction her story will go.

If she has Yara, Theon or god forbid Euron with her, then there is plenty of people telling Dany to do very bad guy things. They're pirates after all, it's what they do

Daario could be voice of fire and blood too, telling her to embrace her inner Dragon and kill anyone standing in her way

Jorah and Tyrion would probably be voices of reason, the question is then if they can force Dany to listen. If she faces resistance and doesn't take
Spoiler:

I don't think Grey Worm or Missandei will actually go with her

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 05-30-2016 at 03:40 AM
Old 05-30-2016, 04:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)
I mean if I were a Dothraki at that point I would be so hyped I believe I would even cross that f¤cking salty sea on real horseback.
I would've agreed with you if we didn't have her walking unscathed out of a burning building only two episodes ago. She's already proved that she's basically a goddess to the Dothraki. This felt repetitive, unnecessary and boring. It wasn't a scene that deserved to close out the installment.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:01 AM
Master Fan

This episode was indeed a bit "meh" compared to the last ones but I expected it to be, mostly because of the Sam/Gilly scenes which I still think are boring.

Finally things are starting to happen in KL, unlike many of you I actually thought it was good and much better than before. But I had hoped Jaimie/Cersei were over, I guess they´re not.

Dany´s scene was good but I had also expected a longer one. Is it just me who is disappointed by Drogon´s size? They have said that he was going to be HUGE but I don´t think the difference is that great compared to last season. Her speech here was one of the better ones but it does get a bit repetitive. As for her being an antagonist, it´s still too early to say but I wouldn´t be too happy if she becomes one. I would maybe be OK with her being not entirely good but her being pure evil, no thanks. I was puzzled by Daario, to me it looks like he´s not a big fan of her going to Westeros to take the Iron Throne.

So it was uncle Benjen who saved Bran and Meera, as speculated. I don´t remember him that much but it´s nice that he´s back.

Arya´s scenes felt more like fillers, my guess is that
Spoiler:

So Edmure is back, wonder what his role will be now.

Icon: Si_Crazy
Arawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still find the Scene epic even though it felt repetitive, I agree on that. But whatever, we got what we got. Drogon back is a Highlight and the effects were great to and besides I totally get chills whenever Emilia is speaking Dothraki. Besides I don't see her as an antagonist at all. And I would really hate the idea.
SongIceFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawen (View Post)
This episode was indeed a bit "meh" compared to the last ones but I expected it to be, mostly because of the Sam/Gilly scenes which I still think are boring.

Finally things are starting to happen in KL, unlike many of you I actually thought it was good and much better than before. But I had hoped Jaimie/Cersei were over, I guess they´re not.

Dany´s scene was good but I had also expected a longer one. Is it just me who is disappointed by Drogon´s size? They have said that he was going to be HUGE but I don´t think the difference is that great compared to last season. Her speech here was one of the better ones but it does get a bit repetitive. As for her being an antagonist, it´s still too early to say but I wouldn´t be too happy if she becomes one. I would maybe be OK with her being not entirely good but her being pure evil, no thanks. I was puzzled by Daario, to me it looks like he´s not a big fan of her going to Westeros to take the Iron Throne.

So it was uncle Benjen who saved Bran and Meera, as speculated. I don´t remember him that much but it´s nice that he´s back.

Arya´s scenes felt more like fillers, my guess is that
Spoiler:

So Edmure is back, wonder what his role will be now.
I would settle for her not being entirely good too Julia, if it means she doesn't turn into a villain

A lot of awesome characters on the show are in that grey area between hero and villain, so i wouldn't mind if that is as far as they're gonna take Dany

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Reply   Post New Thread