Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

The Lying Game Celebrates 25,000 Posts! Let the game continue...

The Lying Game 25,000 Posts Celebration!

The Lying Game Board ~ Congratulations on 25K

TESTIMONIALS
The Lying Game Board was born at the end of January in 2012. An enthusiastic group of fans had come together to share their love for this show, and campaign for a place of their own to celebrate The Lying Game. In only two months this board was celebrating their 10,000th post. Since then the show has been on hiatus, renewal news for season two was delayed for months, and yet we remain loyal fans. New enthusiasts are finding their way here to join us in our appreciation for the cast, crew, and storylines we are so happy to discuss. Our mutual obsession with the mysteries, schemes, relationships, and heartbreaks have bonded us together so that we have become a family. Four months after our first celebration we are gathering to celebrate again. Approaching our 25,000 posts achieved in just over six months with only one season of twenty episodes as the foundation is an amazing testimonial to the appeal of The Lying Game.

Months must pass before we see Sutton and Emma, Mads, Laurel, Ethan and Thayer on our screens once more. Months to wonder whether Kristen will be able to forgive Ted, or Sutton will ever come to appreciate Emma. We hope that Laurel will come to know the truth, and that Rebecca’s schemes will be discovered. We are hoping that Dan and Theresa will finally come together, and that Mads and Laurel will find trustworthy boyfriends. We want to see Char return to her friends, and Emma, Ethan, Sutton and Thayer work out some sort of truce so that they can all maintain their friendship. Although the wait is torture for us, we are so happy to have each other to commiserate, speculate, and reminisce with.

I would like to thank everyone for making this board such a wonderful place to be. Every poster has been polite, considerate, and caring of the whole community. I am so honored to be a moderator for this board. This is my home at Fan Forum, and you are all my friends and family.

Congratulations to you all, and continue to enjoy every wonderful moment! - webinterlude (Lynn)

I will always remember the day this board first opened. I honestly can't believe how quickly we have hit 25K! This is a phenomenal experience to be celebrating together. This newly developed shows fanbase just keeps growing constantly. So many people have been drawn in with feeling something for this series.
What I adore most about The Lying Game, is that it's this mysterious television show, which resolves through fun and games. At the end of each of the episodes, your heart is sent racing with the most important question "What's coming next!?" The storyline captivated me from the beginning. This is the story of two sisters who were separated young. Both sent opposite ways living a life of doom or luxury. Emma and Sutton. One twin who's manipulative, the other who acts similar to an angel. As a result to the making of the series so much is recognized through just one season. Love, passion, friendship, alliances. It's entirely different from anything I've ever came upon. Sutton sends sends shivers down your spine, cold, devilish young female who cannot control her actions. Her main goal is playing others into her twisted game. Emma the twin double just wants to live a normal life away from hassle. A luxury life has always interested her, she's always deserved better than being in foster care. Unlike Sutton she doesn't take advantage of what she's offered in life. She's highly appreciative of the family she's gained in the process of mimicking Sutton. Sutton drives herself further apart from her family, creating that barrier between them all.
All of the characters are tricky, very unpredictable and as equally strong. They all hold a dark secret hidden deep within the shadows, terrified that it will be unleashed at any time of day. I'm seriously overjoyed that we have been offered a season two. I can't wait to see what The Lying Game has in store for the future. - Moonlight_shine (Katie)

25K is finally here! I am so excited to be celebrating this milestone with all the wonderful posters we have here! It has been a great experience to see this board grow & thrive! Even though we haven't moved as fast as some other boards, hitting 25K in less than a year is pretty great! I can't thank my co-mods, Kat & Lynn, enough for being apart of this board and helping me out! Without you guys, I would be lost! Everyone here is a family & I am grateful to have this community to enjoy one of my new favorite shows! Thanks again to everyone for making this celebration one we'll never forget! - Stay Strongღ (Jessica)

The Lying game is one of my favorite shows and it always has me at the edge of my bed… i've been hooked since the first episode!
Between all the drama with all the characters I still manage to love this show (and there happens to be lots of drama) I NEED THE SHOW BACK NOW I can't last any longer and i am truly missing Sutton and her aggravating ways… Lastly what makes this show amazing is this board here Everyone's comments and thoughts on the show makes me so excited to watch and tune in Thanks everyone especially the mods who are amazing Congrats to 25K!!! - SLAT92 (Cass)

I had first tuned into the lying game at the very beginning of the show, I didnt read the books till later on but I was immidately hooked on the show. I think the cast are amazing and I really love the suspense and drama it brings. It can either make me very happy, excited, mad or sad but I think if a show such as the lying game as done for me then its a pretty good show to watch. My favorite Character is Emma because you can just relate to her in so many levels and she just makes you feel for her as the underdog and why we should root for her to get her happy ever after at some point. I love her relationship with Ethan I think they share more in common then Ethan and sutton just based on how they grew up and the way they grew up having to relying on themselves most of the times. I like the sister rivarly sometimes with Emma and Sutton and I hope they spread Sutton out more because I think she has a lot of flaws that can be explored as well as having a better relationship with Emma.

I can't wait to see more developed when the show returns on January first... - ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (Tiana)

I couldn't be more happy and proud than I am right now that we finally made it to 25k! This is such an amazing milestone, especially because the show has been on hiatus for such a long time now. But even though it is on a hiatus at the moment, we still don't seem to be running out of things to say. Though I can't wait for the show to finally come back, because discussing new episodes with everyone makes my love for the show grow even more.
I am very happy and proud to mod a board that I love this much and I've been having such a blast co-modding with Jessica and Lynn. I seriously couldn't have asked for better co-mods.
I'm also very proud of the posters and loyal fans, because without you guys, this board wouldn't have come so far. We are such a dedicated bunch of posters and I feel like we've really become a family over the past few months. No matter if we have insightful discussions, fangirl over Blair or Ethan/Emma, rewatch episodes and get excited when we get new stuff, we always have a lot of fun.
I've already been a big fan of the show when we posted in our little campaign thread, but when we got our own board I literally got obsessed. Getting our own board and hitting 10k shortly after was amazing, but hitting 25k is incredibly amazing. I'm so proud of us! Thank you to all the posters for making this place awesome. Hope there's many more celebrations to come, and now let's celebrate everyone! - simply be mine (Kat)

~secretlife esminovela (Deb)

~submitted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (Tiana)

ICONS Part I

~webinterlude (Lynn)

~Moonlight_shine (Katie)

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Last edited by Always & Forever; 09-30-2012 at 05:58 PM
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

ICONS Part II

~simply be mine (Kat)

~skje (Judith)

~lulu-144 (Lucy)

~credit unknown

The characters we have come to know & love (or hate!)

Sutton Mercer lives every girl's dream with doting parents, wild popularity, a magic closet, and her every wish fulfilled. Tired of her boyfriends, lying games and schemes, Sutton discovers a sudden interest in finding her birth mother. Starting with a fake birth certificate and the help of her friend's brother, Thayer Rybak, Sutton uncovers the existence of and tracks down her long-lost twin sister, Emma Becker, hidden in the foster system of Nevada. Angry with her adoptive parents for keeping her in the dark, she sets off to find her birth mother, leaving her twin sister Emma in her place. Sutton turns to Thayer for shelter and help in her search. Sutton becomes increasingly unhappy with Emma’s success in her impersonation, but refuses to return home. Sutton pursues multiple false trails to her birth mother, and eventually makes her way back home, seeking revenge on her twin for stealing her life. After a nearly fatal accident, Sutton finds that remaining in hiding gives her the freedom to pursue her plots, and her old boyfriend.

Abandoned by the only mother she ever knew, Emma grew up in foster care, shuttled from home to home, always wishing for a family of her own. The discovery of a twin sister is a dream come true. Betrayed by her foster family, Emma turns to her sister for help, and finds herself stepping into her twin's shoes. Against her better judgement Emma impersonates Sutton while Sutton searches for their birth mother. Emma discovers Sutton's many deceptions, and is discovered in turn by Ethan, Sutton's secret boyfriend. Emma is helped in her impersonation of Sutton by Ethan, and his loyalty, support, and sensitivity capture her heart. Trying her best to fill her sister's shoes, Emma's kind nature and loving heart endear her to those around her. Family and friends rejoice at the improved relationships with the new Sutton. Emma comes to love them and yearns for acceptance as her true self. Learning of Sutton's imminent return seeking revenge, and wanting to flee with Ethan from her twin's wrath, still she can't abandon her sister in a time of danger and becomes enmeshed in Sutton’s plots. Although deeply in love with Ethan and willing to do anything for him, her twin's interference in the relationship brings it to the edge of ruin, and Emma to heartbreak.

Denied by his father, Ethan Whitehorse leaves the reservation to live with his brother Dan. Shunned by his peers, Ethan’s only occupations are his motorcycles and getting into trouble. A secret relationship with Sutton Mercer adds excitement to his days and nights. Ethan is confused by Sutton’s odd behavior, and finally tracking her down, he kisses her only to discover that Emma is impersonating her twin sister. Intrigued by Emma, and her desire to help Sutton, Ethan assists her in the deception. Ethan comes to care deeply for the strong, selfless and loyal girl he never imagined he would find, and realizing Sutton's disregard for him, breaks up with Sutton to be with Emma. Ethan does everything he can to protect Emma, and help her gain Sutton’s acceptance, and thereby a family. Ethan is determined to stay with Emma whatever happens, and wherever she goes. Sutton’s attempts to trick and seduce him cause him trouble and bring pain to Emma. In his time of desperation, Sutton tempts Ethan to revisit the past, but one kiss makes him realize that Emma is the only one for him. Wanting always to be honest with Emma, he risks her love by admitting his mistake. Under siege by Sutton, Ethan must fight to win back Emma’s trust.

Abandoned by her mother who left to pursue a dance career, Mads has been a loyal daughter to her domineering and busy father, Alec. Wanting a close family tie, Mads is heartbroken when her only ally at home, her brother Thayer, rebels against their father's harsh edicts and leaves to pursue his own dream. Getting lost in her dancing, Mads finds love with her dream partner, Eduardo, only to lose him when her father chases him out of town. All hope is dashed after Eduardo is injured in an automobile accident. Her only support, her friends Char and Sutton, are often more demanding than helpful. Mads has the constant task of shoring up Char's failing self-esteem, and protecting her from Sutton's sharp wit. The Mercers and Rybaks are old family friends, but Mads is careful of Sutton's wilder starts. Lately, Mads has notice a change in Sutton who has been more supportive and caring, Mads opens up more to Sutton until she is betrayed once again. And in the fallout, Mads discovers a true friend in Emma.

Growing up part of a privileged social circle, Thayer has led the ideal life. Childhood memories are full of fun times with his father Alec, his loving sister Mads, and the daughter of old family friends, Sutton Mercer. Struck by Sutton’s incredible energy and confidence, he has been in love with her since childhood. Suffocated by the needs of his controlling father, Thayer leaves home to follow his own dream. Thayer uses his talents with technology to help his friend Sutton track down her birth mother, but instead finds that she has a twin sister, Emma. When Sutton arrives in LA seeking his continued help, he puts aside his work and finds himself more deeply attracted to her than ever. His hopes rise when Sutton’s boyfriend breaks up with her for Emma, but are dashed again as Sutton tells him that their intimacy was a mistake. Broken hearted, Thayer leaves for a visit with his sister, and to check out the twin situation back home. Thayer becomes involved with the deception by helping Emma, and when Sutton disappears he is on the spot to search for her. Sutton’s continued rejection and determined pursuit of Ethan, coupled with her vengeful behavior to Emma give Thayer food for thought. As he continues to help Emma, he gets to know her, and sees in her goodness a chance for sanity in his own life. When Emma feels betrayed by Ethan, Thayer realizes his chance has come.

Char is an only child whose father is often away working while her mother is struggling with an alcohol dependency. Char’s only other family member is a long lost Aunt, Annie Sewell. Char must depend on her friends Mads and Sutton for moral support and practical help dealing with her dysfunctional home life. Char admires Sutton's flair and confidence, and sees herself as Pippa to Sutton's Kate. Lately Sutton has been uncharacteristically defending Char and encouraging her to stand up to her mother. Her friend’s support encourages Char to explore a relationship with bad boy Derek. Char's Aunt Annie Rebecca suddenly returns to her life just in time to take charge when Char's mother goes away for treatment. Char must leave her home and her friends to live with her father.

Laurel Mercer is the unexpected child born after her parents had adopted a daughter. Smart, quiet and obedient, Laurel takes second place to her sister Sutton. Laurel admires and envies her sister's ability to get everything she wants, and would love nothing more than to be accepted by Sutton. Treated by Sutton as a bother and a nuisance, Laurel remains in the background, undemanding and seldom noticed until Emma comes to turn over a new leaf for Sutton. With the encouragement of her new sister, Laurel blooms personally and socially. A new boyfriend and acceptance to the wolf pack gives Laurel confidence and companionship. The newfound relationship with her sister allows Laurel to indulge in all the loving closeness she has always dreamt of having with her sister, including supporting her sister in her relationship with Ethan. Laurel's growing self confidence enables her to display her musical talents to the world for the first time. When Sutton betrays her trust, Laurel forgives her, and stands by her sister when trouble is all around them.

~secretlife esminovela (Deb)

~skje (Judith)

Thanks to Lynn & Kat for the banners (not already credited)
& to Lynn for the character descriptions!

Last edited by Always & Forever; 09-30-2012 at 11:06 AM
Old 09-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Celebrate! 25,000 Posts!

Thank you Jessica for the wonderful job on the OP. And thanks to everyone who contributed to the celebration! I'm so excited we are finally here!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

WHEW!! I feel like I can breathe again!

This is my 2nd board today celebrating a milestone! So, it's been a busy day for me!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Congratulations Jessica! You came through for us again! Enjoy your day, you deserve the best!
I also feel relieved to have made it here! Finally!

Old 09-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh the OP is just so stunning!

Congrats on the 25K
Old 09-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

WE DID IT!

Jess, the OP looks gorgeous! Thanks again for putting everything together. Reading everyone's testimonials and the character descriptions right now.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

The OP is big , glad that so many people participated
Congrats !!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on 25k & gorgeous op!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Lovely...congrats
Old 09-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thank, everyone! I'm finally back home from visiting family and am making my signature!

Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on 25k posts! Such a fantastic milestone! Special congrats to Jess!

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thank you, Lizy!

Old 09-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Gosh, all the testimonials are awesome, and we got so many icons, and the banners and arts! And Deb, that video is great! Thank you!

Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Well done guys