Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yeah, dating within the hearing community posed more of a challenge for Emmett, I think - at least moreso than Daphne. Wilke/Daphne will always be my number 1 (there was potential there in SL for Wilke and taking learning how to 'sign' seriously) but I'm sure they could find new relationship issues to explore even between Scuba/Daphne.
Yeah, I think Daphne's always been more open to dating hearing guys, so I'm sure that wouldn't necessarily be a source of conflict for Scuba and her, but there's always ways to make a relationship challenging, especially in the world of Switched. Given that they are both in the same field, they could play with career promotion and competition. Always gets nasty when two people are in the same field and one person has success more than the other.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Scuba and Daphne's scene at the start was nice, the James Bond comment and Scuba asking her out

Scuba shouldnt have asked Daphne to take the blame though
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, I was so annoyed with what the writing did with Scuba this past episode. While I'm not at all pleased with Daphne's decisions for going along with it, Scuba was totally potrayed as taking advantage of her and using her. Then, when all didn't go as planned, he sells her out like a big baby! Whether it was true or not, isn't the point, it just cast Scuba, and his growing relationship with Daphne in the kitchen, in a VERY bad light. *sighs*

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah - they threw him down on the altar of Chef Jeff. I'm hoping we do NOT see Jeff next season.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, that's exactly what they did, and it irked me because the writing ploy was beyond obvious: gain sympathy points for 'Jeff the Chef' by throwing Scuba's personality under the bus, have Jeff come to Daphne's 'rescue' (blah), and maybe, just maybe, Daphne/Jeff won't appear so bad any more!'

*Buzzer sounds* Nope! Can I get a big 'HELL NO, NOT WORKING' from the jeering section of the crowd!!!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Right there with ya. Guess this means no more Scuba - that was such a rush job with what started off as an interesting character .

Not cool .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

I am mostly upset because I think Manish has a lot of talent, and I think he was wasted being a background character used to prop up Jeff/Daphne. I hate that technique used by writers, assassinate one character in a 'triangle' to prop up couple.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it actually didn't even occur to me that the writing intention all along was just to use him to prop up Daphne/Jeff but looking back, I don't see why I didn't. I guess I was blindsided and got so into the idea that we had this interesting new character to explore and his relationship with Daphne in the kitchen started out pretty cool. *sighs*

Seriously, though, for something that was planned, they really knew how to pull out the rug from underneath the character and the audience because I'm telling you, there were certainly no hints given to me that Scuba would do a 180 degree personality shift like that in just a matter of one episode!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if we do see Scuba again, and even go and say sorry to Daphne, i would be cool with that.......

I guess one thing is he didnt do it on purupose, like plan to do a crap job on the shrimps and let her take the blame, coz he was off about her and Jeff
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I am still hoping that we at least get an apology out of Scuba from the whole thing.

He didn't mess up on purpose, but it probably goes to show you just how much of an *bleep* Jeff truly is if he has to instill the fear of god in his employees like that for mistakes that are accidental in nature and not even repetitive. I was already turned off to how Jeff treated Daphne in the very beginning.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

How could Scuba come back, he's fired from the restuarant and so on
Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last we've seen of him. If not, maybe Daphne will run into him unexpectedly somewhere.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Addicted Fan

That's too bad, I thought she liked him. If he apologized, he could redeem himself.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, sadly they bring on characters like this all of the time. I don't really get it. I hate when they bring on good characters to create drama and make them out to be the scapegoat and then let characters who well outlast their welcome last forever.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh my gosh, so true!

Scuba had a lot of potential as a character, he was genuinely interesting. His interactions with Daphne were alot more refreshing than the drama we are getting with Jeff.