Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i was surprised at the recent golden globes and SAg award nominations that Mandy Patinkin didn't get any nominations . glad Claire got hers as well as Damian Lewis .

as the 24 mod and huge fan of 24 this show creators and writers producers came from 24 .but Gordon howard gordon wanted it not to mirror 24 but surprise people like at the finale not have Brody kill all executive branch of Us government wiping out 30 of the top people in power except the President .Thus also as it all looked like Brody was to Martyr himself .

I was thinking when the vest didn't go off the daughter had found it tampered with it . Gordon said when casting ,the young actress stood out amongst all the others as far a depth and understanding what they where looking for .

I posted on YT great interview from CNN with claire danes ...

Old 01-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

^ I agree, Mandy Patinkin was totally robbed!!!

kenny | credit
Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

most people don't like mandy, if you want to know the truth.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

dkt. heh.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Well, I think that the acting is really good in this series, so they deserve these nominations.

As for Brody not killing himself, I know that there are people who wanted this to happen and I probably would want the same if Damian Lewis wasn't the actor that gave her life for Brody. I just think this actor is underrated. I really like his performance in this series and I'm glad that they decided to have him in Season 2. Well, not that we know for how long, but he plays terrorist really well .

Claire Danes plays her role as bipolar really well and really realistic too. As strange as it sounds, most bipolar people act this way.

As for Mandy, maybe he wasn't nominated because of his role. After all he's amongst the supporting cast in Homeland. At least so far it seems that way. Brody and Carie are the main ones for now. I agree though that he's good actor too, he just hasn't that many chances to stand out in Homeland, the way he was in Criminal minds for example.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

When I first saw some sneak peeks for the Homeland series premiere, I thought I had seen Mandy in something before, but when I looked at his filmography there was nothing that stood out to me. I do love him on this show, though. Saul is my favourite character. I find him incredibly lovable and would be very angry if the writers would ever turn him into a bad guy.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

Actually so far I have no favorite character in this show, because almost all of them have some weakness, but that's the reason I like this it .

The characters are far more realistic with their flaws. I agree though, I don't wanna Saul to be the mole and the bad guy, but if the actor can play this role fine, then I wouldn't mind. I seriously watch these series because of the acting performance. The story might've been better, but the acting (even the supporting cast) is a real pleasure to watch.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Homeland has won the Golden Golden for 'Best Drama Series' and Claire Danes for 'Best Drama Actress'. Congrats to the cast and crew.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

I am starting to watch the show, iam on episode 4
I've nerver seen Danes on tv, she is perfect
the show is so good
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Enjoy watching, Judith.

SO happy that Homeland won Best Actress & Drama. That is definitely giving them Emmy chances.

kenny | credit
Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Yep, Congratulations on all of them. Although I kinda wanted Damian to win, but at least he got a nomination. I watch this series mainly because of him.

I've never seen Danes on TV too and although she's really good, I'm more fascinated in Brody's character, than in Carrie.

Anyway the show is one of the better for the last few years and I hope that they'll not disappoint us in Season 2.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I did, too. Especially to Kelsey. Not that I can say anything, I've never seen 'Boss'

kenny | credit
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Well, I haven't seen Boss too, so I can't tell for sure that his win wasn't fair. I'm just saying that I really enjoy Lewis' acting. He can tell a lot without even actual words.

It's not that easy to portray POW with PSTD, terrorist with doubts, Muslim that tries to reconnect with his family. I'm even pretty sure that if we mention all the things he did in the season, most women would hate that character - drinking, cheating, intention to kill the VP and other people using suicidal mission. Yet, I prefer to watch him in Season 2, because somehow he has some motives and they're not 'I'm just in the mood to kill people'. Not that I'm saying that Brody is right.

Last edited by secretk; 01-18-2012 at 01:21 AM
Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

The show is so perfectly written and acted

Saul is the voice of reason, i fell sorry for him about his wife

I hate Brody&Carrie nonsense

i love carrie&saul relationship. Carrie really needs help

Jessica could be much more interesting if she leaves Brody's ass