Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Asgard Brothers (Thor&Loki) #6: "We can. Together."

Welcome to the 6th

"Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother! ’"
~ Thor

"I love Thor more dearly than any of you."
~ Loki

ϟ

ODINSONS

"Thor and Loki are defined by each other."
~ Tom Hiddleston

"They’re brothers, you know? Anyone with siblings understands that. ‘That’s it, I’m never talking to you again… want to play football?’"
~ Chris Hemsworth

Thor had an idyllic childhood, brought up in Asgard as the treasured son of Odin and his wife Frigga. His best friend and playmate was his adopted brother Loki, and though they were rivals for their father's throne, they still remained close companions. Brought up in the warrior culture of the Asgardians, Thor valued strength, courage, and loyalty above all else. He desired to be exactly like his father the war hero, and often remarks on the monsters he will slay and the wars he will win when he is king. He proves himself a great warrior, often leading his band of warriors (which includes Loki, the Lady Sif, and the Warrior Three) on adventures. However, he is also known to be reckless when Loki jokingly reminds him that he would be dead had he not used a smoke veil to allow them to escape during one battle. Although Odin chose him as his heir, he openly remarked that he thought Thor was a "vain, greedy, cruel boy" after Thor started an ill-advised war against the Frost Giants. It is later revealed that Loki was never in contention for the throne because of his Frost Giant heritage, meaning that regardless of his boyish attitude, Thor was always meant to be king.

Adopted by Odin and Frigga at the end of the Asgardians' war with the jotuns, Loki was treated as a prince of Asgard and was never informed of his true heritage throughout his youth. Loki is smaller and thinner, and has darker eye and hair colour while paler in complexion than the Asgardians and is treated with less respect and acceptance because of it. Throughout their childhood it is implied that Loki spent much of his time trying to prove himself as Thor's equal while being ridiculed for his obvious inadequacies which led to him studying sorcery and magic instead of trying to acquire strength that he would never attain. Admittedly jealous of his step-brother, Thor, and anxious about a kingdom ruled by the loud and violent God of Thunder, Loki allowed several Jotuns to enter Asgard who then proceeded to try and steal the Casket of Ancient Winters during Thor's coronation. Later Loki admits that it was 'just a bit of fun' meant to ruin his brother's special day and to keep Asgard from his reign for a short while longer. In the wake of this intrusion, Thor opted to launch a counterattack on Jotunheim with a number of his friends, and while Loki initially tried to dissuade his brother, he eventually relented and accompanied him, though he left word with a servant to immediately inform their father of the plan to prevent any further harm.

ϟ

Loki: It's too late to stop it!
Thor: No. We can. Together.

FANS
Hawthorn
dream once more
quin611
eireanne
kgp1217
sprezzatura
Chasing Fireflies
Sparkleyღ
Talkative One
snatches of sunshine
miranstarr
Goldenrose
flightless♥bird
L i N d $ @ y
sethamgal
winchesterboyz
Lei D Loki

PREVIOUS THREADS
01 . 02 . 03 . 04 . 05

"Brother, however I have wronged you, whatever

I have done that has led you to do this..
I am truly sorry."

x

Last edited by Hawthorn; 09-21-2012 at 06:11 PM
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Thanks for the new thread Fran!

k r i s tine | my art
Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt, Fran!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

My pleasure.

Last thing about Odin and his origins - while I was reading his character's biography on Wiki it was mentioned that Odin's father, Bor, got cursed by a sorcerer and turned into snow, but when his son found him, Odin refused to help him and find someone who could break the curse. So Bor cursed Odin in response, saying he would have to raise another king's son as his own. Cue Odin finding baby Loki a few weeks later.
I found all of that interesting because Odin basically let his father, err, melt away, and Loki would end up killing his own father, too (both in comics and movie).

...Ok I'm done with Odinsons family OT, back to our favorite angst bros!

credit
Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cute art!

Fran, you should start reading the Thor comics!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Fran, you should start reading the Thor comics!
I really should. But I keep delaying because... I genuinely have no idea where to start.
I haven't properly read comics in ages (not exaggeration), the exceptions being an issue here and there of random things, and mostly because I was looking for something specific.

The only Thor related thing I picked up a while after watching the first movie was the 'Loki' 2004 four-part issue, right after checking out the animated version it inspired ('Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers').
It was a punch right in my Loki and T/L feels, btw, even though Loki is drawn as a guy with the face of a 70 year old man, lol. But it has a lot of insight on Loki's mind, and the most tragic of endings, of course. ._.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is a rather daunting project, isn't it?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Two brothers.

One burdened with glorious purpose, the other with suffocating responsibility.

x

Poor Thor!

k r i s tine | my art
Old 09-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great art! That's two of the core qualities defining Loki and Thor - Mischief and Honor.
Quote:
It is a rather daunting project, isn't it?
It is indeed, for me at least. I've even contemplated going on some comics fan forum/community and beg someone who has checked out most of the Thor related issues to give me a "must read" list. To have a good grasp of the basics, at least.
(I hope the issue where Loki turns a whole street into ice-cream is included. )

And because I mentioned the 'Loki' 2004 issue, I went and dug it up so I could post something from it.
...Because you all shall suffer with me, and kneel in front of her majesty Angst.

*Summary of the story: Loki has finally got himself on the throne of Asgard, of course through epic scheming and allying with other up-to-no-good characters. After the throws Thor (and Sif) in prison and not even 5 minutes after he tastes his first clear moment of triumph, his allies start coming and asking to be repaid for their help. Loki realizes his plan isn't as flawless as he thought, and naturally things only go downhill from there*

This is right after Hela comes to ask for Thor's soul, and Loki's first reaction is more or less "WTF I never thought about killing Thor, I just wanted him humiliated", but she reminds him that his victory is doomed until Thor is around because nothing but death can stop the thunder god. Flashback time:

(I had completely forgotten Loki draws a heart in the dirt. Aww)
Old 09-20-2012, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, that art!

Fran, I haven't read that comic since it was released. I need to go back and reread it again. But yes, I will kneel in front of her majesty, Angst.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Fran . I adore the OP. Sooooooo pretty.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

All thanks to Kristine.
Quote:
Fran, I haven't read that comic since it was released. I need to go back and reread it again. But yes, I will kneel in front of her majesty, Angst.
It's really good. The art is very... atmospheric (can't think of a better word) - even with Loki looking super old and in desperate need of a dentist, lol. All the exchanges Loki has with the other characters appearing in the story tells a lot about his motivations and fragility, and his twisted way to react to things.
I read it a few weeks after rewatching Thor for the first time and I was looking for another outlet for my Thor/Loki feelings, but I wasn't prepared for my very first Thor comics story to be sadder than the end of the movie, ouch.

I saw someone refer to Thor and Loki as "B.B.F.s" (Best Bros Forever) and I think we could use for the first part of our title when we want to use an extra long quote.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Thanks! I'm glad the OP is liked Fran is gonna make us a Hiddlesworth section in there too,

Fran - I just noticed I forgot to round the borders on the header Can you replace it with this one when you get the chance?

Here's sexy Tom with my thanks-

and I love B.B.Fs! We just keep coming up with new thread names with these two

k r i s tine | my art
Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kris I know you only wanted to be nice and show your gratitude posting that gif... but I kept staring at it and forgetting what I was supposed to do.

...Ahem. Yeah, the banner! Got it.

P.S. I just spit water all over my keyboard:

credit

Bless you, cosplayers.

P.P.S. the Thor/Loki "messages" post has been further updated. Now it's absolutely perfect.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

OMG that gif Have you seen the one with Loki dancing like that in the horse stable?

Those notes Loving Steve, Tony, Bane, and Fury in those. I can't stop laughing, can;'t breathe...

Thanks for updating the header!

k r i s tine | my art
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top