Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise;54879601.
I loved the use of "Don't Rain on my Parade", too. Set the scene perfectly.
it was a great choice for that scene.

Did anyone else love the moment when Jackie was tempted to steal the other mother's pill?
messy_redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I did. But what do you think was behind that? I mean, she's refusing to seek help or admit her wrongdoings. So was that scene a way of saying, basically, she has the potential to stop? Has she gained more control of her life? It was an interesting note to end the episode on.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, the way I saw it, normally Jackie won't let anyone stand between her and a dose ( I mean, we've seen her stealing drugs from patients!). But after what happened, she is finally starting to realize that the way she uses people is not without consequences and that Kevin and O'Hara have actually been hurt...the woman looked like she was really in need of her pill, so for once she put another person ahead of her needs.
I loved the moral ambiguity of the scene, because letting her have the drugs (which is objectively not good for her) was Jackie's attempt to behave better, but then she added a "this stuff will kill you" (which is objectively a good advice) because she resented the woman a little for it...
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by messy_redhead (View Post)
Well, the way I saw it, normally Jackie won't let anyone stand between her and a dose ( I mean, we've seen her stealing drugs from patients!). But after what happened, she is finally starting to realize that the way she uses people is not without consequences and that Kevin and O'Hara have actually been hurt...the woman looked like she was really in need of her pill, so for once she put another person ahead of her needs.
I loved the moral ambiguity of the scene, because letting her have the drugs (which is objectively not good for her) was Jackie's attempt to behave better, but then she added a "this stuff will kill you" (which is objectively a good advice) because she resented the woman a little for it...
Very well said.

Can't wait for tonight.

kenny | credit
Old 04-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Loyal Fan

so...what did you guys think of Jackie's all-purposes " I'll find you in 24 hours" speech?

Kevin doesn't seem all that convinced to me...as for O'Hara, I already see her cracking...

I don't think I understand Eddie. Saying loads of crap about how he ended up working where he actually does makes him feel less guilty than just NOT saying where he works? That was the one thing he wasn't lying in Kevin's face about! Honestly, I'm starting to find him useless...I really like the actor who plays him (aka Father Phil), but the character should've stayed in that pharmacy where he was working in s2 and been written off imho...

Could Cooper be more of an idiot? My thoughts on Sam are more on the shallow side

Akalitus fangirling Michelle Obama was too cute!

Zoey was awesome as usual! Stealing all those gloves (and wanting a fistbump by Jackie! ), opening the window so the patient could feel sun on his skin, telling Coop to shut up...

Last edited by messy_redhead; 04-06-2011 at 03:30 PM
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Loyal Fan

So...how are you guys liking this season? I find myself loving the characters and humor but nor being sure about what they're doing with the plot....like, does Tunie have a purpose? Why is she around?
Do you think they coul do Eddie/O'Hara? I'm conflicted because I don't like Eddie but the actor is really good, so maybe in a decent plot I could enjoy him?
Zoey and Lenny are adorable...shipping them so much
Sam is very pretty to look at, but they should also do something with him...
Jackie's sponsor/dealer creeps me out and I don't think Kevin believes her
Old 06-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm slowly starting to fall in love with this show again. the past couple of eps have been fantastic, especially last nights. i'm really glad it got another season too. my only real complaint is that i wish jackie would fight harder for sobriety. also, i'm pretty sure what kevin has to say isn't regarding jackie and eddie. whoops.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the finale was SO GOOD! omg. although, jackie better slow her roll. and aces to gloria for throwing out her piss test!! ha. the only thing i wanted to see more of was zoey and the hot cop. woo. but how cute was eddie and coop? aww!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
the finale was SO GOOD! omg. although, jackie better slow her roll. and aces to gloria for throwing out her piss test!! ha. the only thing i wanted to see more of was zoey and the hot cop. woo. but how cute was eddie and coop? aww!
Me too. I wanted to see him come back. I think next season. Seems her and Lenny are on the outs. Eddie and Coop was cute. And wow, did you see that coming - the reveal with Kevin?! Like, wow. I was stunned. I gasped - loudly.

kenny | credit
Old 06-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

no, cause i knew kevin was going to say that all along. lol. he just kept looking so guilty throughout. plus, the writers have to keep jackie's secrets going somehow, i guess. i was more pissed at jackie for blatantly telling kevin to bounce. OHRLY? you are not a saint, don't even play. i sort of hate that though. kevin is or was a standup guy whom took all of jackie's crap in stride, yet now the writers want to make him the villain? sorry, not gonna fly w/ me. and i hate infidelity, but considering jackie is so fcked up, she should be thanking her lucky stars her once secret double life is still under wraps. whatever. and yes, i want the cop to reappear next season too! hee. i'm pretty happy with how this season went. sho knows where it's at.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

he did look guilty. i hope that's not the end of him, though. but i wonder, she doesn't have to lie anymore. it's like, she's totally off the hook. and this new guy is like, able to control and manage being an addict, and since jackie has gone a bit off the rails, he's going to help her control it, i assume. i love that akalidas threw out jackie's urine. so typical.

kenny | credit
Old 07-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Loyal Fan

http://****yeahediefalco.tumblr.com/

Yay, Emmy nod for Edie Falco!
(tough I wish the supporting cast got some recognition too, especially Eve Best and Merritt Weaver!)

...I realize I'm the only one who didn't comment the finale ..well, personally I find it more interesting to see if Jackie can actually quit drugs with O'Hara's help than to see if she and Kevin get back together Also the last episodes were terrific and I hope Kelly is a regular next season
Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 08-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Supreme Fan

I've finally been able to catch up with the last episodes of NJ and ...wow! I didn't expect that kind of turn of events.
This season had its ups and downs but overall I really enjoyed it. And now I'm curious to see what happens next.

I LOVED this scene so much. My fave moment of the finale. Peraphs of the ENTIRE series.
dreamer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Zoey will never not be hilarious!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top