Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't even have access to it in the beginning We got PBS so we could watch it
Old 07-01-2015, 11:11 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I will watch this but I'll watch Wolf Hall first.

That's good to know. I know some people (elsewhere) just want the show to end.

BTS under the cut. It's not really spoilerish but I'll tag it anyway.

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Carrie, I've started watching the first ep of Wolf Hall yesterday. Tbh, I really like Mark Rylance more than Jonathan Pryce & Damian Lewis on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield_Scribe (View Post)
I didn't even have access to it in the beginning We got PBS so we could watch it
Careful of spoilers here then come September when it comes back on ITV.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Oh believe me I know Probably won't see me in here until I can see them I might order the UK DVD, then I'll get it the earliest possible... Bless you, region free player
Old 07-02-2015, 06:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Carrie, I despise Damian Lewis cause he was so nasty in Forsyte Saga. I know it was acting but I can't get past it. He was on some tv show in the States too as I saw some ad for it a couple of years back but I didn't watch it. A cop show perhaps?

Well dark or not, that new Poldark program is more romantic than the old one so give it a shot. Youtube has some of the clips and if you are in the U.S. check pbs Sun. eve.

I never thought Matthew's and Mary's romance seemed super passionate.

Lindsay, thanks for the clue on the tech. prob.

Last edited by mrs. g; 07-02-2015 at 06:55 AM
Old 07-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Did someone of you watch "The Crimson Field"? It was (or is?) on PBS right now. I loved it and was sad that it didn't get renewed for another season.
Kevin Doyle (Mr. Molesley) is in it and he is a very sympathetic character. Great actor!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Carrie, I've started watching the first ep of Wolf Hall yesterday. Tbh, I really like Mark Rylance more than Jonathan Pryce & Damian Lewis on this one.

Careful of spoilers here then come September when it comes back on ITV.

[TWEET]616166432225775617[/TWEET]
Mark Rylance is very good I agree Lindsay, and I like Claire Foy, check her out in Little Dorrit, I've got that on dvd. one the best Dickens adaptations I've seen.

I didn't know Downton was coming back as early as September, good to know, I won't reveal anything, promise.

Matthew and Mary probably weren't the most passionate couple I agree Mrs G., but it was fun waiting patiently for them to get together.....eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorra (View Post)
Did someone of you watch "The Crimson Field"? It was (or is?) on PBS right now. I loved it and was sad that it didn't get renewed for another season.
Kevin Doyle (Mr. Molesley) is in it and he is a very sympathetic character. Great actor!
Haven't see that Andorra, but I like how Kevin has turned Moseley into one of the best characters downstairs, as you say, he's a good actor.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Moonie, you should get the DVDs so you can re-watch the eps anytime.

Carrie, alright I'll check that out. Thanks for the rec. If you have more, let me know. I love period drama.

Some more BTS here:

And other news:

Joanne at Wimbledon

Old 07-03-2015, 06:20 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Moonie, you should get the DVDs so you can re-watch the eps anytime.

Carrie, alright I'll check that out. Thanks for the rec. If you have more, let me know. I love period drama.

Some more BTS here:

And other news:

Joanne at Wimbledon

http://41.media.tumblr.com/b8edd6c46...y6pno1_500.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI7wEuaUEAEescY.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI7wEreUsAAbTq8.jpg

[YT]X9JM0bywbmE[/YT]

[TWEET]615913165847662592[/TWEET]
[TWEET]616682779628036096[/TWEET]
[TWEET]615866937013309440[/TWEET]
Thanks.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the pics of Joanne at Wimbledon, she looks lovely as always, and all lovey dovey with her hubby too. and thanks for the BTS link, sworn to secrecy here.

That was a touching video about Rosie's Rainbow Fund, nice to see Joanne supporting it, that little girl has left an amazing legacy.

I love a good period drama too, I've got a few on dvd, Wives and Daughters, North and South, Pride and Prejudice and Our Mutual Friend is another good Dickens adaption, you might have seen some of those already Lindsay, always worth watching again though.
There's quite a few to choose from....... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Our-Mutual-F.../dp/B00005KB4G

Last edited by carrie.suze; 07-03-2015 at 09:56 AM
Old 07-03-2015, 11:09 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Thanks for the pics of Joanne at Wimbledon, she looks lovely as always, and all lovey dovey with her hubby too. and thanks for the BTS link, sworn to secrecy here.

That was a touching video about Rosie's Rainbow Fund, nice to see Joanne supporting it, that little girl has left an amazing legacy.

I love a good period drama too, I've got a few on dvd, Wives and Daughters, North and South, Pride and Prejudice and Our Mutual Friend is another good Dickens adaption, you might have seen some of those already Lindsay, always worth watching again though.
There's quite a few to choose from....... Our Mutual Friend [DVD] [1998]: Amazon.co.uk: Paul McGann, Keeley Hawes, Dominic Mafham, David Bradley, Anna Friel, Peter Vaughan, Pam Ferris, Steven Mackintosh, Sarah Crowden, Cate Fowler, John Dallimore, Peter Howell: DVD & Blu-ray
Thanks.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
There's quite a few to choose from....... Our Mutual Friend [DVD] [1998]: Amazon.co.uk: Paul McGann, Keeley Hawes, Dominic Mafham, David Bradley, Anna Friel, Peter Vaughan, Pam Ferris, Steven Mackintosh, Sarah Crowden, Cate Fowler, John Dallimore, Peter Howell: DVD & Blu-ray
Thanks for this link, I'll check it out.

So Princess Charlotte had a DA-themed christening. I want pics though.

Princess Charlotte Christening Tea Details : People.com

Old 07-04-2015, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Keeley Hawes is in it? I have the DVD from ages ago (when I was getting all the Anna Friel stuff (because Pushing Daisies ) but I only watched once and I'm not sure I'd finished it, it's very far in my memory, but Keeley! And Paul McGann! Giving me Doctor Who feels!!

I mean... *cough* Yaaay Downton! (See, back on topic, I'm good )
Old 07-04-2015, 07:02 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for this link, I'll check it out.

So Princess Charlotte had a DA-themed christening. I want pics though.

Princess Charlotte Christening Tea Details : People.com
Thanks.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Extreme Fan

I've seen Mario Testino will be the official photographer for the christening, so they're sure to be good Lindsay, and a Downton theme sounds like Kate's idea, since we know she's a fan.

Yes Keeley Hawes is in Our Mutual Friend, and Paul McGann is brilliant in it too, I know we're off topic a little, but you should watch the whole dvd again, I was gripped when I saw it for the first time.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top