Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

2x10 Blast Radius: Episode Discussion

blast radius
2x10 - episode discussion

ARROW HUNTS
DOWN SHRAPNEL

Oliver must tackle a new threat to the city when bombs start to go off in Starling City. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) discovers the person setting them off is Mark Sheffner (guest star Sean Maher), a man who goes by the nickname Shrapnel. Arrow discovers Shrapnel’s next target is Sebastian Blood’s (guest star Kevin Alejandro) “Unity Rally” and tries to talk the alderman out of hosting it, but he refuses. Arrow sets off to stop the bombing, but Shrapnel tricks him and traps him in a bomb-laced antique store where he is unable to move without setting off the device. While Felicity helps Oliver, Diggle (David Ramsey) races to the plaza to find the bomb before it goes off. Meanwhile, Roy (Colton Haynes) continues to hide his new strength from Thea (Willa Holland) but, after she witnesses his super strength in action at the rally, she demands answers. Laurel’s (Katie Cassidy) suspicions about Sebastian grow stronger once she learns that he grew up with Cyrus Gold, the man who killed Lance’s (Paul Blackthorne) partner. After Donner (guest Star Dylan Bruce) refuses to help her investigate, she turns to Arrow (Stephen Amell) for help.

Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu (#210).

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Cannot wait for this ep to start!! I'm watching live
Old 01-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Excellent new thread.

Can't wait to watch online tomorrow!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice return episode!
I really enjoyed this one.

I enjoyed all the A-Team stuff, my poor Diggle being in the middle of all the Oliver & Felicity angst, angst with the A-Team is never fun.

Oliver getting upset with Felicity focus and performance was a bit uncalled for seeing as how month earlier, he kind of left Diggle high and dry when it came to a certain woman named Felicity, so he needs to stop with the whole getting upset that Felicity was with her friend Barry.

It was nice to see Oliver apologizing to Felicity in the end though.
I loved that whole scene between them in the end.

We've seen a lot of Laurel this week,
Also smart of Laurel to find something sketch about Blood, I'm happy she was in the right mindset there.

I loved seeing the stuff from the Island and really interested to know for sure that Oliver really did choose Sara over Shado.. cause I really didn't think he did the first time around, I wasn't sure. I thought he jumped up to stop either Shado or Sara from dying but Oliver pretty much confirmed tonight, that he did choose her AND no one has told Slade, so that's going to be interested.

John Diggle getting shot. That was shocking to me, but luckily it was nothing to serious.
Also Roy saving Moria was awesome, also the circumstances of Roy injection is really shown in this episodes.

I really enjoyed the end of the episode about Sebastian Blood, Laurel finding out the truth and Arrow shaking hands with him.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

This episode was kind of boring. I think it was the worst of the season so far for me. We didn't really learn anything that we didn't already know.

I like that Laurel's investigating Blood, but we already know he's bad, so it doesn't mean much to me. And the writers really need to stop telling us things about Laurel and actually start showing us. Because I don't get downward spiral drug addict from her at all. They said Cassidy stepped up her game, but I didn't really see that in this ep. She's making Blood's story interesting but not her own.

Interesting that Ollie choose Sara. I think she was just as surprised as us finding that information out. To me it looked like he was offering himself. But I guess he choose her. Which I can see, he probably feels incredibly guilty about what happened to her. He can see she change from the giddy rebel girl to quick thinking survivor. I think she has better survival skills then he does.

And I loved that she picked up a giant stick to whack Slade with. The Canary already picked up her weapon of choice on the island, just like Arrow.
Coconut1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
He can see she change from the giddy rebel girl to quick thinking survivor.
And I loved that she picked up a giant stick to whack Slade with. The Canary already picked up her weapon of choice on the island, just like Arrow.
"Quick thinking survivor", I like that

Wow good deduction about the stick.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Liked the episode!

Oliver/Felicity were beautiful. I loved the last scene the best, especially just from Oliver's POV he was just so open. The emotion. It was awesome!

Team Arrow just need eachother i love it. Poor Diggle caught in the middle of a domestic and shot. I loved the way he got up when Oliver and Felicity started their fight.

Roy seriously concerned for his well being. It's so obvious there's something wrong that he can't even hide it from Thea.

I always love my Island Slade/Oliver times, it's interesting watch Slade change...

It was good Laurel didn't trust Blood. I was shocked to find out his Aunt was his mother, he's even more sinister than I thought.

And sidenote: I loved Felicity's dress, the back of it was to die for.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just saw the episode..Pretty average.I only liked the island scenes
Shrapnel was wasted..Atleast Laurel wasn`t totally terrible imo.
AzureKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Pace was kinda slow. I wasn't crazy about the Sebastien and Laurel scenes, or the Oliver and Sebastien scenes. or Roy's scenes really? Not sure why

Parts I enjoyed of course Slade + Island stuff!
Olicity stealing my heart, particularly with their last scene
Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Extreme Fan

lol I can't help but mock the Felicity/Oliver scenes. I love the way Felicity acted upset especially after lashing out at Oliver. Also Oliver apologizing at the end for doing nothing wrong (that part was great too) ...

At least she said thank you ...

The flashbacks were great. Everything else not so much. I was bored ... The ending was also great ... that's all I got.

next week: Damsel in distress again. (not sure how I feel about Laurel needing saving again since she needs saving almost every other week ... ) Hopefully we'll get something good.

only complaint - Not enough Sara (and maybe write Diggle better, the dude just bores the hell out of me even when he just sits there not speaking lol ... / like make him more exciting)

Last edited by SpencerFan; 01-16-2014 at 03:10 AM
SpencerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureKnight (View Post)
Shrapnel was wasted..Atleast Laurel wasn`t totally terrible imo.
He was

Laurel was meehh, I just wasn't really interested. Just from what the writers promised I was expecting more than that. It was a lot of questions round and round in circles. But I did like the last scene with Blood's mother. But mainly cos it was like SHUT UP no way! I was pleased she discovered it though. I believe it will get better.

Oliver and Felicity
Oh Oliver, look at all his feels showing. Their mini fight was funny and yet serious. The great thing about Oliver is how complex he is, unless you know the whole story it's hard to tell what he's eating him. But he was ready for a fight with her.

The ass comment and his excuse me?

Then it got serious when he responded telling her not to blame him.

The last scene between them, I love it for so many reasons, cos he waits till Dig leaves, he's nervous about it, he really pours his heart out, Stephen Amell was excellent in that scene, he brings out this side of the normal guarded Oliver at the perfect moments and with such... I don't know, it's just so true. I grow to love Oliver's character more and more! And the Island flashbacks totally add to that (cos man did he suffer)

I want Thea to have more to do than worry about Roy, but I think that will come with her Malcolm s/l.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

For me there wasn't enough Team Arrow and Felicity IMO. Just cos they are some of my favorite parts of the show. Felicity didn't show up till like 11 minutes in..

So this episode had one of my favorite scenes the Olicity scene but it's not my favorite episode overall.

But I did like it! I've missed Arrow so much! So glad it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)

Then it got serious when he responded telling her not to blame him.
Loved that!

Quote:
The last scene between them, I love it for so many reasons, cos he waits till Dig leaves, he's nervous about it, he really pours his heart out, Stephen Amell was excellent in that scene, he brings out this side of the normal guarded Oliver at the perfect moments and with such... I don't know, it's just so true. I grow to love Oliver's character more and more! And the Island flashbacks totally add to that (cos man did he suffer)
^ This!

And I must say I'm happy they didn't kiss yet. Don't get me wrong Team Olicity forever! We mean business, we love them! But it's still dance around each other time...cos for a second at the last scene I thought they were going to I was like 'wait, do it, no don't, what's happening? you're blowing my mind' then they didn't i was like pheww...wish they had

Didn't like Diggle getting shot

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi

Last edited by Stelena&Bamon; 01-16-2014 at 04:54 AM
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Can we please talk about the genius residents of Starling City who show up when there have been bomb attacks?

I mean there's brave and then there's common sense.

All together = easy targets
Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

There was a little too much going on in the episode. The setup for Shrapnel was rushed and got a bit lost. I'll have to watch again but was there a significance to the scene of the store with the woman other than to show that was where Oliver would get trapped in? Very random scene. As was Laurel's sudden questioning of Sebastian about Cyrus Gold and his orphan past.
fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

meh... the episode was kind of a let down IMO.

With everything going on it just seems like Thea / Roy/ there. Which is fine, I guess but neither's really done much this season it seems. Hopefully that changes.

Not happy about Diggle getting shot