Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2017, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I pretend that Dan I sent Gg cause it makes no sense but I agree that it was a blog that people could have ignored
Old 01-31-2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
I love Serena so much but I hate her ending especially career wise...
I always loved Serena, I just didn't like how they made her change as the series progressed.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Serena has this potential to be a great character but the writers did not utilize her skills and keeps on going to her past mistakes. In s1, she was slowly trying to get better then as the seasons go by it really felt like she didn't made progress at all.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I had never watched this show
Just got Netflix, so started watching today
Old 01-31-2017, 10:55 AM
Passionate Fan

i hope you'll enjoy it!!! feel free to post your thoughts here!
Old 01-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Serena has this potential to be a great character but the writers did not utilize her skills and keeps on going to her past mistakes. In s1, she was slowly trying to get better then as the seasons go by it really felt like she didn't made progress at all.
Like? This was a girl traumatized by parental neglect. That doesn't get magically fixed. My only beef with her characterization is how she ended up with no career. Well that and how she let Blair treat her.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Like? This was a girl traumatized by parental neglect. That doesn't get magically fixed. My only beef with her characterization is how she ended up with no career. Well that and how she let Blair treat her.
Absolutely agree that her parents had an enormous effect on her, as we spoke about earlier! i think it should've been touched on far more deeply, especially her relationship with lily. And a lot of people tend to dismiss her perspective as well, especially later on, largely because it wasn't written well but also because even when it was presented, a lot of people didn't give her the space to screw up and make mistakes. Or understand why she was acting out etc. Which saddens me a lot, because Ill always love her just as I love Blair - they're SO different, but they have such stark characteristics and insecurities that really interest me. And yeah, I agree that at the end she definitely should have been allowed to express her feelings to Blair in regards to how she treated her, as well as dan and Nate, they all hurt her (to different levels) in season 5. I just wish that instead of the awful disaster of Steven in season 6, they spent time exploring her feelings and the fallout instead of sticking her with another useless guest star
Old 01-31-2017, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Absolutely agree that her parents had an enormous effect on her, as we spoke about earlier! i think it should've been touched on far more deeply, especially her relationship with lily. And a lot of people tend to dismiss her perspective as well, especially later on, largely because it wasn't written well but also because even when it was presented, a lot of people didn't give her the space to screw up and make mistakes. Or understand why she was acting out etc. Which saddens me a lot, because Ill always love her just as I love Blair - they're SO different, but they have such stark characteristics and insecurities that really interest me. And yeah, I agree that at the end she definitely should have been allowed to express her feelings to Blair in regards to how she treated her, as well as dan and Nate, they all hurt her (to different levels) in season 5. I just wish that instead of the awful disaster of Steven in season 6, they spent time exploring her feelings and the fallout instead of sticking her with another useless guest star
I agree. I feel like she was only allowed to be mad at San-- deservedly so-- but the writers wrote from blair's pov and largely ignored how badly Blair treated her friend.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it and share with us
Old 01-31-2017, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the welcome

I had only seen a episode or two here and there. Don't even know from what seasons. But I remembered that from the episodes I did see, I liked Chuck. Man, am I not liking that guy now

Also I had no idea that Declan from Revenge was in this show
Old 01-31-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
It's on your Netflix? I have Canadian Netflix and it's not t here anymore!

I only got to watch Season 1.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I agree. I feel like she was only allowed to be mad at San-- deservedly so-- but the writers wrote from blair's pov and largely ignored how badly Blair treated her friend.
Yeah and that was my biggest issue with the end of the show - not resolving that friendship to the level it deserved and especially not allowing Serena a voice. i don't get why they couldn't have Blair just apologise to her. Serena would've forgiven her, and we would've gotten some insight into both their feelings. Argh. And she was angry at Dan but instead of seeing a really intense emotional DS scene, they have Serena screw up up again instead to shift sympathies and instigate dans 'revenge' storyline yet another way season 6 is just such wasted potential lol.. I mean rufus and ivy? Seriously show you had 10 episodes and you give us THAT?

Quote:
Cool definitely post your thoughts, be interesting to get a fresh take on the show!
Old 01-31-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

So much wasted potential in all the stories in s6. Everything was just odd and badly done for a final season. I loved the finale and a few sparse moments in the back half of season six but basically I found most of the last two seasons dissatisfying.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

new thread time!
Old 02-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f40/gossip-g.../#post89061585
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top