Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Addicted Fan

i wonder how they intend to integrate emmett into 4b. i can't imagine emmett can afford to keep flying from LA to KC
Old 06-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
i wonder how they intend to integrate emmett into 4b. i can't imagine emmett can afford to keep flying from LA to KC
My guess is that we will see him in an alternate universe, of some sort.

And then, I have a feeling that we'll see him in LA, separated from everyone but Skye.

And also, I have a feeling that they might do a location shoot, where he will interact with some of the other characters.

And maybe he will even travel to KC once during the season. I doubt he travels there more than once, though.

There is a good chance we won't see much of Emmett at all.

As bad as the constant parade of meaningless guest stars has been over the years, the worst thing to ever happen, in the entire series, has been to see so little of Emmett.

Emmett adds depth and heart to the show. We have been robbed of his presence.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
My guess is that we will see him in an alternate universe, of some sort.

And then, I have a feeling that we'll see him in LA, separated from everyone but Skye.

And also, I have a feeling that they might do a location shoot, where he will interact with some of the other characters.

And maybe he will even travel to KC once during the season. I doubt he travels there more than once, though.

There is a good chance we won't see much of Emmett at all.

As bad as the constant parade of meaningless guest stars has been over the years, the worst thing to ever happen, in the entire series, has been to see so little of Emmett.

Emmett adds depth and heart to the show. We have been robbed of his presence.
I miss Emmett.

The more the writers rob me of seeing his character, the more important Emmett becomes.

In Seasons 1A and 1B, I loved Emmett, but I loved the other characters, too.

Since Season 1B, and the disappearance of Emmett, my love for the other characters has dimmed considerably.

Bay is the only other character I still love passionately.

The more the writers rob me of seeing Emmett, the more important Emmett becomes.

I wish the writers would offer viewers more of a balance with both Emmett and Toby and place much less focus on guest stars.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

It's funny. Writing can always be great, but with a different or dare I say lesser actor, the character wouldn't be the same.

Sean is very talented and the show doesn't utilize him nearly enough. They should be thankful they have someone as good instead of someone mediocre.

I think in someone else's hands, Emmett as a character just wouldn't have been as appealing. And that always says a lot about an actor when they can do that.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
It's funny. Writing can always be great, but with a different or dare I say lesser actor, the character wouldn't be the same.

Sean is very talented and the show doesn't utilize him nearly enough. They should be thankful they have someone as good instead of someone mediocre.

I think in someone else's hands, Emmett as a character just wouldn't have been as appealing. And that always says a lot about an actor when they can do that.
So true.

In my heart, I believe the writers and producers do recognize how gifted Sean Berdy is.

I hope they do.

He is absolutely what drew me into Switched at Birth and what keeps me there.

I love that the writing is strong and powerful and that Sean Berdy's delivery of it makes it resonate in ways I never imagined a TV show, or any fictional story, could do.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
So true.

In my heart, I believe the writers and producers do recognize how gifted Sean Berdy is.

I hope they do.

He is absolutely what drew me into Switched at Birth and what keeps me there.

I love that the writing is strong and powerful and that Sean Berdy's delivery of it makes it resonate in ways I never imagined a TV show, or any fictional story, could do.
I hope they do too.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I hope they do too.
If you search Sean Berdy's name on Twitter and read all of the things tweeted about him, it's pretty amazing.

Other actors, like Austin Butler and Ross Lynch are wildly popular, with many more followers, but there is something special about the type of tweet that Sean Berdy receives. Many of the messages seem to be more heartfelt and personal. I think that's cool.

I still say that Sean Berdy reminds me more of Paul Newman than any other actor.

On another note, in an interview with iDeafNews, Sean Berdy said that he recently talked to the executives at ABC Family about projects for Deaf actors.

Then, just this week, I saw that ABC Family is currently casting for the role of a 10 year old Deaf girl, in their new pilot.

That's great!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

I've been doing this for other characters, now for Emmett

Favorite Emmett moment:
Least favorite Emmett moment:
Best (romantic) Emmett ship:
Best non-romantic Emmett ship:
Where do you see Emmett five years after the show ends:
Anything else you want to add:
Old 07-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Favorite Emmett moment:

There are many moments with Emmett that stand out, but my favorites are when he sees that he has done something wrong and tries as hard as he can to fix it.

For example, after he told Bay that he slept with Simone and tried so hard to make her forgive him.

When he upset Bay by blowing up at her for not knowing how to fingerspell "bet" and told her all he wanted was her.

When he offered to move back to KC after he got mad at Bay for sleeping with Tank but found out that is was rape.

One of my least favorite moments with Emmett was when he got angry at Bay for convincing his dad to give up custody and slept with Simone. I almost cried because at that moment, I knew Bay and Emmett and Bay were going to break up.

Bay and Emmett, of course.

Probably either Toby and Emmett or Melody and Emmett.

Probably as a filmmaker in LA. Hopefully with Bay. :brokenheart

Emmett is like Bay for me in that he is so well written, he almost seems real.

Last edited by SaB-Lover:); 07-17-2015 at 08:59 PM Reason: spacing
Old 07-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Favorite Emmett moment:

Again, quite a few here. One was definitely right after Bay found out about Regina knowing the truth. He sees how much pain Bay is in and rather than try to rationalize it or explain it, he lets her cry. Which is what she needed. She didn't need someone to justify Regina's decision (since really it was bullcrap if we're being honest). What Bay really needed in that moment was someone to hold her and just let her feel the way she was feeling.

I also like Emmett making stickers out of Bay's art. Yes, that was when he was acting like a butt and in his downward spiral, but he was proud of her.

And lastly, the scene where he tells her that Angelo's wishes regarding DNR was what mattered.

Simone is obvious. But I really disliked it when he told Bay he wouldn't wait around for her as she didn't realize Noah was into Daphne. It really bugged me. I love Emmett, but it's crappy to tell someone it's their fault that they're essentially being cheated on or whatever. I do think it came from a place of genuine frustration that Bay had chosen to date Noah and he ended up hurting her, but yeah, still. Could have been said a lot more delicately.

Also, him demanding to see the Ty e-mails was not his best moment. Ugh. Cringe.

Bay.

Probably Daphne although their relationship is tainted to me now.

Doing photography alongside film making. I don't believe it has to be one or the other. And like Bay, I hope he is just genuinely happy.

I still love Emmett. I know a lot of people are being hard on him, and I probably don't defend him as much as I should, but he's still a good guy.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh yes I absolutely loathe those moments in 210 and 119. And 120 ofc. I'm still pretty mad at him so I have more to add too. But maybe later. I hope 4b has good Emmett moments.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

We need more moments with Emmett without drama.

Seriously, I just want to see him and the rest of these characters happy.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:59 PM
Addicted Fan

i really really hope they mention emmett's baby brother one of these days. i'd prefer actually seeing emmett interact with his little brother, but i'll take just a mention at this point.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Can we flash forward some years? Cause Emmett has some stories for his baby bro.

"So. before your mom, our Dad dated this chick who sold drugs from the garage. And tried to get me and Aunt Bay (shhhh don't ruin my fantasy) to mate like, how did she describe it? Right, giant Pandas."

"No way! I wish my mom would try to mate me with my girlfriend. Actually, I wish I had a girl as cool as Aunt Bay. You're lucky, Em."

"I know I am. And we'll find you someone, little bro."

"Awesome. So....what other dad stories do you have?"

Old 07-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Aw. I want bay/Emmett family scenes so badly. Like how cute would they be spending an afternoon babysitting emmetts bro and bays little sister.