Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Oh yeah with Brandon and Callie they definitely did that ,
I don't watch The Fosters, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I like Brandon and Callie. The whole brother/sister thing doesn't bother me at all.

Is Callie really supposed to be only 16 now? If they've been on the air for almost 3 years, does that mean Callie was only 13, when the show premiered?

I'd like to see Callie old enough to be honest about her feelings for Brandon and work towards a solution. It seems a shame that things need to drag on for years. That's tedious.

Hey, can someone tell me the name of a TV show where a couple has the kind of chemistry that Bay and Emmett share AND the couple is allowed to actually be a couple and face conflicts together as a team?

I'd love to watch a TV series like that. I'm over the star-crossed lover crap. A little bit of it at the beginning makes it fun to see how the two people overcome adversity to BECOME a couple, but then, once they ARE a couple, I don't want to see them torn apart year after year after year.

That is the kiss of death to a TV series, in my opinion.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

I feel like Nathan and Haley on OTH were like that. Although at one point they did split up for awhile, but they really were the core of the entire show and a pretty stable relationship. I always thought their chemistry was great and that they built each other up.

Current programming? I can't think of any stable relationships. And anything ever on ABC Family/Freeform? I also can't think of anything.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 03-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is Callie really supposed to be only 16 now? If they've been on the air for almost 3 years, does that mean Callie was only 13, when the show premiered?
Callie is 17, and though the show has been on for three years, in the show's timeline, it's only been one year.

I have given up on logic and time in shows I have decided. On other shows, three seasons = one year. On SAB, Lily's pregnancy went by quite fast.

Quote:
I feel like Nathan and Haley on OTH were like that. Although at one point they did split up for awhile, but they really were the core of the entire show and a pretty stable relationship. I always thought their chemistry was great and that they built each other up.
Yeah, Nathan and Haley were pretty stable as far as TV couples go.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

I don't watch The Fosters, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I like Brandon and Callie. The whole brother/sister thing doesn't bother me at all.

I'd like to see Callie old enough to be honest about her feelings for Brandon and work towards a solution. It seems a shame that things need to drag on for years. That's tedious.

Hey, can someone tell me the name of a TV show where a couple has the kind of chemistry that Bay and Emmett share AND the couple is allowed to actually be a couple and face conflicts together as a team?

I'd love to watch a TV series like that. I'm over the star-crossed lover crap. A little bit of it at the beginning makes it fun to see how the two people overcome adversity to BECOME a couple, but then, once they ARE a couple, I don't want to see them torn apart year after year after year.

That is the kiss of death to a TV series, in my opinion.
Yeah and they had her be adopted 5o make things worse
Old 03-02-2016, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah and they had her be adopted 5o make things worse
Maybe Brandon could go to court to have his legal ties to his mothers severed.

On a serious note, Kimberly Mays divorced her father, back in the day. Children do something feel a need to take action. If Brandon wants to be with Callie, that would be one way to do it. He would no longer be her brother.

It's all sort of silly, though. They aren't biologically related. Why should it matter?
Old 03-03-2016, 01:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's all sort of silly, though. They aren't biologically related. Why should it matter?
I'm pretty sure there are still laws against it in the state of California. Anyway, the stupid thing is that they had brought in Callie's biological father who wanted her and they could have easily just let her go with him and since Jude was adopted by the Adams-Fosters she would still be their family and then she could be with Brandon. Basically, they wrote themselves an out and then didn't take it.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
I'm pretty sure there are still laws against it in the state of California. Anyway, the stupid thing is that they had brought in Callie's biological father who wanted her and they could have easily just let her go with him and since Jude was adopted by the Adams-Fosters she would still be their family and then she could be with Brandon. Basically, they wrote themselves an out and then didn't take it.
Yep! Exactly. I understand Callie was worried that it would affect Jude, but she talked to him about it, and while he wasn't jumping for joy at the thought of her living with her bio dad, he accepted it.

The show wants to have its cake and eat it too. That's the whole situation in a nutshell. But it doesn't make for good storytelling. You can't claim the narrative is Callie gave up the one person she truly loves (Brandon) because she thought she would get adopted.....and then have Callie only go to Brandon when something interferes with her adoption. Because for me, what I get out of it is there's an attraction between them, but for Callie, it was more important for her to have a stable family.

And since she could have had that with Robert, me thinks Callie loves The Fosters fam more than she is "in love" with Brandon. But she was so used to being disappointed and hurt that she self-sabotaged initially and kissed Brandon. And that then started the whole mess.

But I also really don't care for them so....
Old 03-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is just dumb because if the truth comes out which we all know it will. Then her adoption will be messed with.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

If the truth ever comes out. I've heard they want to stick with them being star crossed lovers meaning they can never be happy together. Ugh. I really go back and forth about catching up on the show in the next break.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
If the truth ever comes out. I've heard they want to stick with them being star crossed lovers meaning they can never be happy together. Ugh. I really go back and forth about catching up on the show in the next break.
Ugh I am so tired of it too
Old 03-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ugh I am so tired of it too
Star-crossed lovers are only good if the writers show them overcoming their obstacles to end up together. If all viewers see is one devastation after another, the story loses its soul.

What's been happening on PLL, after the A reveal of last season?

What happened on The Fosters this week? Anything good? What's going on with Brandon and Callie?
Old 03-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Star-crossed lovers are only good if the writers show them overcoming their obstacles to end up together. If all viewers see is one devastation after another, the story loses its soul.

What's been happening on PLL, after the A reveal of last season?

What happened on The Fosters this week? Anything good? What's going on with Brandon and Callie?
I didnt watch it this week

Next week it looks like Brandon and callie want to tell the truth and be together.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Next week it looks like Brandon and callie want to tell the truth and be together.
They are legally brother and sister now...that's creepy. But I finally looked it up. It's not illegal. Just uncomfortable.

"Finally, a relationship is only considered incestuous in California if it involves people who have one of a defined list of family relationships: parent/child, ancestor/descendant, siblings, half-siblings, uncle/niece, or aunt/nephew. This means that it will not be considered the crime of California incest if, for example, the following people have sex: Cousins, Adopted siblings, Stepparents and stepchildren, Stepsiblings, or A half-uncle and his half-niece, or a half-aunt and her half-nephew." Penal Code 285 PC

Old 03-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Interesting. Thanks for the info, Kassie.

Yeah, it's not illegal, but for many, squicky.

It depends on the situation. For example, my aunt dated her first cousin, but both of them were way beyond child rearing age (were both divorced etc with grown children and grandchidlren). Likewise, my great aunt (maternal grandmother's sister) also married her cousin for her second marriage. But again, she wasn't able to get pregnant (or more like it was deadly for her to get pregnant as she could internally bleed to death) so there wasn't a concern about genetic problems when having children.

I don't know. I guess it really depends on the situation. Like my mom has been in my brother and sister's lives since they were six and four. My brother is actually turning 43 today. Happy birthday to him! So, yeah, no, I couldn't ever imagine a situation where this particular stepparent/stepchild relationship veered into something else altogether. Gross.

That would be one hell of a Jerry Springer episode
Old 03-16-2016, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Interesting. Thanks for the info, Kassie.

Yeah, it's not illegal, but for many, squicky.

It depends on the situation. For example, my aunt dated her first cousin, but both of them were way beyond child rearing age (were both divorced etc with grown children and grandchidlren). Likewise, my great aunt (maternal grandmother's sister) also married her cousin for her second marriage. But again, she wasn't able to get pregnant (or more like it was deadly for her to get pregnant as she could internally bleed to death) so there wasn't a concern about genetic problems when having children.

I don't know. I guess it really depends on the situation. Like my mom has been in my brother and sister's lives since they were six and four. My brother is actually turning 43 today. Happy birthday to him! So, yeah, no, I couldn't ever imagine a situation where this particular stepparent/stepchild relationship veered into something else altogether. Gross.

That would be one hell of a Jerry Springer episode
For me, if Callie and Brandon had grown up together, like Bay and Toby did, then yes, that would be weird.

But Brandon didn't meet Callie until they were both teenagers. For all we know, he was attracted to her the first time he saw her (and vice versa). So when they first felt an attraction, they probably didn't think of each other as a sibling.

So for me, it's not weird or gross or anything of the sort. It's just a legal label now that it's happened this late in the game.

I remember reading about a slightly older man who legally adopted his adult male sexual partner, before gay marriage was legal. They both wanted to have rights, and at the time, adoption was the only way to guarantee those legal rights.

And then, when gay marriage was legalized, the man could not marry his partner, because they were father and son. I understand that labels are important, that labels signify something. But at the same time, those labels shouldn't stand in the way of what is right.

I don't know if Brandon and Callie are meant to be together or not, but I don't think Callie's adoption should stop them, if they are meant to be together.