Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Is there, though? Wasn't this the episode EBro was gushing about in all her interviews? I doubt there'll be much more from now on
jeez now you sound like manu and me. there's still time.

Spoiler:

Quote:
That whole dialogue was so poorly written, imo "He divides women", it's like I could see whoever wrote this patting themselves on the back for all the feminism
well it WAS a woman who wrote it, so i'm gonna give her some credit that she was trying to be sincere. i mean PT was trying to pit all 4 women against each other in the dinner scene, so it may be clumsily written, but not untrue.

Quote:
Aside from that as far as I'm concerned Cosima exercised her own consent in saying YES when she didn't have to at all.
mte.

Quote:
we already knew where Delphine's loyalties lied, we already knew they had sex that night. If they wanted to give us a flashback, why not in a different setting, like lying in bed together, having dinner at home or something, and talking about those things? It would have a been a new moment, something we hadn't seen of them. Their 1x10 scenes were already perfect, there was no need to add anything there.
i have thoughts as to why it was important, but i'm too tired to articulate them. interesting how that sex scene is a foil to episode 108 tho. like actually seeing the scene, here now cosima and delphine have laid themselves bare for once and it's almost like the real first time.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
jeez now you sound like manu and me. there's still time.
EXCUSE ME.

Spoiler:

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
EXCUSE ME.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought that in the first ep too when Delphine comes into the yurt clearly happy and so relieved to see Cosima, and Cosima doesn't gush about how much she's missed her; she just accuses, "I thought you were dead."
Yeah, that was also

Quote:
I really liked Delphine being irritated when Cosima gave her crap about not telling her about Kira immediately.
That was my favorite thing, honestly.

Quote:
jeez now you sound like manu and me.
Nobody is as bitter as you guys And yeah, I know there's something with them in later episodes, but I doubt it will be anything big. From how much they teased this episode, I think this was supposed to be the Cophiniest episode of the season, and I'm mad that it turned out to be so lame I'm glad most of the fandom seems happy with it, though

Quote:
well it WAS a woman who wrote it, so i'm gonna give her some credit that she was trying to be sincere. i mean PT was trying to pit all 4 women against each other in the dinner scene, so it may be clumsily written, but not untrue.
I'm not saying it's untrue, I'm saying it was poorly written, knowing it was written by a woman doesn't change that at all to me.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
That was my favorite thing, honestly.
It was great. Clone Club has crapped on Delphine, that's for sure. But I think it's only fair to allow Cosima the chance to make mistakes and grow up. She seems so young sometimes: she's crazy smart, but also impulsive and fairly black and white with her ethics. On some level, that fuels the integrity Delphine mentioned (and I do think one of Cosima's best qualities is her fierce belief in right and wrong), but it can also be myopic. How old are the clones supposed to be...27, 28? Maybe younger? Are they all the same age? Beth/Alison seem older, but Cosima was still in school...and I think Tatiana herself was only 26 or something when the show started.

This show relies a lot on subtext, probably because the actors are so incredibly good. But I think we've seen growth in Cosima. I hope that by the end of the series, she takes a big leap.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nobody is as bitter as you guys
blasphemy!
but probably true.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Iffy dialogue is something of a running theme in OB, some of season three was quite terrible, this not quite so bad. But isn't iffy dialogue a reflection on life, don't we all at some point say things that are odd, uncomfortable, an "ugh what did I say that for" moment. Are TV shows not allowed to have these moments too?

Maybe before the end of the season we'll see Cosima rush into Delphine's arms and tell her how she feels, a genuine ILY rather than the somewhat veiled ones of the past.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh man, I feel like I walked into the twilight zone in this thread. Ju is disappointed and Manu and Twist are all positive. This is weird.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
blasphemy!
but probably true.
i know it's true

Quote:
Ju is disappointed and Manu and Twist are all positive. This is weird.
i can't speak for manu, but i'm personally at the point where any cophine is good cophine for me. i've honestly hated 90% of this show since they introduced the castor clones, and i barely even watched s3/4, so i'm just like, whatever. i don't care anymore. cophine were never treated the way they deserved to be treated. i enjoy them as a couple, but it's like LG 2.0 for me where i am literally slugging it out JUST for cophine and i'll just be chill with whatever we get, because i don't trust this show to ever give me the good **** i want/deserve. so i'm "positive" because i'm just happy it's ending soon.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-11-2017, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
i can't speak for manu
you can. and you did

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-11-2017, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And yeah, I know there's something with them in later episodes, but I doubt it will be anything big. From how much they teased this episode, I think this was supposed to be the Cophiniest episode of the season, and I'm mad that it turned out to be so lame
Going into 5x05 this was my biggest fear and I weirdly turned out loving it. Yeah it's true that when it comes to "big" cophine moments this episode was pimped out the most, and it will be the episode with the most screentime between them, and it is the turning point in terms of trust, and it does have the fancy pants editing with the flashback, but that's not to say THIS IS IT and the remaining 4 episodes yield nothing great. I'm not too concerned about it. There is a cophine plot in 5x08 and Cosima shouldn't be constantly throwing shade and Delphine is going to be able to tell Cosima more of what she's doing now they are interacting outside of Revival, and they should be much more of a united front. If they aren't I'll be the first to cry foul over it. Then there's 5x10 where it's almost certain they have a happy ending so I think, I hope, you can take heart that there is something to look forward to. Even EBro who may have loved 5x05 the most is still teasing the episodes after.

x
(These gifs are terribly sized wtf)

Quote:
Are they all the same age? Beth/Alison seem older, but Cosima was still in school...and I think Tatiana herself was only 26 or something when the show started.
I'm pretty sure Cosima is the oldest clone actually by a few weeks and Cosima is even older than Delphine supposedly.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
you can. and you did

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Cosima is the oldest clone actually by a few weeks and Cosima is even older than Delphine supposedly.
i love that cosima seems younger, even tho in reality she's older. i think it's realistic. i know plenty of people my age who are more "mature" than i am with a house and family, even though i'm their age/a little older.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-11-2017, 08:04 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Really?? That's so hard to believe! Where did that info come from? Delphine already had her PhD and was working with Dyad when the series began. I guess she could be a prodigy, but that's a leap. Then again, TV shows are notoriously bad with age.

Cosima/Sarah seem super young to me, while Alison/Beth/Rachel seem older. (Helena...I don't know.) I wonder why Tatiana chose to play them that way.

Last edited by madam magpie; 07-11-2017 at 09:28 AM
Old 07-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Really?? That's so hard to believe! Where did that info come from?
s1 where delphine discovered cosima's book with all of their birthdays and stuff in it. delphine's info was on a computer screen monitor in s2.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

BTS:

x

I kinda hope there's gonna be bloopers.