Quote:
I think it's only fair to allow Cosima the chance to make mistakes and grow up
I'm afraid we've had 5 seasons of that already and no success at growing up

Quote:
blasphemy!
but probably true.
Probably??????????

Quote:
isn't iffy dialogue a reflection on life, don't we all at some point say things that are odd, uncomfortable, an "ugh what did I say that for" moment. Are TV shows not allowed to have these moments too?
No, because there are people being well paid to write this ****, unlike the random moments in life where we say random things

It just annoys me so much that we waited this long to get here and have things solved with a well-this-is-us-we-suck-but-okay lame dialogue I swear to you guys I'm the easiest shipper to please, I'm used to ships like Mulder/Scully where literally NOTHING happens and very little is said. ALL I wanted all this time was for them to properly talk, like a real couple, for once

Quote:
Maybe before the end of the season we'll see Cosima rush into Delphine's arms and tell her how she feels, a genuine ILY rather than the somewhat veiled ones of the past.
I'm not counting on that anymore

Quote:
Oh man, I feel like I walked into the twilight zone in this thread. Ju is disappointed and Manu and Twist are all positive. This is weird.
It's weird to me as well, I feel like I watched an entirely different episode from you guys

Quote:
Even EBro who may have loved 5x05 the most is still teasing the episodes after.
EBro loves everything she's in, including Café de Flore, so her teasing doesn't really make me any more excited

About those hideous clothes that turned out to have no purpose other than to make the shippers freak out during the hiatus:

SO creative
Old 07-12-2017, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Even EBro who may have loved 5x05 the most is still teasing the episodes after.
She is super adorable.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
About those hideous clothes that turned out to have no purpose other than to make the shippers freak out during the hiatus:
gross.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm afraid we've had 5 seasons of that already and no success at growing up
But there was growth in the last episode? Cosima has decided on finally giving Delphine the benefit of the doubt and understanding more from Delphine's POV.

Cosima and Delphine will move on forward from here instead of being stuck in the same old patterns of behaviour.

It wasn't very well written so maybe I'm wrong but it seemed to me at least to be the intention.
Quote:
It was part of Westmoreland's manipulation. His blatant show of power that he can get them to play along in his little pseudo Victorian fantasy which heightened the sense of growing tension between himself and Cosima at the same time. "Frock that" she puts the suit on to rile him up, as much as he walks into the dining room with Delphine on his arm to rile Cosima, leading up to their ultimate confrontation over Yanis. The clothing had a purpose. It was ridiculous but that was the point. Cosima realised dressing up in this attire, the formal dinner party, the decor of the house, the very image PT tries to sell his age with is "all smoke". I liked it. It also further emphasised the opposite positions cophine were playing. Delphine put on the dress, and played along, for the sake of the endgame, for the sake of protecting the clones whilst Cosima was continuing to push too hard and do as she promised to defy them, in however big or small an act she can. That's what I took from it.

Last edited by Scully_fan; 07-12-2017 at 10:16 AM
Old 07-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
ALL I wanted all this time was for them to properly talk, like a real couple, for once
well, see, that was your mistake. this is ob, we will never get that.

Quote:
But there was growth in the last episode? Cosima has decided on finally giving Delphine the benefit of the doubt and understanding more from Delphine's POV.

Cosima and Delphine will move on forward from here instead of being stuck in the same old patterns of behaviour.

It wasn't very well written so maybe I'm wrong but it seemed to me at least to be the intention.
ia. it was not well written but it felt like growth.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Is it pathetic that I was just kind of excited that Delphine used the word "endgame"?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Is it pathetic that I was just kind of excited that Delphine used the word "endgame"?

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It wasn't breaking the fourth wall but yeah I got excited too.

x
I'm always here for season 1 parallels.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ i love that parallel

"she's very cheerky, this girl. but that's why i like her."
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

delphine was perfect in that scene

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-12-2017, 06:20 PM
New Fan

I want bloopers too. Hopefully we'll get them.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
gross.
My thoughts exactly. And SO original, right?

Quote:
Yeah, after acting like a freaking teenager for the rest of the episode. I mean, I get it, I understand why you guys think there was progress, but to me that "I push too hard and you do things without my consent. This is our relationship" line doesn't make up for the rest of her behavior during the episode. For me, I need to SEE a change happen, more than be told it happened by such a lame dialogue. You know when she and Delphine talked on 4x10 and Delphine told her not to tell anyone about the cure, and then on 5x01 when again they talked, and after that she went on to follow the science? THAT to me showed progress, like, even if Delphine went away again, she didn't quit working like she sort of did in season 3, and she wasn't just looking sad all the time like season 4. She carried on. That was progress to me, and I was so happy with it, and I expected that to go on, so having her doubt Delphine for the millionth time, and having Delphine again making promises to her was just ughhhhhhh

Quote:
It was part of Westmoreland's manipulation. His blatant show of power that he can get them to play along in his little pseudo Victorian fantasy which heightened the sense of growing tension between himself and Cosima at the same time. "Frock that" she puts the suit on to rile him up, as much as he walks into the dining room with Delphine on his arm to rile Cosima, leading up to their ultimate confrontation over Yanis. The clothing had a purpose. It was ridiculous but that was the point. Cosima realised dressing up in this attire, the formal dinner party, the decor of the house, the very image PT tries to sell his age with is "all smoke". I liked it. It also further emphasised the opposite positions cophine were playing. Delphine put on the dress, and played along, for the sake of the endgame, for the sake of protecting the clones whilst Cosima was continuing to push too hard and do as she promised to defy them, in however big or small an act she can. That's what I took from it.
You make a great analysis as usual, Lauren, I love your posts Honestly, though, I always doubt they think of all this, specially after reading that piece I posted here, which made me even more disappointed

Quote:
well, see, that was your mistake. this is ob, we will never get that.
Well, we could have had that, if they weren't lazy enough to make Delphine say the same freaking thing in TWO different scenes That whole re-promise + worst line ever about consent could've been replaced with something much better, and it didn't even have to be a long scene or anything. Like I said, 4x10 and 5x01 were awesome, I had no reason to believe it wouldn't continue to be that way
Old 07-13-2017, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
I'm always here for season 1 parallels.
I loooved all the parallels we got out of 5x05.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Well, we could have had that, if they weren't lazy enough to make Delphine say the same freaking thing in TWO different scenes
we could have had a lot of things, if only cophine were in capable hands. at this point i get excited when they give us the bare minimum.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, me too, but this wasn't the bare minimum to me Usually, I'm the easiest shipper to please, I think you may have noticed that, all this time the Cophine fandom complained about a lot of things we got or didn't get and I almost always found a way to look at the bright side and find some positive aspect in everything. This time it just didn't work for me.