Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

wow great news about his award!

guys, I saw that video here "story of Sebastian Monroe"
I have made video, it is starting with this video but I added Monroe's part from every "Revolution revealed" video, not entirely everything, but all good!
If you want I will upload it on youtube, it really is "the wole story of Sebastian Monroe"
Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Addicted Fan

last night I saw David's short film Record. wow was it beautiful. the story was sad and sweet, and the actors were lovely, but what made it so stunning was the way the film was shot and the mood it set, and that's all because of David as the director. the camera angles were perfect, mostly tight close ups and wide scenic shots, and the music (which he composed!) was very quiet and ethereal.

the film festival had their awards ceremony last night, so there was no Q&A and David was not around (honestly I don't even know if he is even still in nyc) but it was so worth seeing and I'm really glad I went. this film is clearly something very special to him, and seeing it has made me love him even more.

one funny anecdote: Record was part of a screening of about 8 short films. one of the other movies had a scene of a little first grade girl reading a copy of Charles Darwin's "rEvolution." weird coincidence, huh?

now I REALLY need to see Penance. I'm excited that he's getting such accolades for all his work. he truly is a versatile and talented artist. I think the world of him.

team Brooklyn ..CM..CS..FO..MN..DB.. Life is short; let's play a song.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya1008 (View Post)
last night I saw David's short film Record. wow was it beautiful. the story was sad and sweet, and the actors were lovely, but what made it so stunning was the way the film was shot and the mood it set, and that's all because of David as the director. the camera angles were perfect, mostly tight close ups and wide scenic shots, and the music (which he composed!) was very quiet and ethereal.
Awww that sounds great, i am happy for you that you could go and see it. Because i am in Europe its not that easy but i love New York and that would have been another great reason to spend some time there. If only i had known it sooner that David is there

@Charloe

I would love to have a video with all his interviews that would be great. Unfortunately i don´t know how to do it myself.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Addicted Fan

thanks, Sky.

just came by to drop this off:

love his smile. when i first watched this episode and saw this scene, i remember thinking, "oh my, he's perfect."

Old 04-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Hm, Bass flirting with Duncan. I approve.

I've heard some things about the story of Penance. It seems to be a very dark character, the one played by David. I think the movie was being showed at a festival in NY too, if I'm not wrong.

Really nice that you got to see Record. I've only seen praise for this short movie. I hope one day I get the opportunity to see it too.

Claire van der Boom (she plays Sophie on Record) was at the Tribeca Film Festival too and she posted this cute picture with David at her instagram:

Quote:

With the Three Stooges behind RECORD. In comp for best narrative short Tribeca FF. Awards ceremony mischief...
Claire van der Boom | Instagram

Old 04-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
I've heard some things about the story of Penance. It seems to be a very dark character, the one played by David. I think the movie was being showed at a festival in NY too, if I'm not wrong.
yes I'm going to try to see that too, especially since David won for Best Actor.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

here is "the whole story of Sebastian Monroe"
part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpij...ature=youtu.be
part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzV...ature=youtu.be

enjoy again ))
Old 05-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks so much Charloe for putting it all together.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
Thanks so much Charloe for putting it all together.

I was glad, only I couldn't add the last episode and end with it,
it was already to hart to watch it 1 time
but I'll renew when season (hope only season) will end
Old 05-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charloe (View Post)
this is really great; i edited the OP to include it. thanks.

Last edited by priya1008; 05-04-2014 at 01:54 PM
Old 05-07-2014, 05:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Those videos released last year with the story of the characters are really nice.

I never forget that David says in this "Story of Sebastian Monroe" video that Bass losing Rachel and his opportunity with Miles at the end of the first half of season 1 was what made him completely plummet into madness and paranoia. It makes much more sense now after this episode.

After this episode 2x19, I'm 99% sure that the Monroe Republic will be rebuilt.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Addicted Fan

i was lucky enough to attend a screening of Penance last night. it's a beautifully shot film, and wow, David was amazing and totally deserved that acting award given to him. the film is very short, so to discuss it would be giving too much of the plot away, so I won't say anything and hope everyone who is a fan will get an opportunity to see it.

neither David nor Jeff Wolfe (the director) were there, but Chris Jackson, one of the producers, answered questions. he said the biggest challenge was an ice storm in Austin 1-2 days before the shoot. he said David was incredible during the whole process; shooting one scene where he stands in front of a church in the pouring rain countless times in 22F degree weather. he is so dedicated; i adore him.

ETA: frustrated that David doesn't have a twitter, today of all days. i just wish there was a way i could tell him how much i appreciate the work he did on this show, and how sad I am to say goodbye to Bass.

Last edited by priya1008; 05-10-2014 at 07:12 AM
Old 05-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that's an adorable photo
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Addicted Fan

has everyone seen this blog? it's pretty funny (and pro-Charloe, so be forewarned if you don't care for that ship) but this old post from january pretty much sums up Bass for me.

The not so impartial review: Revolution : Sebastian "Bass" Monroe

IDC if they try to make him the evil dictator again in the next 2 epis. in my mind, he will always be redeemable.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't thanks for posting the link
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.