Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skje (View Post)
The show is so perfectly written and acted

Saul is the voice of reason, i fell sorry for him about his wife

I hate Brody&Carrie nonsense

i love carrie&saul relationship. Carrie really needs help

Jessica could be much more interesting if she leaves Brody's ass
That post could have been written by me. I Saul/Carrie. I think they have the most interesting relationship on the show. Unfortunately, I think Jessica's character has been put on the backburner in favor of the Brody/Carrie relationship and I think that's a real shame because I was very much looking forward to see her personal struggles regarding Mike & Brody and it made for a much more believable storyline than the Brody/Carrie stuff as well IMO.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Hi! I just got into this show after Claire and the show won at the GGs... It's sooooooooo good! Well, TBH, the pacing leaves something to be desired - not a fan of slow-pacing... but the action and twists really make up for it!

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think Jessica's character has been put on the backburner in favor of the Brody/Carrie relationship and I think that's a real shame because I was very much looking forward to see her personal struggles regarding Mike & Brody and it made for a much more believable storyline than the Brody/Carrie stuff as well IMO.
I agree with this so much. The love triangle had so much promise.

And yes! I ADORE Carrie and Saul! I think that even though Carrie still has her dad, Saul was the one to give her true guidance, something her father unfortunately wasn't able to do since he also has bi-polar
Old 07-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

time for a bump Homeland returns in just over 2 months September 30 2012

Just in time for Comic Con Showtime doing a lot of funny posters

Just as they finish up Season 3 filming claire danes announced she pregnent with her first child !! Baaed on timing and they have been filming about 2 months ,will not be a aprt of any storyline
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Showtime has released a 3 minute preview for the second season of Homeland:

Homeland - Season 2 - Behind the Scenes - 3 Minute Featurette [VIDEO] (Spoilers)

I can't wait for this show to return.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very good premiere ! Love that Carrie has been brought back in to go to the Middle East. Because Saul is being watched she had to ditch the tag. She looks to be back depsite her recent mental breakdown.
Brody oops his wife and daughter know the Muslim faith he practices
I was surprised, he was thrown back into getting CIA secrets .
Previews for the upcoming Episodes look fantastic.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Addicted Fan

reasonable show, but lots of sulkers out there are saying that it shouldnt have beaten the likes of Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire at the Emmys
Old 10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the season premiere. As much as I love crazy!Carrie, I thought it was refreshing to see her in a healthy place for half an episode. Unfortunately for her, I think it's only a matter of time until she will spiral out of control again. It looks like Morena might be getting more to do on the show this season and Zuleikha Robinson seems to be in for a good guest spot as well. I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming episodes.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Homeland is featured in the current issue of The Hollywood Reporter. Here's a link to the article.

And the pics:

Source

Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that!

I really loved the season premiere. Did it say though how long it's been since the events of the finale and 2x01?

And why does Carrie still remember stuff? I thought she wouldn't remember anything from that electric shock thing?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterboyz (View Post)
I really loved the season premiere. Did it say though how long it's been since the events of the finale and 2x01?
No, but I think the producers said that it's been 6 months.

Quote:
And why does Carrie still remember stuff? I thought she wouldn't remember anything from that electric shock thing?
I think the only things Carrie doesn't remember are the negative aspects to her relationship with Brody (e.g. that he blurted Issa out in his sleep and betrayed her to the CIA). It's all very contrived.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

I think this season will be great for Jessica and Morena
Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

I thought the second episode was another great outing, but I do think the writing is becoming more and more contrived to justify Brody's role on the show (e.g. the whole sequence where Brody sent an SMS to one of Nazir's men, Brody's tape ending up in one of the bags of the Hisbollah commander etc.). The cliffhanger was great though. Hopefully, Saul will tell Carrie about the tape and not keep the truth from her for some reason.

Quote:
I think this season will be great for Jessica and Morena
Jessica/Morena is finally getting some stuff to do. That's nice to see.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

loving more and more Dana. I am feeling so sorry for Carrie.
The show has to get rid off Brody at one point.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
loving more and more Dana.
Agreed. I found her quite annoying last season, but she has grown on me.

Quote:
The show has to get rid off Brody at one point.
I think so too. I love Damian Lewis and he is amazing as Brody, but the character has to go sooner rather than later. Otherwise, the show will eventually lose itself in all the contrivances it has to cook up to keep him around.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I thought the second episode was another great outing, but I do think the writing is becoming more and more contrived to justify Brody's role on the show (e.g. the whole sequence where Brody sent an SMS to one of Nazir's men, Brody's tape ending up in one of the bags of the Hisbollah commander etc.). The cliffhanger was great though. Hopefully, Saul will tell Carrie about the tape and not keep the truth from her for some reason.

Jessica/Morena is finally getting some stuff to do. That's nice to see.
ITA

The scene where Carrie goes back and is chased gave me conniption, I can't even. I was literally screaming at her and cussing her out, it's laughable now that I think about it, but at the time I was tearing my hair out! That was a great moment! And Saul's reaction was my reaction too

Going back to the show becoming more contrived - I want Brody to be killed off by the end of this season too (I think someone else brought it up before). It's like in The Killing - they set up everything in s1 and then revealed who the killer was in s2. Same thing should happen here. Either he dies or he gets arrested or whatever. He can't keep dodging bullets for another season. And it's a little insulting as an American to know that if this had been real life, that someone who's infiltrated a high-level security such as the U.S. government can get away with the things Brody's gotten away with so far.

I mean, like in the Situation Room, you would think that they didn't allow phones in a place like that! Sensitive, confidential stuff is being shown/discussed there and everybody's got a way to record it or whatever? Sheesh.