Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-01-2014, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

SMASH REWATCH: 1x13 - Tech

Smash 1x13 - Tech

x

First aired: 04/30/2012 (10:00PM – 11:00PM)
“Bombshell” moves to Boston. Ivy (Megan Hilty) faces trouble as Derek (Jack Davenport) finds himself drawn ever closer to Rebecca Duvall (special guest Uma Thurman), while Karen (Katharine McPhee) reaches a turning point — she must choose between Dev (Raza Jaffrey) and the show. Eileen (Anjelica Huston) faces off against Julia (Debra Messing) over the possible return of Michael Swift (Will Chase). Sam (Leslie Odom, Jr.) brings Tom (Christian Borle) into the biggest battle of all — family dinner.

source

----------------------------------
Join us and rewatch Smash episodes every week, starting from Season 1

Old 05-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

This makes me miss S1.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I miss the whole show since I started this rewatch the last episodes of S1 were brilliant, it was like being one of the Bombshell cast!

Old 05-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Watched!

"Another Op'nin', Another Show" is perfect for the first scenes of this episode: it's tech! It's already becoming exciting, the opening is arrived

Derek going crazy - Bobby: "I'm waiting for Derek to have a stroke" - and his BLOODY HELL! Rebecca every minute more scared, Ivy depressed, Karen fighting with Dev, Julia and Michael coming back...it's getting crazy for everyone

Dev I understand his feelings, but you can't blame Karen if you almost cheat on her with RJ! And then he goes with Ivy! they perfectly knew each other, so it's even worse.

Tom and Derek scenes

Derek sleeping with Rebecca...it's Derek! Ivy was hurted and I understand it, but seriously she believed that it was a serious relationship? I didn't see it like that, she probably added more to what actually was.

I LOVE what Sam says to Tom after the dinner.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

(finally rewatched another ep )

So much happens in this episode amazing episode too

Love the opening & Christian singing perfect way to start it off

Dev if he wants to be with Karen maybe he should listen to her & be more understanding about her dreams. They really weren't a good fit. It was one thing to cheat with RJ but then Ivy was worse. Especially since they most likely could have known or at least worked out who the other one was. He should have seen her at the party so at least know that she knew Karen

Ivy hoped it was a serious relationship but being with Derek she was setting herself up to get burned. I feel bad for her but then she goes to get back at Derek with Dev which annoys me. Love her song though

Sam & Tom after dinner

also agreed about Tom & Derek scenes in the ep

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I was so thrilled here, because we were almost at the preview debut, so exciting!

Quote:
Love the opening & Christian singing
Yeah, "Another openin, another show" is perfect

Quote:
but then Ivy was worse. Especially since they most likely could have known or at least worked out who the other one was.
They knew each other by name, because Karen had mentioned him before and he knew "Ivy" always because of Karen talking about her. Indeed that was worse.

I' not a fan of the song Ivy sings, anyway, it doesn't fit Megan's voice very well imho I wanted to see Karen's song, too, anyway, since it was a challenge

Ivy and Karen's faces when they have to take off Rebecca's gloves

Quote:
Sam & Tom after dinner
I like so much what Sam says about theatre, it's so true!

Old 11-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

He had to know her by name, there really is no question about it. He had to know what he was doing & yet still he did it. Cheating is one thing but with Ivy just makes it so much worse

Yes seeing Karen's song would have been nice . I think it fit the mood she was in & I tend to like songs like that (don't think I know the original of it though). It showed some of her ability but yeah I can see what you mean about it fitting her voice. Wish at some stage we actually got that challenge completed...

I don't like how Karen gets called "Iowa" it seems like an insult or like she's not an equal could just be the way I see it though

Yes they really did not want to take those gloves off & I can't blame them . It would be like becoming servants for the woman taking their place

Yes. There is a lot of passion from both of them & Sam's father in their scenes, & truth to what they say really

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Cheating is one thing but with Ivy just makes it so much worse
Yeah, if he had to cheat he could have done it with RJ...he said no to her but not to Ivy (and only because Karen hadn't say yes to his proposal).

Quote:
Yes seeing Karen's song would have been nice
And I bet it would have been an emotional song too, since her situation with Dev

Quote:
I don't like how Karen gets called "Iowa" it seems like an insult or like she's not an equal
They call her Iowa by meaning "hick" I think, not a "city" person, so it's definitely not a nice nickname. I don't like it very much either, it's like she's lower than them all

Quote:
Yes. There is a lot of passion from both of them & Sam's father in their scenes, & truth to what they say really
And what Sam's father says it's the thought of every performer parents. I'm not a dancer, but I think the same too, sometimes!

Old 11-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I'm sure she would have been emotional too

That's how I see the "nickname" too

Agreed

Chelle » join GTmy art