Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think it'd be interesting to see Ivy being insecure over something new, even if it was done by someone who was after the same role or a co-star again just as long as the reasoning was different. I think it could have been anyone, maybe she started going out with other mothers & they think she's not good enough because she is on broadway?

I would have loved to see advice being given between them too, especially Ivy to Karen since she has supposedly had more experience. It'd be nice to see her offering pointers to help Karen out but I think that even Karen could still give Ivy some advice - just possibly not wise for career related advice as Ivy might take that the wrong way

Quote:
Do you mean having two relationship at once, one with Karen and the other with Ivy?
Yes, sorry if what I put was confusing. In the movie the husband seems to want to keep his two wives from meeting so for Derek he'd have to make sure that Karen & Ivy didn't find out that he was in love with them both or worse in a relationship with both

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I think it could have been anyone, maybe she started going out with other mothers & they think she's not good enough because she is on broadway?
I can't imagine her with not Broadway people, it seems she hadn't friends like that I wonder if in S1 Theresa wanted to introduce at some point other family members, anyway. In the second episode she asks to her mother, on the phone, about "Charlie" or a name like that ad the thing didn't seem so good.

Quote:
for Derek he'd have to make sure that Karen & Ivy didn't find out that he was in love with them both or worse in a relationship with both
That he was in love with both was already known, even if the feelings weren't exactly the same. A relationship with both would have been crazy!

Can I say that I loved when Ivy mentioned her after the opening of Bombshell? When she asks her to sing with her?

But I felt bad for Karen during Ivy's DFM, she felt bad, thinking to be not as good as Ivy

Last edited by airali_glo; 05-24-2014 at 12:49 PM
Old 05-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know that she would have had many non-Broadway friends, but once she had a child she might of found some . Sometimes there are groups of parents who get together & talk & help each other out or we have that here so I was thinking something like that. I can't remember that from the second episode, but it would have been nice if we saw more of her family or found out more about them

Quote:
That he was in love with both was already known, even if the feelings weren't exactly the same. A relationship with both would have been crazy!
That's true, so it'd have to be relationship. So he'd be lying to both, which would piss off a lot of fans & make it hard to be happy to see him with either even if you wanted him with one of them knowing he was lying to them & still with the other (& lying to them too)

That moment was amazing Still love it. But yeah it would have been so hard for her to watch any of it but DFM was worse. I think they did all of that beautifully

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
That's true, so it'd have to be relationship. So he'd be lying to both, which would piss off a lot of fans & make it hard to be happy to see him with either even if you wanted him with one of them knowing he was lying to them & still with the other (& lying to them too)
This. I'd hate to see Derek lying to Karen, especially when Karen was already heartbroken because of Dev's cheating.

Quote:
But yeah it would have been so hard for her to watch any of it but DFM was worse. I think they did all of that beautifully
Katharine played that so well, also.

x

The "I wanted to leave at the intermission" is a flashback in the episode after Kyle's death.

That song for Karen was the conclusion of her first big show, as the lead. She sang it after learning it in so little time, her first show was after that Rebecca failure so a lot of pressure...she was green and didn't know wheter the audience would have liked her or not. Also no one else, before her, had sung it, so before Ivy DFM was only hers and I'm sure she felt it very much.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I agree with all you said about DFM. It was Karen's song & it showed how much of a star she was & she did wonderfully learning it so quickly & did a wonderful job with it. While I can understand her need to see Ivy sing it her staying & watching it (& the reactions of those around her) would have been awful for her to see. She'd presumably be wondering if people thought Ivy was better but really you can't compare two different situations. Karen pulled off an AMAZING performance with little time to prepare while Ivy had weeks if not months to learn the song
I love Karen & Ivy's 'i wanted to leave but i had to see DFM' scene
Quote:
This. I'd hate to see Derek lying to Karen, especially when Karen was already heartbroken because of Dev's cheating.
Yes. More reason why it'd be awful to watch

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-26-2014, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Those gifs, I really enjoyed this friendship.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 05-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
While I can understand her need to see Ivy sing it her staying & watching it (& the reactions of those around her) would have been awful for her to see. She'd presumably be wondering if people thought Ivy was better but really you can't compare two different situations. Karen pulled off an AMAZING performance with little time to prepare while Ivy had weeks if not months to learn the song
Yeah, her first performance was amazing, sad to see that she couldn't really think about it I'm sure she was also thinking that that place was hers, before. That if she didn't leave Bombshell, now she would be on that stage, on Broadway. She made it also with Hit List, but I think Bombshell was still a big part of her, even if she left it voluntarily.

Ivy was jelous too, in S1, at watching Karen playing Marilyn, but it was a different "feeling", you can see that watching the two episodes. Ivy that thinks back at her Wolf watching Karen is different from Karen watching Ivy's DFM.

Quote:
Those gifs, I really enjoyed this friendship.
The friendship moments were beautiful! The fights, not as much

Old 05-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

A lot of those things would have been going through her mind . It'd be really hard to watch & Ivy was pretty much where she wanted to be (on Broadway). It is beside the point that Hit List then takes her there. Bombshell will always be different because it was her first, it opened up the doors for her & she may always wonder if she had stayed would she have won & what it would have done for her career. She loved Hit List & it still seemed to do wonders for her & her career but she could still question 'what if I stayed'

As for the jealousy, I agree completely different. Karen's was more wishful thinking while Ivy's was a little mean & dismissive of Karen, feeling she deserved it more. Plus for Ivy she sang the demo song & probably felt it was her role first, Karen came in & stole it from her. Tom would have given it to her
Quote:
The friendship moments were beautiful! The fights, not as much
Agreed! We needed more friendship bits! Or better yet a chance for them to become friends

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
but she could still question 'what if I stayed'
Especially because if she stayed, they wouldn't have called back Ivy, at least not as the principal. Maybe she would have be the alternate, but it's the principal actor who gets a Tony nomination...

Quote:
Tom would have given it to her
I' pretty sure that if it was for Tom, Karen wouldn't have been in the ensemble, even!

Old 05-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes then Ivy may not have even been competition (unless they gave her something else to do) so more things to go through Karen's mind. Although that thought may have been there more when Ivy won

Tom warmed up to Karen I think, or at least a little bit, but yeah he just wanted Ivy

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Tom warmed up to Karen I think, or at least a little bit, but yeah he just wanted Ivy
Honestly even when he became the director I always had the feeling that he tried to work with her only because she was Marilyn. I remember that scene with the flowers and they going to that event, but...I never felt he really cared and believed in her. He tried every minute to bring back Ivy.

The thing is that, as Karen says, Ivy s Tom's Marilyn. Derek's was Karen (although he liked Ivy for different reasons).

Old 05-29-2014, 03:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's true . I didn't think of that, but you're right he did always want Ivy so yeah he probably only did 'care' for her because he had to

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Some time ago I remember I read people on Tumblr saying that Kat and Megan (more Karen and Ivy) would be perfect as Glida and Elphaba

Old 05-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think either I read that or you've mentioned that before. They really would be . If they could have added Wicked in or something like that it would have been good for them both to get lead roles in something together, & give them a chance not just to work together but hopefully be friends again. I'd think there'd be less competing between them then

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
If they could have added Wicked in or something like that it would have been good for them both to get lead roles in something together, & give them a chance not just to work together but hopefully be friends again. I'd think there'd be less competing between them then
I agree seeing both of them in a musical where they can be both lead without being jelous would have been great! Just think about That's Life, it was a success and it was only one song