Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2018, 05:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I absolutely think this movie is one the MCU's best - up there with Winter Soldier.

It had an amazing cast. I loved that the three female characters were all so different and so wonderfully portrayed - it's hard for me to even choose a favorite, though I think it might be Okoye. All of the main actors (and a few supporting actors) really got to shine in this. And Killmonger is definitely one of the best villains the MCU has had.

Boseman was perfect as T'Challa to me. The full range of emotions he goes through and his journey into being king was compelling to watch.

Anyone else think that, if we lose Steve as Cap (I do think/hope Bucky takes up the mantle), BP will be end up the leader of the new Avengers?
interesting i love Winter soilder just a bit more for me

but the ladies in this movie were so awesome i loved them so much tbh i wanted more of them

the kings jouney was a nice thing to see .

In the Comics does BP become the new cap ? i know bucky does .. ps i loved seeing bucky i knew he would be in it
Old 02-19-2018, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Winter Soldier annoys me.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
In the Comics does BP become the new cap ? i know bucky does .. ps i loved seeing bucky i knew he would be in it
No - Bucky does, and then Sam does later.

I just meant that I can see Black Panther being the leader of the Avengers once we lose Steve. I still think it's likely that Bucky will take up the shield, but I don't see his Cap leading the Avengers like Steve does now.

~Kat
Old 02-19-2018, 08:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
The Winter Soldier annoys me.
It did???

^ oh see that makes sense yeah I think BP could do it lead the new avengers so to speak
Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was easily the best MCU in at least 4 years, possibly ever.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Captain America Winter Soldier too. I liked it better than Civil War.

I hopefully see Black Panther again to again tonight!

I could Black Panther being the new leader of the Avengers too.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

The sister was funny.

There was also a cute sibling dynamic with her and T’Challa.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Shuri was awesome!
Old 02-21-2018, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the movie, going on Friday again!

Shuri was my favourite. So smart. Colonizer and another white broken boy for me to fix had me in stitches.

Also loved her relationship with T'challa, such a great sibling relationship. When she tricked him into hitting the new costume and filmed it + What are those?.

I don't mind they didn't film in Africa, it was probably too expensive and logistically challenging to film the entire movie in Africa. It didn't take away from the movie, BP might have not been filmed in Africa but it paid tribute and represented African culture well and respectfully. The first scene was already a nod to the girls who were kidnapped by Boko Haram. We also have to keep in mind that Wakanda is not an actual African country, it's a futuristic vision of Africa.

Here's an interesting thread on tribes/cultures represented in the movie:

https://twitter.com/diasporicblues/s...70975190528000

I loved how well written the women were and that they had agency, were equal partners and just as important in the fight to protect their country as the men. So empowering. This is the feminist movie I was waiting for.

Killmonger was such a good villain, even though I should hate him, I found myself feeling sympathy for him. Ryan knows what he's doing. But honestly Killmonger felt abondaned, without a home, family or culture, just like many people who have been striped of their culture.

Bury me in the ocean, with my ancestors that jumped from the ships, because they knew death was better than bondage

That line got me.

I hope the next BP movie focuses more on Nakia and her ideas because she had the same ideas and principals but a peaceful approach.

Okoye! My crush on Danai is even bigger now. When she used her wig in combat.

Also the Jabari men grunting when Everett started speaking.

Quote:
She was badass and powerful, but also warm with a sense of humour. And very noble.
I loved how the way they portrayed her inner struggle between being loyal to tradition and being loyal to your friends. The Okoye/Nakia scene after the T'Challa "died" was one of my favourite.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 02-21-2018 at 12:59 AM
Old 02-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, the Irish Times reviewer called it "a so-so children's film" and asked why are we listening to a hereditary monarch anyway? He said "Go and get elected and come back to me."
Old 02-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I read that review, disagreed with most of it.

read a great article about the women of Wakanda today:

https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/t...evolutionaries

Old 02-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Most Disney Marvel films are basically children's films these days, at least to a considerable extent. They're not like the Netflix shows. I'm sick of studios assuming that only kids want to watch superhero films. And the reviewer had a point about that hereditary monarch bit. It's one thing for mythological gods stuck in an earlier era, but a hereditary monarchy running a human country on Earth, let alone an advanced, technogically-developed country, is a bit questionable. Ok, more than a bit. I resent all real world royalty, so the royal status doesn't help T'Challa with me.

Last edited by sum1; 02-21-2018 at 04:29 PM
Old 02-21-2018, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Black Panther had a lot of aspects that a child might not fully understand, especially the story line about the diaspora and Killmongers rage. But the reviewer was annoyed that we didn't see a lot of T'Challa as Black Panther, so I don't know why he's complaining about it being for children, when that's a childish complaint.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hardly a childish complaint. When the movie's about a superhero we should see them as a superhero for a good share of the film. That's relevant whether you're an adult or a kid. And children understand a lot more than you seem to give them credit for.

Last edited by sum1; 02-21-2018 at 04:30 PM
Old 02-21-2018, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

The movie focuses on his heritage and origins, it explains how he becomes BP and also focuses on the people he surrounds himself with, both in battle and at home, including his sister who makes his suits. It's supposed to be an introduction and as somebody who watched the movie I can assure you, it was a good introduction.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top