Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2017, 07:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Long time, no post! Hello all Hello Anja!

Spent last year or so offline, tied up with life stuff, but can't quit the Kate entirely. All it took was for some downtime and the weird re-reading of old Three Rivers fic I wrote years ago, strangely and embarrassingly enough, to set me off on this weird weeks-long warp of re-watching ALL things Kate. I even watched the plane hostage movie she's in, Default - she's completely different in that and really intense and captivating.

So, I finally rolled around to Ray Donovan, which I tried to start a few years ago, but I got discouraged by the lack of Kate scenes and gave up. Second time's apparently the charm (and I've roped in a watching partner, so that helps) because we've been binging and are currently partway through season 3. I still don't care for the fact that they grossly underuse Kate/Lena and the main storylines can sometimes be really contrived and aggravating as a viewer (like, why are most of the main characters so unlikeable? Why are their actions so GD stupid? ) but I'm basically sticking with it for Lena, Avi and Terry.

Also, re: TLW reboot, firstly - enough with the reboots/revamps/revivals. Is everyone in Hollywood fresh out of original ideas? Secondly, while I'll always watch something just to see Kate, they had better use this as a way to address some of the issues with the original series, especially in this day and age, and create a show that is actually representative without being horribly offensive. I don't know, Ilene's still involved, so maybe I'm shooting for the stars here
Old 12-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Hey stranger! Seeing you here just reminded me you messaged me ages ago and I never replied, oops. Forgive me please?

I really wish I could enjoy Ray Donovan even a tiny bit, but I think it's a lost cause for me at this point Then again, I only ever made it halfway through season 2. But the main character(s) and the main story are soooo boring and annoying

I really hope with Ilene only on the project as producer and not head writer, it's gonna go a bit in a different direction and have some kind of impact that the original show never really had. Plus, Kate and Leisha and Jennifer are producers now and hold at least some sort of power, right? I think despite the fact that they all love the original show obviously, they realize it had its many flaws, so maybe they'll steer the revival into the right direction I'm actually really excited for the revival so far... let's see how that changes once we get actual information.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Hey stranger! Seeing you here just reminded me you messaged me ages ago and I never replied, oops. Forgive me please?
No worries at all - it was just in case you thought someone was creeping you on LJ!

I'm trying to get back into writing on the daily, and my current muses are Drs Miranda Foster and David Lee, because apparently they're having a revival in my head 8 years later I think it's mostly because Kate and Daniel are really, really nice to look at so I don't mind delving back into a mostly really bad show - oh Three Rivers, you had a nugget of potential about you but alas...

I completely understand about the RD thing - it's super hard to continue if you're not invested in any of the main characters or the main storylines bore you. I legit tune out some of the main stuff and wait (sometimes in vain) to see the (side) characters that are more interesting. Also, I'm hanging on for the Sarah Shahi episode so I can see a (faux) Sharmen onscreen reunion! Wondering if Kate's actually done with the show now that she's got the revival on her plate.

Yes, it will be interesting to see where this new series leads with the three actresses producing as well. I wonder how their characters are still interlinked because after the original series ended, I came across a lot of those Buzzfeed-type lists that made mention of how many things about the show didn't make sense and one thing that came up a lot was how someone like Shane was friends with someone like Bette (cue comments about Shane being a literal hot mess and a homeless-looking waif interacting with the power couple of WeHo).
Old 12-31-2017, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Aw man, despite how crappy and cheesy Three Rivers was at times, I have (probably a too large amount of) love for it. Especially Miranda and David! Their friendship/chemistry for more was lovelyyy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erstwhile (View Post)
I legit tune out some of the main stuff and wait (sometimes in vain) to see the (side) characters that are more interesting. Also, I'm hanging on for the Sarah Shahi episode so I can see a (faux) Sharmen onscreen reunion! Wondering if Kate's actually done with the show now that she's got the revival on her plate.
That is literally how I've been watching the show since... episode 2 probably. I really enjoy the kids, and one of the brothers, and Kate obviously. Basically everyone who's not involved in the neverending saga of Mickey and Ray and yes I think I'm at least gonna watch the Sharmen episode one day even though I suspect they will have 0.2 seconds of screentime together

As for Kate in the future of RD ... not actual spoilers below but more my speculation?
Spoiler:

I'm excited to see how (and if ) they will make the TLW reboot work!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Moennig not moving to New York? You're sure?

Anja,

That Moenning, contrary to your spoiler-concealed inference, might move to New York with the Ray Donovan show, or might already have done so, seems consistent with her having recently sold her home in Los Angeles. With the US 1.1 million she got from that she'll be able to afford a large closet in Manhattan. See news report of the sale here.

Moennig, who grew up in Philadelphia and attended acting school in New York, seems a fish out of water in the California culture. She might jump, or already have jumped, at the chance to move back home. She has also enjoyed acting in live theater in New York.

Of course, this is all idle speculation. We'll find out the truth soon enough.

Unfortunately, I, like you, can't stomach Ray Donovan. Someone should make a YouTube clip of just the Moennig scenes for us.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

Well actually, I was thinking she wouldn't make that move and leave the show after the current season. I don't know what's happening on the show currently, but where I stopped she was just Ray's assistant person and I don't know about you, but as a character I don't think that's enough motivation to follow him literally across the country. It doesn't make sense in the story to me.

As for Kate in real life, she seems very happy with her life in California, all her close friends are there (like Leisha), plus with the TLW reboot coming up in the near future, which is also gonna shoot in LA, I don't know why she'd want to leave California behind. Especially for a project that gives her 5 minutes of screen time per episode at best. But I guess you're right, we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I, like you, can't stomach Ray Donovan. Someone should make a YouTube clip of just the Moennig scenes for us.
That would be a short clip though, with lots of her on the phone to Ray.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Have we heard of any new projects of hers recently?
Old 04-23-2018, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

Not really She did Lane 1974 last year, but all we have apart from that is the L Word reboot which we have barely have info on, and Ray Donovan, which we also have no info on (I think?) whether she will be in the new season or not.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Well actually, I was thinking she wouldn't make that move and leave the show after the current season.
Looks like you might be right, Anja. The IMDB casting list for season 6, episode 1, of Ray Donovan does not include Moennig.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:06 AM
Elite Fan

Let's hope it stays that way But since we don't even have an air date yet, I doubt the IMDb cast list is complete already. I think I remember reading sth about how the show would do both stories in NYC and stories in LA featuring the old cast of characters?
Old 06-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am always a bit itchy about imdb info
Old 06-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

I am too, especially about stuff that hasn't happened yet. So let's just wait and see I guess
Old 07-11-2018, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think she's in the BTS pics for the new season of RD though, I've seen her in pictures with Liev?

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-11-2018, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Well guess we have to catch up on the last five seasons of the show then
Old 07-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not to exaggerate or to be over dramatic or anything but I would genuinely rather DIE

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]