Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

The Originals 1x07: Bloodletting Discussion. Airs November 12th, 8 PM EST

The Originals
{Klaus}
Discussion Thread

A BLAST FROM THE PAST — When someone from Hayley’s (Phoebe Tonkin) past makes a startling revelation, she grows concerned for herself and the baby. Amidst growing tensions between them, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) turn to Sabine (guest star Shannon Kane) for help in locating Hayley, who has gone missing. After making a trip down to the bayou, Klaus has a surprising and dangerous encounter with an unexpected visitor. Meanwhile, Davina (Danielle Campbell) makes a surprising connection, and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) makes Rebekah (Claire Holt) an enticing offer that leaves her torn.

Visit The Originals / The Following / Icon by: Emma

TruLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Brenda

I cannot wait for this episode
Old 11-12-2013, 05:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening thread, Brenda!

Looking forward to watch it!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

It looks so good!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Moderator Manager

Just watched the episode.... and Tyler didn't annoy me as much as I was expecting, he was the least of my problems actually (color me surprised )

Rebekah.... for a 1000 year vampire you are gullible.... Really? After Marcel gave you the brush off last week (or last night) you're all ready to side with him after he showed you a drawing of a house?! Please!! Don't make it so hard to cheer for you, girl.

And very inconsiderate of Elijah to just take Hayley's word just like that... I know he has got the hots for her (he really can't resist a pretty brunette face ) but please she says "Klaus knew about the baby making hybrids thing" and Elijah is all I'll protect you from Klaus ... the writers are really making me go one step forward in liking her and 300 steps back...
And let me not start on the IRONY of her calling Tyler a backstabber, I mean, how quickly do people forget that if anyone did any backstabbing was Hayley towards Tyler.
If she is so good at protecting herself, I wonder why we have had to endure her needing to be saved since the beginning of the show Please, don't put lines in there that are only gonna make us roll our eyes.

I really likes Josh and Davina!! I see friendship material over there.... And the pinky swear was adorable! Hope they get more scenes together.

Now all props to Klaus... best thing in the episode! From his sarcastic remarks with Elijah, Tyler, to the feeling of betrayal when Elijah sided with Hayley's, and even when he was threatening/enlisting her to be by his side (not exactly his best moment I may add because you don't win over a needy person by saying she is only necessary now that he has no one else). As of this moment I want to see Klaus even more vicious, wrecking havoc everything.
And as a shipper I couldn't NOT say something about the mention I'm fangirling hard over Caroline's mention and specially the "I went after his girl" part
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow sounds like a episode with a lot of ups and downs to say the least! I will hopefully watch this tomorrow if it is available

After all of that I wouldn't be surprised if Klaus went on a rampage and got more vicious!

I am so excited about the Caroline mention cannot wait for that
Old 11-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by a million miles (View Post)
wow sounds like a episode with a lot of ups and downs to say the least! I will hopefully watch this tomorrow if it is available

After all of that I wouldn't be surprised if Klaus went on a rampage and got more vicious!

I am so excited about the Caroline mention cannot wait for that
Oopsie... sorry if I spoiled things for you

Girl... you need to see the promo!! I'm beyond MAD with both the episode and the promo

It's just a mention... but I got all happy and giggling like a fool... totally fangirling
Old 11-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its fine my choice to look in here

I have seen this episodes promo but not next I am just waiting for it be available! I hate it when they spin SL like this!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hated that everyone was so quick to believe that Klaus knew about the baby being able to make hybrids with her blood! Did Elijah not see the shock on Klaus' face when he was told! Hayley was quick to believe Tyler as well! Now Rebekah looks like she will side with Marcel because he showed her a picture he drew of the house he was going to build for them.

All through the episode when he was talking to his family his words may have been saying one thing but his eyes showed the vulnerability he feels about loosing his family. He now has no one

Tyler didn't annoy me as much as I thought he would either I knew once he couldn't defeat Klaus on his own (as if he ever had a chance) he would go to Marcel and offer a deal.

I enjoyed Josh and Davina's scenes too they seemed to really connect and they could both use a friend. The pinky swear was cute too

The Caroline mention was amazing I love hearing him say her name I was squeeing like a fan girl at that too
Old 09-03-2016, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so not a Tyler fan I was hoping Klaus would actually kill him

Klaus & Elijah bickering

Oh gosh. Let me gush here for a minute.
"Forgive me. I thought you were in danger. It appears I was mistaken."

Poor Klaus, always so misunderstood
Old 03-07-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here are my thoughts on the episode...
  • I loved the recap of Klaus/Tyler's history. And then...

Quote:
    Tyler: Hayley, don't make this harder than it has to be. Give up now. I'll end it quick.
    Klaus: Quite an offer, though not one I'll be extending to you.
    Tyler: Klaus.
    Klaus: Hello, Tyler. You look well. I aim to change that.
  • I enjoyed the showdown between Klaus and Tyler. I loved that Tyler telling Klaus that, whatever was going to happen to him, Caroline was never gonna stop hating Klaus...got the reaction out of Klaus. "Come on, mate. Give it a bit more effort. I wanna enjoy myself." The guys knew each other so well that they knew exactly what buttons to push to get a reaction: Klaus brought up the fact that he had killed Tyler's mom, and Tyler brought up Klaus' failures. I really thought that Tyler had come after Klaus because he wanted to get revenge on him because he had ruined his life. Imagine my surprise when it was revealed that Tyler had come to New Orleans on some suicide mission. "You want me to end your suffering, don't you? Hmm? I did break you, took everything from you, and now you're begging me to sweep away the shards of your shattered little life. Death offers more peace than you deserve. It's better to let you live and each morning, you will wake knowing that your wretched existence continues only by my will. Now go and live the rest of your days knowing you are nothing to me. How very in character of him to let an enemy live with the knowledge that he or she had nothing because Klaus had taken it away from them.
  • How heartbreaking for Klaus to be accused of knowing that the baby's blood could be used to sire hybrids and that he was intending to use that knowledge to build an army. "My big brother. So you doubt my intentions. Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Standing beside the noble Elijah, how can I be anything but the lesser brother? A liar. A manipulator. A bastard. That's all I am to you, isn't it, and to Rebekah? And judging by the way Hayley hangs on your every word, it's clear she feels the same way. No doubt my child will as well." If people expect him to be the bad guy, then he'll be the bad guy. Of course he was going to bite Elijah.
  • I didn't like that Klaus felt that he couldn't truly trust and rely on his siblings. He daggered, bit and deserted Elijah, and he left him and Hayley in the bayou. And he planned to use Rebekah to spy on Marcel for him. It didn't exactly do him any good to tell her not to expect to leave town anytime soon. It was only going to make her side with Marcel against him. It was sad that he felt like his "wickedness is self-preservation, and I wouldn't have to go to such lengths were I not beset on all sides by incompetence and treachery."
Reply   Post New Thread