Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2018, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, maybe Amanda had other commitments during the filming of those episodes?
Old 09-01-2018, 08:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)

Donna's concern for her reputation first became evident last season when Malik accused her of using her relationship with Harvey to land the COO position. Donna reacted defensively, with anger. She must be aware that if Malik thinks that, others both outside and inside the firm might be thinking the same. (In retrospect, that may also be why she once told Rachel she never would've slept with Harvey had they been working together at the time.) And, in this episode, her reaction to Harvey thoughtlessly blurting out that she was in her position because he'd put her there just underscored those fears.

According to Gina Torres, the spin-off begins filming in three weeks, and there is no official title--Suits:Second City is only a working title.
IA- it’s there, but it is a tiny part of Donna’s character. And it gets lost in her telling everyone else what to do and being right. It doesn’t get hi- lighted.

Part of the problem I think is the show and I think SR wanted Donna to be a powerful women. So they had Donna ask for and get what she wanted literally overnight. No one else catapulted to the top overnight like that. Donna’s not the only one trying to sell she earned it. The show is imo. So she has to manage and at times over manage everyone now. She needs something to do to show she earned it and people skills is what she has more than anything.. It’s the main way to show she’s a powerful woman.

Looking back- Harvey has been a highly successful lawyer for a long time making deals with people he didn’t like. I rather doubt he really needed Donna’s form of help regarding David Fox.

While IA what Harvey said was thoughtless, truthfully, he did put her there to a large extent. People don’t go from secretary to COO overnight. People climb the ladder. Donna got what she asked for, and she has done a lot for the firm and was rewarded, but she leapfrogged to the top, taking advantage of the brief time Harvey was MP. It is what it is. And, by her own admission, she doesn’t do what a typical COO does. So, realistically, who else would have done it.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Regarding Donna as COO, I keep forgetting about that. I never really liked how the show just casually leapfrogged that position to Donna. In the real world, that's not gonna fly. But this is TV so okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
Now that Amanda Schull is a regular, her first professional priority is Suits, which is why her absence from three episodes is a little puzzling.
Exactly. KH has been in every ep so far and she is a regular cast.

Quote:
According to Gina Torres, the spin-off begins filming in three weeks, and there is no official title--Suits:Second City is only a working title.
Interesting. I wonder what they will call the show. I'll end up watching it though because Gina Torres.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Same, I think Donna should have gotten another position other than COO.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:43 AM
New Fan

I think it would have worked for me IF the handling of Donna’s role had been the way the Suits World worked. But it wasn’t. The other characters have job titles that fit what they do and what they’re qualified for based on education, skills, and work experience. We also see them moving up the ladder one step at a time. No one zoomed from Associate to Sr Partner in a day.

Even now- we have Katrina working her way from Jr Partner to Sr Partner. Sam and Alex are working from Sr Partner to Name. It’s the whole history of the show- past and present.

Donna sticks out in a major way. It screams- they wanted her to be a power player. So they forced it. The only thing I’ll give them is- at least they’re not trying to say Donna does the real work of a COO. That would be laughable. OTOH- giving her a title for a job she doesn’t do and a title she didn’t really earn isn’t that great either. They just slapped her with an important title.

Donna earned A PROMOTION. She didn’t earn that one. Repeatedly saying she did really annoys me.

Regarding Katrina, I do worry they haven’t figured out exactly what to do with her. She’s not been in 3 episodes. And her scenes are primarily with Louis and Brian, rather letting her mix it up. She’s a Jr Partner. She could mix it up more. Especially since she’s looking for a promotion. I love her scenes with Louis and Brian, but I do think they’ve isolated her a bit. She’s a great character. Use her. Let us get to know her better.

Last edited by Erin9; 09-02-2018 at 08:34 PM
Old 09-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

zzz the episode was boring.

No katrina is no bueno for me. She's one of the more interesting parts of the season imo.

Im so over the louis and sheila drama. Can we recycle this SL please? its getting so old and repetitive.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 (View Post)
I think it would have worked for me IF the handling of Donna’s role had been the way the Suits World worked. But it wasn’t. The other characters have job titles that fit what they do and what they’re qualified for based on education, skills, and work experience. We also see them moving up the ladder one step at a time. No one zoomed from Associate to Sr Partner in a day.
What promotion would have been more realistic for Donna in your eyes?
Old 09-02-2018, 11:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Donna earned A PROMOTION. She didn’t earn that one. Repeatedly saying she did really annoys me.

Regarding Katrina, I do worry they haven’t figured out exactly what to do with her. She’s not been in 3 episodes. And her scenes are primarily with Louis and Brian, rather letting her mix it up. She’s a Jr Partner. She could mix it up more. Especially since she’s looking for a promotion. I love her scenes with Louis and Brian, but I do think they’ve isolated her a bit. She’s a great character. Use her. Let us get to know her better.
All of this. When it's not mentioned that Donna is COO, it's fine but when it's brought up, I get annoyed by it too.

And also since Amanda is a series regular, I was expecting Katrina to interact with the others more the way Samantha is interacting with everyone? And like you said, she's gunning for Senior Partner so she should be a out there doing more.

Gina has finally joined IG. I wonder who convinced her? (It would also help to promote her upcoming TV show if that's how she chooses to use her social media.)

Quote:
Dear Friends, please help me welcome my sister, @iamginatorres to the warm and fuzzy world of social media. And please swipe to see why I am having the last laugh. Love you Gina, excited to play. Xoxox PS. Don’t forget to congratulate her on her Imagen award for Best Supporting Actress.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a nice photo of the two of them
Old 09-03-2018, 06:27 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What promotion would have been more realistic for Donna in your eyes?
Head of HR might have been okay. Harvey suggested that, which she rejected. It wasn’t good enough for her. At least that involves handling people, which is Donna’s primary skill. COO just makes no sense for her.

What would have been the smart and truly realistic thing for the show to do is have Donna decide several seasons earlier that she wanted more, decide what she wanted to do, and work towards that.....instead of what the show actually did. Then- I could have really respected her as a powerful woman, which was the goal. Instead, how I feel varies depending on what she says and does in a given episode. I don’t have that problem with anyone else because their roles really fit. .

Last edited by Erin9; 09-03-2018 at 06:33 AM
Old 09-03-2018, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Head of HR might have been okay. Harvey suggested that, which she rejected. It wasn’t good enough for her. At least that involves handling people, which is Donna’s primary skill. COO just makes no sense for her.

What would have been the smart and truly realistic thing for the show to do is have Donna decide several seasons earlier that she wanted more, decide what she wanted to do, and work towards that.....instead of what the show actually did. Then- I could have really respected her as a powerful woman, which was the goal. Instead, how I feel varies depending on what she says and does in a given episode. I don’t have that problem with anyone else because their roles really fit. .
That definitely would have been a better role for her.

Same here, it's just feels forced now.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:34 PM
New Fan

I liked this episode better than last week. But- no Katrina. Again.

It was nice to see Louis grow, but I was pretty bored honestly. The actor who played young Louis really nailed the part though. Very impressive. I’m so tired of this drawn out drama of S/L trying to have a kid, and she isn’t pregnant yet. Have a kid, don’t have a kid- but I’d love it if less airtime were devoted to this.

Gretchen got a story!!! Yea! She deserves it. She’s a great character, and deserves some attention. She finally made a mistake though. While Alex and the client were both justifiabley mad, I love that Alex never considered firing her. Not sure it is really his call, but I liked the sentiment. I loved Donna talking Gretchen out of retiring. Great scene there. Much as I love Gretchen as one of the voices of reason and always with it, I do like seeing her be human too.

Clients call Donna when they get re-scheduled? Did I hear that? The COO? Huh? I guess that’s where the rest of her time goes.lol

I think this was Sam’s best episode so far. I liked her and Harvey working together. They got to know each other better and grew closer by the end. Well done. They are a lot alike. IIRC- Sam starts the episode telling Harvey she’ll do whatever she wants regardless of what he says. By the end- she winds up having to bite the bullet and doing what he orders. Which she needed to do. I liked Harvey’s parting advice to her- if she buries evidence again, make sure there are no Betty’s. It was nice of him to bring up a time he lost as consolation to her. He knows it sucks. Two Mike Ross mentions in about the last 5 minutes; I haven’t decided if it was overkill or not.

I did think it was interesting that Sam was surprised Donna told Harvey that Sam was obviously about to do something foolish- and bad for the firm- by going to Florida. He didn’t guess exactly right, but close. He was right about it being very serious anyway. One of those: did the wrong thing for the right reason.....

Over all, I liked it, aside from being a bit bored with Louis. And really - why make Katrina a regular if they won’t use her? I don’t get this.

Last edited by Erin9; 09-06-2018 at 05:27 AM
Old 09-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's weird that Katrina has missed another episode considering she's regular and all
Old 09-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

are they still doing 11 and 11 episdoes?

I hate that katrina missed again.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sure actually
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top