Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I agree! And the hair are very pretty, she's lovely

Old 06-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Her hair is growing out nicely
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 06-15-2013, 11:48 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
She could take acting classes, in that case...the thing that is fun, in some way, is that when she sings in Smash, playing a character - like Marilyn or Amanda or even just Karen singing her emotions - she CAN act. Look at Public Relations, for example. So I guess her problem is more with simple lines, because when she sings she PLAYS a character, she can to that.
That is so true!

I think Katharine should indeed try theater instead of movies/television. She is a talented singer and dancer, and by singing and dancing she is able to show her emotions. I would cast her in a musical with lots of singing and dancing and a lot less line-reading.

Everyone has to find their strengths and relay on them. Every once in a while you have to step away your comfort zone, but you have to base your career on what you can do the best. And Katharine's talents are in singing/stage performing.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I would cast her in a musical with lots of singing and dancing and a lot less line-reading.
I agree And at the same time she could improve her acting tecnique - even Marilyn did it because she wasn't an actress (she was a model, first)

She's performing at "Inspiration to Action" dinner in Chicago TODAY!

Quote:
@michiganavemag
RSVP by June 8 for the @GarySiniseFound "Inspiration to Action" dinner w/ guest performer @katharinemcphee! For tickets, call 818-432-8960

Old 06-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

She's been performing a lot lately. I hope we hear something on her album soon.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 06-17-2013, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

She didn't look so happy in the pictures and she even used an outfit she had some time ago at Letterman's

source

Quote:
She's been performing a lot lately. I hope we hear something on her album soon.
She replied on Twitter to a fan saying "I hope so" Crossing fingers". The fan had asked her if the album would be released at fall.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like her black skirt but the shoes?

I hope she does make an album it's been along time for her.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It's a nice outfit, but I'm not sure on the shoes either

Hopefully her album does get released in the fall!

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I like the shoes at Letterman's she had differens ones, though.

Let's hope! We don't even have a clue about it in general, not even a sound/style info!

How do you imagine it?

Old 06-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Knowing something would be nice

I don't know, I think maybe it could have a little bit of influence from Smash/musicals while also having a mainly pop feel to it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

A Smash-kind of style would be awesome, after all the composers "tailored" songs for the performers basing on their skills (Kat is great in pop songs, but also in lighter Broadway ones), so why not keep using the same style? I don't think it would be "too Smash", because in the show she san what she could do best.

Katharine at the Dramatically Different Party in NYC. I LOVE the outfit, the shoes and the make up

more

Old 06-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I absolutely love that white and black dress it's so cute.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

She does look cute. I love that outfit too! I love her hair too
Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
A Smash-kind of style would be awesome, after all the composers "tailored" songs for the performers basing on their skills (Kat is great in pop songs, but also in lighter Broadway ones), so why not keep using the same style? I don't think it would be "too Smash", because in the show she san what she could do best.
Exactly & I agree! The show made sure that the performers could perform/sing the songs, so in a way I guess in that sense her songs should hopefully have that feel to it. But I think that in Smash her songs weren't always pop & she could still shine in the 'Broadway' feeling ones. No I don't know if she could actually do Broadway (I wouldn't say no if she wanted to do it though ), but singing on an album with a Broadway style to the songs I think she could do. Does that make sense?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Then vote for her in this poll

Vote! Who Was the Best Dressed at the Dramatically Different Clinique Party? - Celebrity Style - StyleBistro

Quote:
But I think that in Smash her songs weren't always pop & she could still shine in the 'Broadway' feeling ones.
They gave her some 'Broadway' kind of ones, but they were "lighter" than powerful, belting ones (like Megan ones. Don't Forget Me is an exception, although Megan sang it in a different way). After all she had never sung Broadway before. But she did a great job! I love her as Marilyn and her songs in Bombshell are - she even has a Marilyn-like voice

Quote:
No I don't know if she could actually do Broadway (I wouldn't say no if she wanted to do it though )
I think that she should work on that style - because theatre singing is different from the other ways of doing it, the vocal tecnique performers study in musical academies is specific for that kind of job/performance and Katharine didn't study that - but with some study she could do it to me

So if she wants to sing Broadway the way Broadway performers do, she needs to learn that style (or improve it, anyway) - she can do it the point is that she really has to want it in this job (but also in pop singing) you really need passion for it.

Since we're speaking of Kat doing Broadway...some time ago I posted a video of her with another singer, with the duet of Phantom "All I Ask Of You". It was bad, really they basically made it pop and NO. NO NO NO. Sorry she "personalized" the song, adding grace notes and stuff that was completely out of place. I admit that Christine is a difficult role (and I don't think Kat could play it), but like this...no This is a way I would never want her to sing Broadway - because basically is not Broadway:

Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm a little scared to watch that

I agree, she'd need to work on things & have the passion for it. I don't know if she has that, but if she does & did want to do Broadway I think she could but she just needs a little work & training first. To perform on stage she needs to sing out, so I think she'd have that anyway. She may just not be able to sing certain styles/notes right now that she'd need to be trained for.

I'm sorry but looking at the other outfits Katharine is the ONLY option . I wouldn't have voted anyone else anyway, but really don't like any of the others . She's winning ATM too

Chelle » join GTmy art