Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I don't think either guy was necessarily the "good" guy or the "bad" guy. Were Noah's comments inappropriate? Sure. But so was Travis' "Well, the music doesn't bother me," shrugging off.

It might have been better if it had come from Bay instead because a) it was HER party and b) Travis and Bay have sort of a friendship.

But I agree that at times it feels like the hearing kids aren't doing enough. It's very much an us vs them scenario.
Like Emmett said, that fight was a long time coming..
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep agree guys.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree w/ you guys..

Plus would you mind to add me on the list??

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Added
Old 02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I agree w/ you guys..

Plus would you mind to add me on the list??
Welcome!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Thanks..

I hope that he need to talk to someone about it than pretend that it wasn't big deal...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like him. Can you add me?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Added
Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

I'll be added too please
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I'll be added too please
Added
Old 02-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Welcome Heather!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

I like Noah. Please add me, too.

Lizzy Weiss is doing something interesting with this character. She has Noah cast as Romeo in the Carlton play, and LW has always said that Emmett & Bay are a modern day Romeo & Juliet.

Then, in the last episode (Human/Need/Desire), Bay tells Noah, "Don't forget me when you're the next James Franco."

James Franco is known for his lead role in television's Freaks and Geeks, but also, for playing the titular character in the TV biographical film, James Dean. On Switched at Birth, Emmett is the Deaf James Dean. So what is Lizzy Weiss telling the audience?

These two choices for Noah's character cannot be a coincidence. LW is purposefully comparing Noah to Emmett. I wonder if LW is setting up Emmett with some true competition for Bay's affection OR if LW is going to eventually pair Noah with Daphne and give Daphne a love interest equal in importance to the one for Bay with Emmett.

LW must like Romeo and James Dean quite a bit to compare both of her leading men (for Daphne and Bay's affection) to BOTH of these two characters.

Interesting.

As to the ongoing debate about Noah's comments to Travis, Noah did hit "below the belt" with the comment about Travis sounding like a seal. Noah knew it, too. He told Bay that he deserved to be punched.

I would like to point out, though, that Travis was the instigator at every turn. When Noah asks him to turn down the music because it is too loud, Travis says, "Not for me."

When Noah unplugs the music and Travis asks him to give it back, Noah signs that he is not going to give it back because it was too loud.

Then, Travis does something REALLY rude. Travis flails his arms all around and puts on a face like a monkey, mocking Noah's poor signing. When Travis made fun of the way Noah signs and called him a mimicking monkey, he opened the door for Noah to make fun of the way Travis speaks and call him a seal. The entire exchange between the two boys was filled with anger and frustration. I see it as pretty realistic given their circumstances. I do not believe either character was in the wrong more than the other, but Travis was the instigator. He does seem really angry, and he is directing much of his anger on the hearing, probably because of his family situation.

Here's another interesting parallel. At her anti-Valentine's Day party, Bay tells Natalie that she is sure Noah likes her one minute, and the next, "he is treating me like some distant cousin." That's almost the exact same thing as Daphne told Emmett when she was lamenting the way Chef Jeff was treating her last season.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I like Noah. Please add me, too.

Added.

Quote:

These two choices for Noah's character cannot be a coincidence. LW is purposefully comparing Noah to Emmett. I wonder if LW is setting up Emmett with some true competition for Bay's affection OR if LW is going to eventually pair Noah with Daphne and give Daphne a love interest equal in importance to the one for Bay with Emmett.

LW must like Romeo and James Dean quite a bit to compare both of her leading men (for Daphne and Bay's affection) to BOTH of these two characters.

Interesting.

I think it's possible that Lizzy is making Noah for Daphne because I hate how they haven't given Daphne a real love of her life like Emmett has.

Quote:

As to the ongoing debate about Noah's comments to Travis, Noah did hit "below the belt" with the comment about Travis sounding like a seal. Noah knew it, too. He told Bay that he deserved to be punched.

I would like to point out, though, that Travis was the instigator at every turn. When Noah asks him to turn down the music because it is too loud, Travis says, "Not for me."

When Noah unplugs the music and Travis asks him to give it back, Noah signs that he is not going to give it back because it was too loud.

Then, Travis does something REALLY rude. Travis flails his arms all around and puts on a face like a monkey, mocking Noah's poor signing. When Travis made fun of the way Noah signs and called him a mimicking monkey, he opened the door for Noah to make fun of the way Travis speaks and call him a seal. The entire exchange between the two boys was filled with anger and frustration. I see it as pretty realistic given their circumstances. I do not believe either character was in the wrong more than the other, but Travis was the instigator. He does seem really angry, and he is directing much of his anger on the hearing, probably because of his family situation.
Both were wrong in this but Travis did start it by mocking Noah which opened the door for him to mock Travis.

Quote:

Here's another interesting parallel. At her anti-Valentine's Day party, Bay tells Natalie that she is sure Noah likes her one minute, and the next, "he is treating me like some distant cousin." That's almost the exact same thing as Daphne told Emmett when she was lamenting the way Chef Jeff was treating her last season.
I think Noah does like Bay but is still hesitant because of Emmett.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I think Noah does like Bay but is still hesitant because of Emmett.
Yes, I agree. And I think Jeff liked Daphne, but he was hesitant because of the age difference. Jeff seemed like more of a player, whereas, Noah seems like a good guy.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome ollibear! Good post! Those connections to all those references/parallels is very interesting. You guys already know how I hope this will all go down.

Yeah I agree I do think Noah likes Bay.