{}
Old 02-23-2021, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I’m so impressed
Old 04-20-2021, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-20-2021, 09:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Hi I'm new to the Shadowhunter forum just wanted to say that I love Jace & Clary they're such a beautiful couple, both in the TV series and the movie can you please add me to the list? thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
I'm glad the actors are such good friends in real-life

Last edited by LindaL100; 04-20-2021 at 09:58 PM
Old 04-20-2021, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome

glad they are close

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 04-21-2021, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the board! You've been added to the list Happy to hear that you love them so much
Old 04-25-2021, 12:17 AM
Absolute Fan

thanks for adding me!
Old 04-25-2021, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem! What do you like most about Jace and Clary?
Old 04-26-2021, 04:52 AM
Absolute Fan

I guess my fav part about Clace's relationship is just how much they love each other, they would do anything for each other, Clary really changed Jace's life and turned him into a better person, and in turn Jace is like Clary's anchor who keeps her grounded Even after the angels took away Clary's powers and memories, in the end Clary was still able to see Jace and remember him, I interpreted their interaction and Clary's recognition of Jace at the end as their love for each other being stronger than anything else, love conquers all, they are truly a beautiful couple
As much as I love Malec and Sizzy too, but Clace is my fav couple from Shadowhunters
Old 04-26-2021, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww that was a great answer They would definitely move heaven and hell for one another if they had to Their love is incredibly strong. I'm not sure if you enjoy reading, but the books have a lot more of these two together! Their story goes a different way in them than it did on the show.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:12 PM
Absolute Fan

I have not read the books yet, but I heard there are 7 books in the series so understandably the books delve deeper into Clace's relationship. I'm sure if the series had been renewed for more seasons we would've seen Clace's relationship deepen and evolve even more, I'm so sad it got cancelled I only just recently watched 'Shadowhunters' and binge-watched all 3 seasons in 1 week, it has become one of my new fav shows, and Clace is one of my fav couples

I have read that the books is very different and that they changed a lot of things in the series. I also watched the movie version which was rather different and comparing the series with the movie I can already see some differences. I also really liked the Clace relationship in the movie, but if I have to be honest, I still prefer Katherine McNamara and Dominic Sherwood's portrayal of Clace in the series better I still love the series more overall, even though I did enjoy the movie too, I just think the series is better overall.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

There are six books in The Mortal Instrument series And then various other trilogies and books set within the Shadowhunter world There is definitely a lot to dive into where the books are concerned, but it's a lot of fun. Oh wow that's quite the binge watch you had! That's amazing The show could have easily been more seasons so it was quite a shame that it was cancelled prematurely. There was a large fan effort to get it renewed, but unfortunately it didn't work.

That's understandable that you like their portrayal more as they got to spend more time being the characters Both sets of portrayals did a great job for sure though I feel the same as you do.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:19 AM
Absolute Fan

ah yes there are 6 books in the original series, I got confused, I heard they also appear in several spinoff series too. I need to find the books so I can start reading them and find out all the differences and changes they made to the show.

Yes I definitely prefer Kat and Dom as Clary and Jace, even though I did like the movie actors too and how they portrayed Clace in the movie, I think the actors had good chemistry. I actually did not like Kat's version of Clary in the beginning of the series because I found her annoying at first, especially in the first few episodes, but she slowly grew on me. While I initially preferred Lily Collins version from the movie because she was more likable and less annoying to me in the movie. It wasn't until S3 that I really started to love Kat's Clary more than Lily's version.
As for Jace, I really like Jamie Campbell Bower's version in the movie, but I love Dom's portrayal of Jace from the very beginning and he is 1 of my fav characters in the series and I have a soft spot for Dom I also love him and Kat together and their portrayal of the Clace relationship maybe you're right, maybe it's because we have seen them as these characters for much longer and there were much more great Clace moments in the series and we've seen their relationship develop more in the series compared to the movie.

They cancelled the show because sadly the ratings started to go down from season 2 and S3 had the lowest ratings when it aired on Freeform, but the show has such a big and loyal fanbase and won 2 People's choice awards for fav Sci-fi show. Even though the ratings were not good on Freeform but I think the vast majority of fans worldwide had watched it on Netflix anyway, I think Netflix should've picked up the series and renewed it, just like they had saved 'Lucifer', I think the fandom is big enough for the show to be renewed by a streaming service like Netflix or Hulu. I also heard that there was a fan campaign to have the show renewed, but sadly it failed
I hope another network or streaming service will save the show in the future with all the same casts, it has so much potential for more seasons.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It can certainly be confusing Especially since more books are still being written. I can confirm that they do show up in books outside of The Mortal Instruments series They aren’t the main focus in those books, but it’s still nice to hear about them.

To be honest, Clary can be a bit annoying as a character especially in the beginning of the story so Kat did a good job in that sense Sounds like it took you awhile to warm up to Kat, but I’m glad you did
They did get a lot more time to be together and developed the Clace characters We got to see more from them so it’s easy to be more swayed by them. Everyone did a great job though

The ratings did go down. Though tv ratings are consistently going down for most because of streaming. I don’t think they were Freeform’s worst rated show, but they were a more expensive show which I think played a big role in the ultimate decision. Fans did try hard to get Netflix to continue it, but sadly for one reason or another it just wasn’t in the cards. I don’t see this show continuing on at all though there is a slight possibility that another show will be made based on other books from the Shadowhunters world.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:01 PM
Absolute Fan

I actually really like Kat herself as a person and as an actress, I first saw her on 'Arrow' as Mia Smoak and really loved her on Arrow, it was only later on that I learned she starred in a show called 'Shadowhunters' before and she was actually the reason I decided to watch Shadowhunters in the first place. But I did not like her character Clary much in the beginning, so I was abit disappointed at first since she was initially the reason I started watching, but I really love the other characters so I mainly watched the show for the other characters. I did gradually started to like Clary more further into the show, I liked her better in S2 than S1 and then I really loved her in S3, I think her character really improves and becomes more likable with each season. I liked Kat's Clary in S2 equally just as much as I liked Lily's version, but it wasn't until S3 that I really started to prefer Kat's Clary.
I agree with you I think everyone has done a fantastic job on the show, although I liked the movie too but I definitely prefer the show and the show cast, and Kat & Dom really made me fall in love with the Clace couple

Yeah TV ratings are really not as important as they used to be, nowadays more and more people just watch movies and shows online or on streaming services, and as a supernatural show that has to use a lot of special effects and CGI and props etc, it's a lot more expensive to make, so I can understand if the show became too expensive to make, especially when the ratings were not enough to cover the costs. But I can certainly see a streaming service like Netflix and Hulu saving it, like I said most fans watched the show on Netflix anyways and Netflix has a much bigger budget. But maybe Netflix had too many other shows to produce and didn't have room to add Shadowhunters to their huge catalogue of shows. The show is still on Netflix in some countries and I heard it's on Hulu now in the US?

Last edited by LindaL100; 05-05-2021 at 03:32 AM