Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2015, 07:08 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
Is this the correct thread to discuss what we hope occurs in series 6? It would be interesting to read what others are wanting to happen in the series finale.

(Maybe we can have a shower scene (think Bobby Ewing in-the-shower-scene, LOL)...and poof! Matthew never actually died....

It's fine, go ahead, we don't know what'll happen yet so you can speculate.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
If S6 is the last, I can definitely see Allen & Lily back. Heck even Jimmy or Alfred too. Goodness, let's have all of them back: Charles, Tony, Strallan, Kuragin, Mr. Mason, etc.

It's good that you're seeing the embedded tweets/IG links now. I'll let our System Manager know. Thanks.
Not sure about Strallan, Tony or even Charles, I'm thinking Mary and Edith might be getting some new guys next season, and hopefully no more triangles for Mary.

lol, at Matthew coming back in the shower, and it was all a bad dream, if Downton gets that silly, we'll know JF has run out of ideas.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Not sure about Strallan, Tony or even Charles, I'm thinking Mary and Edith might be getting some new guys next season, and hopefully no more triangles for Mary.

lol, at Matthew coming back in the shower, and it was all a bad dream, if Downton gets that silly, we'll know JF has run out of ideas.

--You Brits may not be too familiar with Bobby Ewing. Patrick Duffey wanted to leave the hit show DALLAS, so they killed Bobby. KILLED HIM.
Fans were devastated. But a season or so later, Duffy wanted to come back. So they filmed this shower scene, and it was explained that his WIFE dreamed the whole death and subsequent seasons. LOL
When he came back, of course, the new characters and any further plot developments ceased to exist. It was hilarious.
LOL

I LOVED DA series 1-3. was NOT happy when Matthew was killed. I understand why Stevens wanted to leave, I get it. But it sure killed the show. It's floundered since.

As far as my list of things for season 6?
1. Edith find happiness.
2. Mary not find happiness. (she's a mean girl) lol it's time for her to reap some karma
3. No one says the word GREENE
4. Bates have a baby
5. Carson and Hughes get married. not have a baby (hehe)
6.Tom comes back to DA with an American bride. settles back into DA.
7. Robert dies. (yep, I said it!)
8. Mrs Patmore marries William's dad.
9. Daisy moves to the farm
10 Isobel marries Merton
11. someone kills Thomas in the very last scene and we never find out what happens.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:39 PM
New Fan

The Princess hangs herself, and Violet retires to the continent to live with the Prince. She leaves Denker and Spratt, full salaried, at the dower house, hoping perhaps that they'll finally have their Calico Cat and Gingham Dog moment out of her presence.

Edith is at the altar with the new estate manager, and Gregson speaks up when the Vicar sez: Speak now or forever hold you peace. He's been suffering from amnesia.

Lady Mary decides to race cars, and meets Henry Talbot. She beats him soundly, but he forgives her. She brings him home, they get engaged. George adores him, and they decide not to send him off to school but keep him home and get extraordinary tutors for him.

Thomas takes up the hobby of reconstructing clocks found in the dump. He finds the Gutenberg clock and restores it, auctions it at Sotheby's and being fabulously wealthy, contacts the Duke, who's now in South America, who invites him to come be his valet.

Larry is killed in a duel, the other son comes round, and Isobel and Merton marry, turning the family mansion into a home for women of the streets, dying of syphilis. Stowell is last seen as an orderly there.

Lord and Lady Sinderby invite Shrimpie and Susan to Canningford. Whilst touring the gardens, Susan finding Daniel in front of a well, makes an attempt to push him in, he neatly steps aside and she falls in. They are unable to rescue her. They simply cement it, and put her stone on top. Stone reads: All for Love, ALL. . . . Daniel runs away with Diana, and Shrimpie and Rachel Sinderby get married. (She gets everything in the divorce.) Atticus and Rose come back for the wedding.

Alfred invites Mrs. Patmore to dinner at The Ritz, and introduces her to his chef as his first teacher. The chef is intrigued and they decide to write a cookery book called "Downton at the Ritz." The both retire to her cottage to do so. Alfred becomes the chief chef at the Ritz.

Daisy and Andy begin to have this thing for each other, when Mr. Mason has a heart attack. She goes to take care of him and the farm, and Andy goes to help. Turns out he's as good with horses as William was.

Miss O'Brien dies of Dengue fever in Calcutta. Edna applies for and gets her job and packs.

Tom comes home from America with his new bride, a brilliant mathematician, who's already pregnant. He's worried because of Sybil's story, so her mother (who is a doctor) comes to help. Her mother and Dr. Clarkson begin forming a bond as they wait for the twins. Tom, influenced by Yeats, begins writing rebel poetry, which Edith publishes in a new offshoot magazine called "Marigold."

Mrs. Hughes and Carson get married and set off to operate their bed and breakfast.

Anna and Bates win the Irish Sweepstakes, buy Haxby, and open a hotel for children of the gentry for school holidays. Anna is already pregnant.

Baxter and Molesly are given a life occupancy in Crawley House, and open a kindergarten for little girls.

Rosamund hires a new footman named Jimmy.

Ethel's father in law has a stroke, and she moves in to help Daphne raise little Charlie. Daphne confesses that if she'd done a better job with her son, he wouldn't have abandoned her and his son. Father is confined to wheel chair, and is unable to speak. Only scowl. Scene outside: Charlie falls down and skins his knee and goes running to Ethel crying "Mummy, Mummy." She picks him up and comforts him. Daphne smiles.

Robert has a bleeding ulcer, and it becomes clear to him that running Downton is going to cost him his life. He turns it over to Mary, and he and Cora retire to Eryholme. They get a new yellow Lab named Osiris.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
Is this the correct thread to discuss what we hope occurs in series 6? It would be interesting to read what others are wanting to happen in the series finale.
That's fine as long as we don't touch on anything spoilerish out there.

And because I'm lazy, I'll bring over my post from the DA board:

1. No more Green drama PLEASE.
2. Stop with the Mary's men storyline. It was tiring and very bland for me overall.
3. Mary still harping on over Edith. I understand that they don't have a warm relationship but too much is too much.
4. Recycled plots.
5. Deus ex machina but that's been a longtime way of how JF writes his SLs anyway.
6. For Molesley to be the "comedic relief" on the show. He's so much more than that.
7. For Daisy to stop complaining about life and actually do something about her education now.
8. For Edith to stop feeling sorry for herself and march on.
9. For Robert to be a more loving and thoughtful husband to Cora (and to listen to her).
10. For Cora to not be nice for once in her life. Probably not a good thing to hope for but she's being bowled over a lot by Robert in terms of decisions. Women should have a say too!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleriver (View Post)
The Princess hangs herself, and Violet retires to the continent to live with the Prince. She leaves Denker and Spratt, full salaried, at the dower house, hoping perhaps that they'll finally have their Calico Cat and Gingham Dog moment out of her presence.

Edith is at the altar with the new estate manager, and Gregson speaks up when the Vicar sez: Speak now or forever hold you peace. He's been suffering from amnesia.

Lady Mary decides to race cars, and meets Henry Talbot. She beats him soundly, but he forgives her. She brings him home, they get engaged. George adores him, and they decide not to send him off to school but keep him home and get extraordinary tutors for him.

Thomas takes up the hobby of reconstructing clocks found in the dump. He finds the Gutenberg clock and restores it, auctions it at Sotheby's and being fabulously wealthy, contacts the Duke, who's now in South America, who invites him to come be his valet.

Larry is killed in a duel, the other son comes round, and Isobel and Merton marry, turning the family mansion into a home for women of the streets, dying of syphilis. Stowell is last seen as an orderly there.

Lord and Lady Sinderby invite Shrimpie and Susan to Canningford. Whilst touring the gardens, Susan finding Daniel in front of a well, makes an attempt to push him in, he neatly steps aside and she falls in. They are unable to rescue her. They simply cement it, and put her stone on top. Stone reads: All for Love, ALL. . . . Daniel runs away with Diana, and Shrimpie and Rachel Sinderby get married. (She gets everything in the divorce.) Atticus and Rose come back for the wedding.

Alfred invites Mrs. Patmore to dinner at The Ritz, and introduces her to his chef as his first teacher. The chef is intrigued and they decide to write a cookery book called "Downton at the Ritz." The both retire to her cottage to do so. Alfred becomes the chief chef at the Ritz.

Daisy and Andy begin to have this thing for each other, when Mr. Mason has a heart attack. She goes to take care of him and the farm, and Andy goes to help. Turns out he's as good with horses as William was.

Miss O'Brien dies of Dengue fever in Calcutta. Edna applies for and gets her job and packs.

Tom comes home from America with his new bride, a brilliant mathematician, who's already pregnant. He's worried because of Sybil's story, so her mother (who is a doctor) comes to help. Her mother and Dr. Clarkson begin forming a bond as they wait for the twins. Tom, influenced by Yeats, begins writing rebel poetry, which Edith publishes in a new offshoot magazine called "Marigold."

Mrs. Hughes and Carson get married and set off to operate their bed and breakfast.

Anna and Bates win the Irish Sweepstakes, buy Haxby, and open a hotel for children of the gentry for school holidays. Anna is already pregnant.

Baxter and Molesly are given a life occupancy in Crawley House, and open a kindergarten for little girls.

Rosamund hires a new footman named Jimmy.

Ethel's father in law has a stroke, and she moves in to help Daphne raise little Charlie. Daphne confesses that if she'd done a better job with her son, he wouldn't have abandoned her and his son. Father is confined to wheel chair, and is unable to speak. Only scowl. Scene outside: Charlie falls down and skins his knee and goes running to Ethel crying "Mummy, Mummy." She picks him up and comforts him. Daphne smiles.

Robert has a bleeding ulcer, and it becomes clear to him that running Downton is going to cost him his life. He turns it over to Mary, and he and Cora retire to Eryholme. They get a new yellow Lab named Osiris.
Puddlertiver,

Your 2 comments about Thomas finding something in a 'dump' and Rosamund hiring a new footman named Jimmy made me LOL so hard! It's hard to laugh that hard so early in the morning. LOL
Old 03-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm certainly enjoying reading the possibilities here for season 6. I hope Fellowes does half as well.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Of all the possible scenario's for S6, this one from puddledriver I'm liking....

'Lady Mary decides to race cars, and meets Henry Talbot. She beats him soundly, but he forgives her. She brings him home, they get engaged. George adores him, and they decide not to send him off to school but keep him home and get extraordinary tutors for him. '
Old 03-24-2015, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Just finished season five - I actually liked the season a lot! I never dislike the show, but there have been some boringish times. I think season five ended on a high note

I do hope this Green storyline is done for good though. I have hated it since S4 and I honestly don't care much about it. It just drags and it's too separate from the other characters. And I don't really likes Bates, so it's just ugh. I love Anna though.

I want both Mary and Edith to find love next season. Mary was kind of on the sidelines this season, which is fine because S4 was all about her and her men. I would like though for her to fall madly in love again. We all miss Matthew but I hate the back and forth between the guys. I want her to care again. And same with Edith, it's about time that she finds someone and makes it work. She's been so mopey this season, which is understandable, but I would love if she finally was happy!

I'll miss Tom so much though! The scene with Mary, Edith, and Tom in the children's room made me tear up so much. Tom is such a wonderful character, he has great interactions with the entire cast - so it will be sad to see him go. Also, is Rose leaving for good? At first I didn't like her, but now I've grown to love her. It will be sad to see her gone.

Mosley and Baxter should get together! And I want to see a Carson/Ms. Hughs wedding
Old 03-24-2015, 12:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I"d like to see Edith and her new love- tell Mary off in no uncertain terms and turn on her parents too for enabling Mary's attitude.

Yes, hope the Bates' have a child.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah sometimes Mary's sass is cute, but it's gotten quite old. Like she is so rude/mean to Edith.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Yeah sometimes Mary's sass is cute, but it's gotten quite old. Like she is so rude/mean to Edith.
Part of the problem is the depth, height, weight of Edith's one act, outweighs by a huge magnitude *anything* Mary ever said or did to her. Up to that point, it was pretty much tit-for-tat. For that one letter to the Turkish Ambassador, Mary would/should be entitled to torture her with hot needles as long as they live. It was also unbelievably stupid: harming one's own family's reputation when you're an unmarried lass is close to suicidal.

But YES, any device used too often gets to be annoying and/or yawn making. More evidence that Fellowes is just marching in place. Alas.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Of all the possible scenario's for S6, this one from puddledriver I'm liking....

'Lady Mary decides to race cars, and meets Henry Talbot. She beats him soundly, but he forgives her. She brings him home, they get engaged. George adores him, and they decide not to send him off to school but keep him home and get extraordinary tutors for him. '

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I want both Mary and Edith to find love next season. Mary was kind of on the sidelines this season, which is fine because S4 was all about her and her men. I would like though for her to fall madly in love again. We all miss Matthew but I hate the back and forth between the guys. I want her to care again. And same with Edith, it's about time that she finds someone and makes it work. She's been so mopey this season, which is understandable, but I would love if she finally was happy!
I agree with this. I miss S2 Mary the most. I have to say she's different when she's madly in-love with someone. Matthew definitely made her more nice. And yes, Edith is burdened by the world on her shoulders. I am actually a bit thrilled she left and found her peace and conveniently too she & Robert are in good relations now which is making me think they might kill off Robert next season. I'm one of the few that likes Mary's sass, and only because we can have someone to blame for Edith/everyone's troubles. But there's a line that JF has to draw and a bit too much is too much sometimes.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleriver (View Post)
Part of the problem is the depth, height, weight of Edith's one act, outweighs by a huge magnitude *anything* Mary ever said or did to her. Up to that point, it was pretty much tit-for-tat. For that one letter to the Turkish Ambassador, Mary would/should be entitled to torture her with hot needles as long as they live. It was also unbelievably stupid: harming one's own family's reputation when you're an unmarried lass is close to suicidal.

But YES, any device used too often gets to be annoying and/or yawn making. More evidence that Fellowes is just marching in place. Alas.
----

My opinion is that Mary and Edith traded equal blows. Sure, Edith ratted out Mary's poor behavior with that damaging letter, but Mary was cruel when telling Strallon 'Edith's avoiding some boob because he's going to ask a question' was blatantly cruel and involved someone ELSE (Strallon).
Edith might have called Mary out on her bad behavior, but Mary involved sweet lil Strallon in her revenge against Edith.
After Strallon left the party, Mary raised her glass to Edith. wow.

And speaking of bringing scandal and ruin upon a family, I am surprised Rose got a free pass with her blatantly showing her relationship with the married man in the night club and being seen publicly with Jack Ross. In that level of society, you would think these relationships would have been widely known--instead, when she meets Mr. Toothy Grin, it's all sunshine and and rainbows. (and I also don't find it plausible that Rose, who was wild as wild can be one season, is in the next ready to settle down in wedded bliss.)
Old 03-25-2015, 07:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree about Edith, Aggie. I don't think either Mary or her parents deserve any consideration when they let Mary rip on Edith and barely say a word.

I realize it's just a character but all I can say is if she had me as a sis, and she did that- with my Italian temper, Mary would be sorry lol. Edith is too soft and I don't respect doormats.

And I always felt Cora should have stood up to the dowager more too, not just when she found out about the secret baby. Or in another season when they make digs to the American grandmother while all the while wanting her money. I like when actress Shirley comes visiting and tells the Dowager a thing or two.

Last edited by mrs. g; 03-25-2015 at 07:23 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top