Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
what ship?
It was Grissom and Sara, from CSI. Just like Cophine, they had been separated forever, had the most ridiculous communication issues, etc, but it was the finale so we thought okay they'll FINALLY get this right, only to have an entire finale dedicated to the very same old issues, but with a sailing off into the sunset ending at the last minute. The worst.

Quote:
Yeah but how could you hate it with Cophine?
I hated 5x05, didn't I?
Old 07-17-2017, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was Grissom and Sara, from CSI. Just like Cophine, they had been separated forever, had the most ridiculous communication issues, etc, but it was the finale so we thought okay they'll FINALLY get this right, only to have an entire finale dedicated to the very same old issues, but with a sailing off into the sunset ending at the last minute. The worst.
yikes.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yikes is right And CSI was from the time where shows had 15 seasons of 22 episodes, so you can imagine how long we had to wait to get to that

Oh, and just like Cosima, Grissom had never showed any interest in boats before the last season
Old 07-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
priorities.
Well, seriously for a mo, after 6 months, a break up, both having a near death experience, and all the rest of the danger, then yes, I'd actually say it was a priority for them to have sex.

I'm slightly irked that they decided their most intimate moment for the show had to be a FB and not a present time reunion, but I'll get over it.

Quote:
I hated 5x05, didn't I?
I know.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm slightly irked that they decided their most intimate moment for the show had to be a FB and not a present time reunion, but I'll get over it.
For a moment I thought you meant Facebook and was like when did they talk on Facebook??
Old 07-18-2017, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Well, seriously for a mo, after 6 months, a break up, both having a near death experience, and all the rest of the danger, then yes, I'd actually say it was a priority for them to have sex.

There's still some time. Hopefully.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Director Helen Shaver Q&A: ‘I’m Not Interested in Sentimentality’ | Orphan Black | BBC America

A marvelous moment happened early on, maybe the second take…. Evelyne lifted Tatiana up so that she was holding her, which made Tatiana taller than her. That sort of shift in the physical dynamic is so evocative for the viewer — to go from Cosima looking up to Delphine , to being level and finally above. If we had cut to a wide shot you would have seen Cosima’s legs wrapped around Evelyne’s waist. Evelyne literally lifted Tatiana up, and it was just a breathtaking moment. And while I let each scene evolve in its own way, I said, “Make sure you lift her up because that’s fantastic.”

IF the had cut to a wide shot. But why would they do that, right
Old 07-18-2017, 12:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Director Helen Shaver Q&A: ‘I’m Not Interested in Sentimentality’ | Orphan Black | BBC America

A marvelous moment happened early on, maybe the second take…. Evelyne lifted Tatiana up so that she was holding her, which made Tatiana taller than her. That sort of shift in the physical dynamic is so evocative for the viewer — to go from Cosima looking up to Delphine , to being level and finally above. If we had cut to a wide shot you would have seen Cosima’s legs wrapped around Evelyne’s waist. Evelyne literally lifted Tatiana up, and it was just a breathtaking moment. And while I let each scene evolve in its own way, I said, “Make sure you lift her up because that’s fantastic.”

IF the had cut to a wide shot. But why would they do that, right
My guess is that they didn't cut to a wide shot because doing so takes the audience out of the intimacy of the scene. The closer the shot, the more intimate.

This little tidbit is so great to know, but a wide shot would have ruined the visual and the symmetry. I thought that whole sequence was beautiful as shot.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To me it was terribly edited and looked super weird in the end, so knowing we didn't get to see this made me very angry
Old 07-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to need a moment to recover. Holy **** EBro.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
if we had cut to a wide shot
release the unused cuts, ffs
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
release the unused cuts, ffs
****ing same! just give it to me!

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-18-2017, 06:13 PM
New Fan

I'd like to see that wide shot. Evelyne's height is so hot.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madam magpie (View Post)
My guess is that they didn't cut to a wide shot because doing so takes the audience out of the intimacy of the scene. The closer the shot, the more intimate.

This little tidbit is so great to know, but a wide shot would have ruined the visual and the symmetry. I thought that whole sequence was beautiful as shot.
Yeah. I get this--the desire the keep it intimate--and even the fact that the way it was shot was visually confusing makes sense, in that the flashback and the present scene blend into one another, and at some moments its hard to tell which is which. And I know that's on purpose, and the idea is to show that the relationship has come full circle, from an initial moment of openness and trust, through lots of doubt, and finally back to trust (and the circling camera emphasized this full-circle idea). And yet ... I'm such a sucker for anything remotely romantic with these two, and I think I understand and like what they were trying to do with this scene, but I was still somewhat disappointed. I thought the editing was choppy and confusing at times, and it took me out of the beauty of the moment.

I'd have liked to see the wide shot.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought the editing was choppy and confusing at times, and it took me out of the beauty of the moment.
Exactly.