Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Walking Dead [6x05] Now Episode discussion

"There is trouble inside and outside the gate. While the mood in Alexandria grows grim for the sheltered citizens."
Old 11-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

I thought this episode was good. Alot of character development. Perhaps the spawn of some new pairings. A big reveal that that Maggie is indeed pregnant with Glenn's kid.

Of the Alexandrians, Aaron and Jessie still remain my favorites. Denise is well on the way of joining the ranks.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I called it like two weeks ago about Maggie

But Rick & ugh no please

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 11-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

i found the episode kind of boring but maybe i wasnt paying enough attention.

i dont care about ricks chick. or tara and her doctor lady. or crazy alexandria woman.

or maggie for that matter.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it was weird! They tend to go off on side issues, rather than give us what we want.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

Honestly I think its apparent that Glenn isn't dead. They are milking that.

I liked that Jessie is nutting up in the community. Honestly between her and Aaron they know the score of what they have to do. I hope more people i

I am guess I'm in the minority. I liked this episode better then 90 mins of why finding out why Morgan is weak and living by a code that's more than likely going to get someone killed.

I have a low tolerance for weak people in the group at this point. Either toughen up or die. Weak people are a liability. I think I am seeing Shane's point of view now.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
Honestly I think its apparent that Glenn isn't dead. They are milking that.

I liked that Jessie is nutting up in the community. Honestly between her and Aaron they know the score of what they have to do. I hope more people i

I am guess I'm in the minority. I liked this episode better then 90 mins of why finding out why Morgan is weak and living by a code that's more than likely going to get someone killed.

I have a low tolerance for weak people in the group at this point. Either toughen up or die. Weak people are a liability. I think I am seeing Shane's point of view now.
Hah, I agree with Glenn.
Jessie is my favorite from this community, Aaron is ok, the rest - not interesting at all. They are looking at Jesse like she's insane that she killed that walker, wtf...
Speaking about Morgan, where was he in this episode, and where was Carol... Hmm, it seems that the writers can't create something that involves more of them. I would really love to see how people look at Carol now after that massacre.
Shane was full crazy, he annoyed me a lot, but he was right a lot of times, but sometimes he would go to far, also it's not that they are just weak, if the characters would be better like on The Farm, then I wouldn't have a problem with their "relevation" of the world now.

Ron was normal in this one, why have I feeling that he will try to kill Rick?
Forget Enid, Carl!
I don't have an interest in Deanna, she annoys me by just her apperance.
And can someone tell me what was that at the end of the episode, was that blood from the walls, what that means?
Also, I know ammo is limited, but they could start shooting at them with all those silencers, or just stabb them with something down at the gate... Also, one out of the box idea, all those Wolves that they killed, why don't throw it at them, walkers would probably eat them (or they just like living flesh? ) and would distract them from the walls for a while.

Next one about Daryl (yesssssssssss! finally something) and Sasha and Abraham.

Glenn will probably be the "surprise" of the finale. I wouldn't be surprised if he will make just a cameo at the end of the finale and let us wait for months for the start of the other half of the season...
Old 11-09-2015, 08:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Morgan was in the episode at the beginning as one of the people who opened the gate for Rick. And dammit Carl, there's plenty of other girls your age around there, Enid's not worth it, lol.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

Didn't like it. Didn't like it at all. I have so many issues with this episode. All basically revolving around Rick. In my opinion, the writers are slaughtering his character.

Rest now, Bowie
Old 11-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Addicted Fan

This was just a filler episode so to be expected negative comments, I wish they could done it better...
Old 11-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

I don't slaughtering Rick's character.

If anything they showing that Rick from S1 is still deep inside of him somewhere despite the fact over time hes hardened up. I liked the sweet moments he had with Deanna and Jessie. The only issue I had with Rick was his scene with Ron.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm just glad Rick's pulled back from starting to go full Shane. You NEVER go full Shane, lol.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
I don't slaughtering Rick's character.

If anything they showing that Rick from S1 is still deep inside of him somewhere despite the fact over time hes hardened up. I liked the sweet moments he had with Deanna and Jessie. The only issue I had with Rick was his scene with Ron.

Let me first preface this by saying... I am SO sorry this is going to be so long and also, anything I say is just my opinion, I don't mean any offense

Now on with the rant....

I'll give you my reasons as to why I believe it IS actually slaughtering Rick's character.

1. Season 1 Rick was all about his family, hell even season 5 Rick was all about his family. Even in the end when he was swinging his gun around at people, his intentions were good.

I have to disagree, I don't think the moment with Jessie was sweet, in fact, it was totally cringe worthy and completely OOC. I think the moment was Jessie was a callback to the end of season 5. He's pursuing a widowed woman (by his doing) and teaching her son Ron how to shoot a gun instead of worrying about his own family. He get's back, Michonne opens the gate for him and after that we don't see him acknowledge her or anyone else in his family.

It's pretty obvious that Ron is playing Rick, and Rick is so blind because he wants to make good with the kid so he can bang his mom.

2. Now I realize that you may not be a Richonne shipper. Maybe you don't ship anyone at all BUT here me out...

So, in my opinion... I believe the writers have been setting up Rick and Michonne to enter a romantic relationship. I believe we've been witnessing a "slow burn" between these two characters. I think the end of season 5 arc with Rick acting crazy and the whole Jessie kiss on the cheek thing - was all him being out of character - SEVERELY out of character. I believe he was going after Jessie because she reminded him of Lori. That and she was someone who needed his help and I think Rick loves to be a hero.

So that whole Jessie thing happens and then Michonne knocks Rick out during his crazy person speech and in the season finale we have Rick confessing to Michonne about the guns and his takeover plan and Michonne telling Rick that "She's still with him." Then Rick goes to that meeting and tells the people that he'll show them how to survive, Jessie tells Rick they shouldn't be seen together, yada yada yada...

So at that point, to me, it seemed like the writers wrapped up the "Crazy Rick Who Goes After Married Woman and Wants To Takeover Alexandria" arc. He's back to normal now. He's back to being on the same wavelength with Michonne. Season 6 starts, we see him worrying about his family. He even tells Michonne and Glenn in so many words that he really only cares about them getting back to ASZ.

In the RV when he's attacked by the Wolves and he kills them, he see's a jar of baby food in one of their pockets and he has this moment where he freaks out because he knows that ASZ has been there and he's worried and panicking.

Then all of a sudden, he get's back to ASZ and he gives this speech. He doesn't even acknowledge that Michonne was back ok. Doesn't even really say anything about Glenn (the guy who went out of his way to save his ass back in season 1) missing. Remember, this is the same guy who went back to Atlanta to save a racist ahole RIGHT after finding his wife and son.

And then then in his next seen he's making out with Jessie in her garage?????

No, let me check on Judith and Carl.
No, let me go with Maggie to find Glenn.
No, I'm rattled let me seek comfort from the woman who has actually been by my side and protected my kids and has ACTUALLY saved my life before.

Nope. Let me go find Jessie. The woman whose husband I killed and whose son wants to murder both me and my son.

Psssh.... That is a total Shane move. And I'm pissed about it.

Rest now, Bowie

Last edited by AlyssaHP88; 11-09-2015 at 12:58 PM
Old 11-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I was expecting to hear Rick yell "CORALLLL!!" last night, but alas, it didn't happen. A bit bummed about that.

I do wish we could have actually seen Rick with Carl/Judith, especially since in episode 3 he seemed so distraught when he found the baby food.

He was going to check on Carl but stopped to help Ron shoot instead
Spoiler:

Yeah, I do think Ron is playing Rick, but at the same time, I can see Rick thinking that Ron just wants to protect himself and his family. Rick knows these people are weak, so he would want to help them get stronger. And yes, he cares about Jessie, so I'm sure he would want her son to be able to help protect her.

As for Rick not mentioning Glenn,he did mention him. He told Ron that they were keeping an eye out for Glenn and the others. And later, he told Jessie he didn't want her burying those bodies because of Glenn and Daryl and Abraham and Sasha.

While I don't think they're slaughtering Rick's character, I do think he should be a little more focused on his family.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)
I was expecting to hear Rick yell "CORALLLL!!" last night, but alas, it didn't happen. A bit bummed about that.

I do wish we could have actually seen Rick with Carl/Judith, especially since in episode 3 he seemed so distraught when he found the baby food.

He was going to check on Carl but stopped to help Ron shoot instead
Spoiler:

Yeah, I do think Ron is playing Rick, but at the same time, I can see Rick thinking that Ron just wants to protect himself and his family. Rick knows these people are weak, so he would want to help them get stronger. And yes, he cares about Jessie, so I'm sure he would want her son to be able to help protect her.

As for Rick not mentioning Glenn,he did mention him. He told Ron that they were keeping an eye out for Glenn and the others. And later, he told Jessie he didn't want her burying those bodies because of Glenn and Daryl and Abraham and Sasha.

While I don't think they're slaughtering Rick's character, I do think he should be a little more focused on his family.
And I think if Rick was in the right mind frame, he be able to see clearly that Ron really doesn't want some one on one lessons with the man who killed his father. Ron made it pretty obvious to Rick previously that he wasn't too fond of him.

And yes, Rick did mention Glenn. But it felt so fleeting. I guess I was just expecting more considering the relationship he has or had with Glenn. I felt like, based on who Rick has been for the last 4 to 5 season, we would have seen a little more emotion, or he would have tried to find him, or he would have went and had a moment with Maggie - reassuring her instead of making out with Jessie in her garage.

It just isn't progression that I see here. It's regression. I feel like this episode contradicted some of the scenes that we saw in Conquer. And completely contradicts Rick seasons 1 through 4 (and 5A).

Rest now, Bowie