Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2016, 06:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

General Discussion Thread #4: Because we're looking forward to S5!

welcome to the 4th
g e n e r a l d i s c u s s i o n
thread

x

Please keep in mind that everyone has their own opinions and everyone's opinion matters.

There is no right or wrong answer.

Have fun and d i s c u s s with your fellow posters!

p r e v i o u s threads;
[ 001 ] [ 002 ] [ 003 ] [ 004 ]
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by danvers; 07-03-2016 at 04:18 PM
Old 01-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 01-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread Twisty!
Old 01-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

you're welcome.

try not to envy my mad thread title skills
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

not at all. I was actually thinking of using that exact same title

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 01-04-2016, 06:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
not at all. I was actually thinking of using that exact same title
i know, i was joking
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tfnt!

Honestly though I wish I could say I was looking forward to it, but I'm more mildly curious about what the neolution storyline has to offer and that's it.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Tfnt!

Honestly though I wish I could say I was looking forward to it, but I'm more mildly curious about what the neolution storyline has to offer and that's it.
Same here, bb. Same here.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-21-2016, 01:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch (View Post)
I just joined after watching all episodes again over the past couple of days. I've been searching this forum for answers to a couple of questions but since I haven't found them I thought I'd ask.

What has happened to Marion Bowles? It appears Rachel is going to be Charlotte's mom now but I didn't catch what happened to Marion. Did I miss something?

Does anyone else think it strange or too coincidental that the only clones that escaped the system are the only ones that can have children and are immune to the Castor virus?
I think that OB has been some what unfortunate in that some actors/actresses have become unavailable because of other commitments, I think that's the case with the Marion Bowles character. Pity as I like both the actress and the character, hey ho.

Strange and coincidental, quite possibly, but without both disappearing from the system we quite possibly wouldn't have a story. I don't believe that Sarah's unexpected arrival in Toronto would have happened had Leekie and Dyad had her under surveillance. maybe.

Some other folks might be able to explain better than me if I've got the first bit wrong in some way, and have their own interpretation of the strange and coincidental.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
I think that OB has been some what unfortunate in that some actors/actresses have become unavailable because of other commitments, I think that's the case with the Marion Bowles character. Pity as I like both the actress and the character, hey ho.
Yeah, definitely a pity. Marion could've been a really great character to get more insight into Dyad/Topside/Neolution.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
it is unfortunate, because marion was one of the few new minor characters who i felt genuinely added a lot to the show.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-30-2016, 05:46 PM
New Fan

Clone phone color and season arc

Hello fellow Orphan Black devotees. Huge fan, first post. I was turned onto this show by a friend, binged, and finally caught up with the new season. This friend and I enjoy shooting theories back and forth at work, and this is one of my crazier ones. I think I might be on to something however. I know there are people on this forum with far more knowledge about the show....so, shooting it past all of you to see if I am indeed crazy.

My theory is that the color of the clone phones, which changes each season, is a clue to the characters central "theme" for the season. Some shows will have this sort of a season theme. We can all agree OB is well written, well thought-out, and might just likely to have this sort of an idea.

The clone phones have been pink, orange, green and purple Let me start with seasons three and four first, as they are freshest in my mind.

Season 3 - Green is most often associated with nature and fertility. We have the whole fertility story with that started in season two with Helena, but this season to me is about the nature. The clones learn about their nature, about castor, where they come from.

Season 4 - Purple is most often associated with the idea of royalty, but it also symbolizes loyalty. In season four loyalty is tested more than any other season. Sarah to Felix, Sarah to Mrs. S, Rachel to the clones, Alison has a chance to stay loyal or make a deal for Donnie, Cosima's loyalty to Delphine, even when she is absent, pulls her through some tough times...there are more. Trying to be terse.

Season 1 - Pink is the color of closeness, of love of others, of romance. This can fit in a lot of places in this season. Sarah reconnecting with her family and daughter for example. It has been to long since I watch this season.

Season 2 - Orange. This, I am stumped. Orange means a lot of things depending on what site I am reading. To many, and the season is not as clear in my mind. I am planning on rewatching all four seasons during the lull. Trying to nail down this season to the color is on my agenda.

All you mad, crazy fans out there....help a brother out! Am I completely off base? Did I hit upon something? Someone out there must know colors better than I and the material better than I. So either disprove me or help me fill in the gaps. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi there, and welcome. Always interesting to have new theories to ponder, especially at the start of the (too long) hiatus. My one contribution to your idea has to do with season 2. This is when the clones really learned about the clone disease, we met (via her videos) Jennifer who died of it, and Cosima began to feel its effects. So to tie in with your theory, the color orange makes me think of a warning, and also of something toxic. So orange makes sense for a season when a major theme was discovery of the sickness at the heart of the cloning enterprise.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome!

And interesting thought there! I've never given much thought to the colour of their clone phones but I like your theory!
Old 07-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reckon we should change the title to S5?