Gossip Girl (Max)

It's always nice to see them interacting on Twitter

Old 10-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

SNL spoofs Katharine McPhee and ‘Smash’

Quote:
Tracy Morgan made his triumphant return to SNL last night after recovering from a horrific car accident he was in last year. In his opening monologue, he showed a “clip” from a 2012 episode of 30 Rock, which was really just a live sketch with surprise guests Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jane Krakowski, and Jack McBrayer.

To drive home that this was 2012, there were a few mentions of things that were popular during that time, including NBC’s show Smash. An advertisement flew in at the bottom of the screen that featured Cecily Strong as Katharine McPhee and Kate McKinnon as Megan Hilty dancing on top of the Smash logo.

Katharine and the Smash logo made another appearance later on during the sketch, and Tina Fey even made a joke about it. “Are those the Smash people under me? Those Smash people down there again?!”

Check it out for yourself in the clip below. That rivalry between Karen Cartwright and Ivy Lynn may just never die out!
Video: SNL spoofs Katharine McPhee and 'Smash' - KatharineMcPhee.net

[the first time this appears is at 2:52. the second time 3:56]

I wonder why they did so, but it's nice that they keep mentioning it here and there

Old 10-24-2015, 12:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

odd but still cool that it was mentioned guess there is still some love for it floating around. Maybe they often advertised Smash like that to promote the show during 2012

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Tina Fey seems was a fan of Smash, too

It's great to see that the show is still alive, someway I mean, even if it sems that everybody loved to hate it and that it was such a "small" show (exclusive, in some way), there's always a reason to mention it

The banner appeared the first time while the guy was telling this

"That's the thing about loss it's not until someone or something is taken away from you that you realise how much you miss them. (SMASH logo appears). And even if something seems silly and ridiculous at the time they leave a profound sense of loss when they're gone"

So true

Old 10-26-2015, 01:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

oh wow that's really fitting for Smash

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah

After all were nice words. The two women weren't exactly like Ivy and Karen, though, especially the Ivy-like one