Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
it was pretty blah iMO, i kept waiting for it to pick up.

the most interesting part of the whole thing was when he hit the guy with his car, the rest felt super slow until the end. (oh man, tuco )

i watched the whole thing but I'm not sure ill be watching next week.
Today is a new episode.

Didn't watch it yet, I'm waiting for the second episode to air to watch it together.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

^ Good thinking
Old 02-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

why are they doing that?

i don't think I'm gonna watch LOL

let me know if it gets better
Old 02-10-2015, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

At the end of the day, we all know that Saul's journey won't be anything quite as revolutionary as Walter's journey was. I keep on comparing it I didn't think much of the first episode. I am disappointed I'm going to give of a chance though.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I liked the first episode.
Definetely not comparing to Walt's journey because that's impossible, but it will be interesting to see James McGill to Saul Goodman journey.

BB also started slow, and this will to, it needs time to pick-up.

Now, off to watching the second episode.

Also - Tuco. We saw his grandma (?), when we will see again ding ding ding.

Watched the second episode, I liked it more. So, this is not the first time that Saul is dragged into the desert, oops, I meant James. What's the deal with his brother Chuck, some rare disease about electromagnetism? :O Oh, I researched, brother Chuck, a paranoid schizophrenic who’s deathly scared of modern technology, living like a hermit in a dark home without electricity, well, that explains it. I can't wait to Mike steps up more.

Now I remember, the first scenes of the first episodes we're BB aftermath when Saul maintains a new identity, and he recalls his old life on that VCR tape...

Last edited by believer14; 02-10-2015 at 02:44 PM
Old 02-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

i don't think breaking bad started slow.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I watched the first episode just now, hesitant on it being too silly or just clearly something to capitalize on BB's success. Around 15 minute mark, I was sold and after the first episode, I quickly started episode 2!!! I'm hooked and loving it!
Old 02-11-2015, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

Happy you're enjoying it, Matt

I don't think Breaking Bad started slow either but each to their own
Old 02-11-2015, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll definitely watch!!
Old 02-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Addicted Fan

It kind of did, thats why I liked it. But, BCS started slower then BB.
I dont think that they are trying to capitalize from BB, because if thats the case, Vince Gilligan could go with BB with two or three more seasons, but he decided it to end it when they were on the top.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts (View Post)
Happy you're enjoying it, Matt

I don't think Breaking Bad started slow either but each to their own
I don't think Breaking Bad started slow either but I've seen plenty of people who did think that. I think for some it seems more "slow" in retrospect because some of the later seasons had so much action and plot sequences. But for others, they really think it was slow.

But BB did have plenty of slow, deliberate episodes (that I thought were riveting nevertheless.) And they had those episodes in the first season but the BB pilot had more action than the BCS premiere. Frankly, it needed to. Gilligan had to sell a concept and didn't have much of a history.

Now he has a lot of leeway as a showrunner. He didn't need to create an action-packed pilot to convince anyone to pick it up. Heck, AMC has already given him a Season 2 so he has plenty of time to develop the show at the pace he'd like.

I did think the pilot was very much set up, set up set up but I enjoyed it. I liked the humor.

If you bailed after the first ep, I still recommend watching the second ep as it was directed by Michele MacLaren, one of BB's best directors. She (and the writing) really gave the second ep a more B Br feeling than I think the pilot had.

Still, this is a different show. If it tried to be as twisty as BB, I don't think the show could make it work. Supposedly eps 6 and 9 really tie things together.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

i don't see how bb started slow at all really? i mean, some scenes are slow going and they take a while to get there but i think in general the drama in the first episode was pretty intense. i mean from the first second we are wanting to know whats happening and by the end of the pilot so much was going on.

with BCS i felt like the entire thing was pretty slow except for little moments. like, not just slow but the storyline wasnt that captivating.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
If you bailed after the first ep, I still recommend watching the second ep as it was directed by Michele MacLaren, one of BB's best directors. She (and the writing) really gave the second ep a more B Br feeling than I think the pilot had.

Still, this is a different show. If it tried to be as twisty as BB, I don't think the show could make it work. Supposedly eps 6 and 9 really tie things together.
Yes, they say that the second episode is Breaking Bad-esque I think it would be a shame for us not to give this show a chance. Esp with Michele. She did good work with BB.

It is different. Refreshing
Old 02-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Episode 2 was a hell of a lot better than the pilot! Wow..

It just felt so much more like breaking bad and the drama was there, the pacing was better... I hope the show keeps it up!

I did think Saul convincing them to just break one of their legs was pretty ridiculous. Tuco would never agree to just that. And the other guys wouldn't let him just talk to Tuco either.

The Chuck stuff was boring but it was cool to see Saul finally growing into the man he became.

I don't really like Tuco but I do like his cousin.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I won't say anything to not be a jerk; but last night's episode was so good!!! They really know how to keep us coming back and tuning in!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top