Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Alternate Versions

How about an alternate way of Hami finding out Jake's real gender?

Let me start us off by listing revelation versions of other gender-bending shows:
1. She's the Man -- Amanda Bynes' character, Viola, flashes Channing Tatum's Duke in the middle of a football match.
2. First Shop of Coffee Prince (Korean Drama) - Ha Rim (bestfriend) inadvertently tells the group that Eun Chan (girl pretending to be a guy) is really a girl just as Han Kyul (lead guy) was walking in.
3. Hana Kimi (Taiwan) - Ella is knocked unconscious, as she was falling over, Wu Shun catches her and accidentally cops a feel. (I bet you guys would love that).
4. Hana Kimi (Japan) - There are three revelations in this story
(a) Ashiya is visited by her brother and just as they were discussing her secret, Sano (lead guy) accidentally eavesdrop.
(b) Nakatsu (other guy in the love triangle, Sano-Ashiya-Nakatsu) walks in on Ashiya in the shower.
(c) The resident advisers (RA) or dormheads were investigating the "presence" of a girl in the all boys campus, peek in on Ashiya changing clothes in the broom closet.
5. Girl Got Game (manga) - Obsessed girls' team captain, Tsukaya, rips off Aizawa's (girl pretending to be a boy) corset, shirt and all, in front of Eniwa (lead guy).

Ideas anyone?

Last edited by lovea; 01-10-2009 at 02:00 AM
Old 01-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, really? No one has anything?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well we're all thinking

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 01-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

With this much thinking -- I'm psyched as to what you'll come up with.

I expect that this is would be my expression after reading your ideas.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Oh my, don't expect too much!

There's a German movie called Seventeen which is pretty similar to the YA concept. Girl accidentally gets mistaken for a boy when she enrolls at new boarding school, makes friends with guy, guy falls in love with her and thinks he's gay. Her gender is only revealed when two bullies beat her up (because they think she slept with bully #1's girlfriend). She then shows up at a party as a girl. here's the youtube link for that scene. I love that movie.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah absoloutely nothing comes to mind except the movie 'She's the man'

Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

How about this --
Jake asks Ham to help train her coxswain timing on one of the regatta boats. Ham agrees and says he also needs a bit more power training himself. But in order to sneak a boat out, they have to do it at dusk and by a thickety bend somewhere. So they set out. When they were on the water, they get into a clumsy miscalculation and Ham accidentally hits Jake on the head with the oar. She passes out and falls into the water. He comes after her and drags her back to land. By then, the moon has risen and the wind was beginning to pick up. He couldn't bring her back to the dorms or the clinic lest they be discovered filching a boat. So he brings her to the boathouse. He knew they would both catch a chill with their wet clothes plastered on them like that so he gets down to his skivvies and started doing the same on the still unconscious Jake.

I leave the rest to your imagination.

Last edited by lovea; 01-13-2009 at 09:00 AM
Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovea (View Post)
When they were on the water, they get into a clumsy miscalculation and Ham accidentally hits Jake on the head with the oar. She passes out and falls into the water. He comes after her and drags her back to land.
Not kidding, I once had a plotbunny for a YA fanfic that started exactly that way. But the rest of it was very crap, so I shall never write it, don't bother begging.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Come to think of it, getting hit by something on a boat and falling into the water passed out is fairly common in movies or tv. Like Goldie Hawn in Overboard. I also saw a couple of episodes from the CSI franchise with that scene going on.
"Stealing" a boat is not original either -- GG has it and I think Dawson's Creek has it too.
Maybe that's why it came to mind so easily.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And Hamilton just taking Jakes clothes off? that would have been weird, maybe he could have tried to bring her back with mouth to mouth?

Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Wednesday (View Post)
And Hamilton just taking Jakes clothes off? that would have been weird, maybe he could have tried to bring her back with mouth to mouth?
It's Hamilton -- it's supposed to be weird (and he's doing it in his skivvies). That's the beauty of the show, the more confused and weird Hamilton gets, the better. I vote for more confusion and weird stuff happening to Hamilton (of course all of them brought on by Jake).

Mouth to mouth is unnecessary since she's breathing on her own -- he got to her right away. She's passed out because of the blow on the head than oxygen deprivation.

Actually I was expecting to hear, "Jake should've been brought to the hospital because a blow to the head that causes one to pass out could be life-threatening." But this was WB we're talking about, pragmatism and reality has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by lovea; 01-14-2009 at 05:34 AM
Old 01-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Mouth to mouth is unnecessary since she's breathing on her own -- he got to her right away. She's passed out because of the blow on the head than oxygen deprivation.
But does he know that? or will his unconsiounce just see it as a chance to give mouth to mouth?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Wednesday (View Post)
But does he know that? or will his unconsiounce just see it as a chance to give mouth to mouth?
For the sake of the happy place in my head .... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh!!!!! Yeah!!!!

But actually, if he does know CPR, he'd check for pulse and breath sounds first before doing mouth to mouth.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah he doesnt seem like he knows that just seen enough movies to know what to do in a situation like that

Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

How about this as an alternate?

Jake gets injured on the upper torso. She's sent to the hospital for an x-ray. Doctors inadvertently find a lump in her breast (like Brenda in 90210 in the 90s). They talk about her case amongst themselves without knowing that Ham was within eavesdropping distance. (Similar case in ER -- dad overheard his teenage children slept together from gossiping nurses).