Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Extreme Fan

I like the red hair.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't mind it at all. Some women don't look too good with red hair. That isn't the case with Jessica.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

http://24.media.tumblr.com/27f08eee9...zalho1_400.jpg

Look! Jamaica Inn! So excited.

She looks like the perfect Gothic beauty/heroine.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

The book was great at suspense, always keeping you guessing who the REAL bad guy is. So I'm hoping the mini-series can pull it off too. And Mary and Jem's relationship is interesting aswell. Her choice at the very end is rather brave for a woman of her time. Jessica will rock that, I have no doubt. Assuming they keep to the book's plot and keep to the canon.

Last edited by baileycat; 03-28-2014 at 01:16 PM
Old 03-29-2014, 07:21 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshBench (View Post)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/27f08eee9...zalho1_400.jpg

Look! Jamaica Inn! So excited.

She looks like the perfect Gothic beauty/heroine.
I agree!

Old 03-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Don't you think they will show it on PBS?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Moderator Manager

Good question. I really hope so. It suits that network too.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Good question. I really hope so. It suits that network too.
Well, they showed Parades End and The Paradise and Mr. Selfridge and I think Sense and Sensibility.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Jessica Findlay Brown swaps polite society for a group of murderous wreckers in Jamaica Inn | Mail Online

More still from Jamaica Inn. She looks so serious in all of them! I suppose that's a Du Maurier novel for you!

So she didn't wear makeup during filming. Said it made no sense, given the period.

Seriously, who else could get away with that? No makeup and dirt all over her face and of course she still looks beautiful.

Don't you just kind of sort of hate her sometimes? LOL
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshBench (View Post)
Jessica Findlay Brown swaps polite society for a group of murderous wreckers in Jamaica Inn | Mail Online

More still from Jamaica Inn. She looks so serious in all of them! I suppose that's a Du Maurier novel for you!

So she didn't wear makeup during filming. Said it made no sense, given the period.

Seriously, who else could get away with that? No makeup and dirt all over her face and of course she still looks beautiful.

Don't you just kind of sort of hate her sometimes? LOL
Sigh. It just isn't fair is it? LOL!
Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Extreme Fan

The thing is Jessica is so NOT vain about her looks and doesn't seek the spotlight. And because of that I just admire her beauty more.

LOL did I just quote a One Direction sing?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Legs for miles. *jealous*

Stills from JI

Old 04-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for those love the first one

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Extreme Fan

I love that picture! So romantic with the flowery dress and the old, distressed wall. She looks especially beautiful there.

Was that the only picture?

Last edited by HarshBench; 04-03-2014 at 12:33 PM
Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its the first one. More will be in issue next week. "go behind the scenes of Jessica Brown Findlay's theatrical shoot" is what the Vogue UK website says.

ETA: Here's another one I found.

A BTS pic! Hope she had a wet suit on to keep her warm in that frigid water.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/d...indlay-3342514

Quote:
In the story Mary is horrified that almost the entire local community relies on smuggling because there is no other way to survive.

Joining in reluctantly, she discovers that the crimes involved are worse than she could ever have imagined.

She finds herself falling for Jem Merlyn, brother of her brutal uncle Joss, although she fights those feelings all the way.

The love story between Mary and Jem is a slow burner. Jessica, who confesses to being a hopeless romantic, says: “She hates herself for it and suppresses her attraction to him hugely. Despite her best efforts she is drawn to him and then various things come into play.

"How good is he? How bad is he? What will it mean for her life to follow her heart?”

On screen her performance is captivating – she even manages a convincing Cornish accent.

“I loved Mary’s stubbornness,” she says. “She’s always off on some stomp somewhere and then reluctantly going back and saying, ‘Yeah, I was wrong’.

“I love that she trusts her gut, goes with it and comes out at the end of it embracing the fact that it may not be for the better. She’s really flawed.”

Ultimately she wouldn’t have changed anything about the role. “It was the best job in the world,” she sighs. “I can’t detach myself from it at all.”

Even being pitched about in the sea?

“At the end of the day you get to go home and have a nice cup of tea and a warm dinner,” she says. “It was fine.”
So its airing on Easter Monday the 21st, then Tuesday and Wednesday. Really glad for this because Easter Sunday for me would be too busy to watch tv, so I'm glad I won't miss anything.

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co....ay/?ref=twtrec

I love that she says in the Vogue magazine interview that she doesn't own a scale. My kinda girl.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...e-corsets.html

Last edited by baileycat; 04-04-2014 at 04:40 PM