Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow, love the OP, especially the Then & Now part. They've all gone on to some really great things, and it's kind of neat that so many names were attached to this one little show way back when.I came to the show for Kate Moennig, but I honestly fell in love with the whole cast. In a way YA was like a time capsule showcasing these actors and actresses before so many careers took off. I think it's sweet that if you trace it back, it could be said that YA was a starting point for some. I think that makes the show special

Thanks, Anja and Sheida for throwing this together and for keeping our little board safe and sound :backhug: You're the best!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Congrats on 10 Years!!!!! That says alot about this show and board and fanbase!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

10 years is amazing! Congrats!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

Wow Congrats
Old 07-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

congratulations guys what a big milestone cheers to you posers such great work
Old 07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on 10 years!

Chrissy |
Old 07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks everyone for stopping by

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Love the OP. And Mark looks so much better right now.
He sure does! No more manboobs though! What a shame...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken|smile (View Post)
I feel like we've been anticipating this for the past two years
I think I've seriously been waiting for this for the last 4 or 5 years or so. Because I'm weird and these things matter to me

Sheida, wouldn't we all want to run lines with Charlie all day, every day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
In a way YA was like a time capsule showcasing these actors and actresses before so many careers took off. I think it's sweet that if you trace it back, it could be said that YA was a starting point for some. I think that makes the show special
Aw, beautifully said! Now if only The Powers That Be would realize the importance of this little show and give us our DVD
Old 07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Ten years after: an anniversary present

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I first stumbled across Young Americans reading TV show transcripts without even an idea as to who played the parts, but even on paper; I fell in love with the characters, the stories and the relationships. I became mod of the board a year after reading the scripts and without even having seen the show yet!

- Sheida
That's truly fascinating, Sheida. Yes, neither the superb cast, nor the exquisite sets, nor even the superb camera work, but the stories and the characters are the appeal of "Young Americans." Specifically the Pratt-Fleming storyline, the magical retelling of old tales of true love in an inventive new way -- as almost every post on this thread testifies. Like Pratt, that story could be dressed in a bear skin, and we'd still be insanely attracted to it.

But given that the Pratt-Fleming story-line is developed so wordlessly, so much by body language and facial expression, how did you "get it" from the script? When you finally watched the show, how did it differ from the show you had imagined in reading the script?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I don't know what it was about this show that caught my attention, that made me want to do more than simply watch it. There was something about it, something that made it different than the rest. Maybe it was the setting, maybe it were the storylines, maybe it was the cast. ...

- Anja
I think its the myths, Anja, old myths of rebirth through true love, retold in a young way. ... YA caught my attention, too, ten years ago, when it first aired; then, I understood chiefly that I didn't understand it, but wanted to. Since stumbling across it again, in a format where I could re-watch it repeatedly, trying to understand it better has proven more rewarding than I could have imagined.

. . . . . . . . . . .*. . . . . . . . . . .*. . . . . . . . . . .*

I have an anniversary present for everyone: here. For now, only those with the link may view it, and I'm posting the link only here.

More will follow, to which, as this video's title implies, it is a prelude, but I'll describe that elsewhere, on the proper thread. Suffice it to say that by the end of YA's 10th anniversary, everyone may be able to watch "Young Americans" in the original English with the same visual quality now available online online only in the French- and Spanish- language versions. Except of course for the bits never broadcast in English, which will remain dubbed in French, with English captions. Making music videos is neither the only nor necessarily the best use to which video editing software may be put.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Wow, 10 years! What a great accomplishment! I was around when this board first got added, and we also had a website that we hosted for the show called Rawley Academy. I really liked Young Americans and I was so disappointed when it got canceled, but I'm happy to see that this board is still going strong. Congratulations everyone!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so proud of this board. Well done, girls. Love it.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Congrats!
Insurgent
Old 07-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, 10 years is very impressive! Congrats!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

congratulations! i can't believe it's been 10 years. YA is the reason why i discovered FF. YA will always be special to me. jake & hamilton will always be one of my favorite on screen couples of all time.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Congrats on 10 years