Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just finished the episode and all I have to say is LOL.
Monk the Empire cracked me up so much. BALL.......NO STRIKE........NO BALL. Then when he kid come up to bat and slips. LOL. I wish I had the brains that monk has. I love when the guy walks upto Monk and says "Excuse me, someone said you didn't have a kid in this game. And then Monk stands up and says "Ok, I'll leave." [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I can't wait till next week when he goes to the circus.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 07-12-2003, 02:25 AM
Addicted Fan

i found it funny when he signals to the kid to fix his hat so it's straight on his head. also, the "you'll say 'oh my god' twice" cracked me up.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'd been meaning to watch this show for the longest time, but I always forgot. But, last night I caught it, and I think it is the funniest show. I just love it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Cotton Candy

I haven't seen any of the Season 2 episodes yet, but I really want to. I can never watch them on Friday nights, so I have to remember to watch the episodes on another night that they air it. The latest episode sounds really good.

beautifulgarbage-Welcome to the thread! Isn't Monk the best?

Old 07-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love this show. Last nights episode was great. I love how smart Monk, plus to see him in the outside baseball enviroment cracked me up.
My LJ
Old 07-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Cotton Candy

RainStorm-It sounds really good.

beautifulgarbage-OMG! I love your avatar! Did you make it? I'd love to snag it if you don't mind...

Old 07-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Friday's episode was both funny and sweet. Something this show does extremely well. Monk the umpire! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Poor Monk, he just couldn't get that base clean enough and the way he kept changing his calls. I'm surprised parents didn't go for his head. Also, I have to say that Stottlemeyer was cheating. His kid was too old. [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] The mystery on the other hand, I'm not sure I liked. It seemed way too farfetched. I'm going to watch it again. Maybe on second viewing, I'll see something different.

-- Butterflies and Hurricanes ~ Muse
Old 07-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Cotton Candy

Yeah, a lot of the mysteries are far-fetched, but they're very interesting and well drawn out. After all, it is tv and as TV Guide once said, most of us are more interested in the man who's solving the crime than the crime itself, right? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

That's what I love about this show. It's centered around this great character and you get a weekly mystery as a side bonus.

Old 07-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, the mysteries on this show are definately unusual, but I just didn't like it this week. Wouldn't it have been easier to kill the baseball player. Then, the price of the baseball would have skyrocketed. Or was there another reason why he wanted the woman dead?

-- Butterflies and Hurricanes ~ Muse
Old 07-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Cotton Candy

Well, I might agree with you if I had actually seen the episode. I hope to catch it when they repeat it this week. Then I'll you know [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Monk rules. [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Cotton Candy

Lumier-Welcome to the Monk thread! I hope to see you posting here more often [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love your FF handle by the way.

Old 07-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
posted by doogie:Yeah, the mysteries on this show are definately unusual, but I just didn't like it this week. Wouldn't it have been easier to kill the baseball player. Then, the price of the baseball would have skyrocketed. Or was there another reason why he wanted the woman dead?
I think he tried going after the baseball player when he tried ( miserably I must add) to attack him with a baseball bat. I think he thought it would be easier to through him off emotionally now that the ball player had guards.

Just love this show so much. Go monk. Cant wait till he goes to the circus.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 07-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Cotton Candy

I'll finally be able to see the newest episode tonight! I can't wait!

Old 07-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Cotton Candy

I got to see the new episode at last! It was my first Season 2 episode too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I loved it! It's still clever, quirky and well-written. It hasn't lost its touch!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top