Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do agree and think this revelation will make Daphne step back and wonder how well she really knew Emmett or what was going on in his life very recently.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I do agree and think this revelation will make Daphne step back and wonder how well she really knew Emmett or what was going on in his life very recently.
Yep, I think this could also make her question her own feelings for Emmett.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
Yep, I think this could also make her question her own feelings for Emmett.
I think it naturally would, yes, because Daphne would be questioning ... Did I ever really know the real Emmett or did I only see him the way I wanted to?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

It will be interesting to see their interaction in this half.

I just hope it's revealed that Daphne has no lingering feelings anymore, because going back to a triangle after cheating would be such a turn off.

Hopefully Emmett and Daphne can remain true best friends throughout the series, but I can see their friendship being bumpy, with Daphne wanting to not be in the middle, and Emmett wanting her help with Bay. And then we're not even mentioning Toby, who Daphne is still trying to build a relationship with.

I think the good thing is that Daphne won't ever judge him. She will note her disappointment, but I don't think she'd come down as hard on him as people would imagine, which is why it's sad that he lied. Obviously he did it because he thought she'd go straight to Bay, but I think it would have been interesting to have Daphne's input. I do think she would have encouraged him to be honest though.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
It will be interesting to see their interaction in this half.

I just hope it's revealed that Daphne has no lingering feelings anymore, because going back to a triangle after cheating would be such a turn off.

Hopefully Emmett and Daphne can remain true best friends throughout the series, but I can see their friendship being bumpy, with Daphne wanting to not be in the middle, and Emmett wanting her help with Bay. And then we're not even mentioning Toby, who Daphne is still trying to build a relationship with.

I think the good thing is that Daphne won't ever judge him. She will note her disappointment, but I don't think she'd come down as hard on him as people would imagine, which is why it's sad that he lied. Obviously he did it because he thought she'd go straight to Bay, but I think it would have been interesting to have Daphne's input. I do think she would have encouraged him to be honest though.
I think Daphne is going to be disappointed in him, the image she had of Emmett is obviously going to be gone. If Daphne had told Bay, that would of been worse, Bay is insecure enough with her, It was better Emmett told her, even if his reasons were to beat Daphne to it.

I really do not want to Daphne have anymore romantic feelings for Emmett, from neither side, it'll be such a turn off and it'll only annoy me greatly. Emmett and Daphne are good as friends, if it aint broke, dont fix it!

Bay went through her relationship with Emmett with her eyes wide open, knowing how Daphne felt about Emmett, wondering if Emmett still felt the same way for Daphne, No wonder Bay was insecure, I dont blame her.

I doubt Daphne is going to help Emmett get Bay back, I think she'll stay out of that.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Emmett used tell Daphne everything but he lied to her face. So of course, she's disappointed. Emmett failed as a best friend for Daphne.

What happens if Daphne and Emmett were dating instead of Emmett/Bay? I know I used to ship them but i believed we all did once. i thought they were cute.

If Emmett going to chase Bay, i don't think Bay appreciated if Daphne's helping him even though Daphne's Emmett's best friend since forever. When it comes to Daphne, Bay is insecure because she is Emmett's best friend that knows everything about emmett.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Special (View Post)
Emmett used tell Daphne everything but he lied to her face. So of course, she's disappointed. Emmett failed as a best friend for Daphne.

What happens if Daphne and Emmett were dating instead of Emmett/Bay? I know I used to ship them but i believed we all did once. i thought they were cute.

If Emmett going to chase Bay, i don't think Bay appreciated if Daphne's helping him even though Daphne's Emmett's best friend since forever. When it comes to Daphne, Bay is insecure because she is Emmett's best friend that knows everything about emmett.
I definitely think she's disappointed.

Do you mean if they were to start dating or if they had been dating instead of Emmett and Bay the whole time?

Personally I never shipped Emmett and Daphne as anything other than friends, and that was before Bay came into the picture. I just never got the vibe, but to each their own. I like it when shows can don't get the platonic opposite sex best friends together, like Lucas and Haley from OTH. Sometimes it works, but othertimes it doesn't and why ruin a great friendship?

If they had started with Daphne and Emmett that would be one thing, but I couldn't get behind a Daphne-Emmett relationship now, because I 100% hate triangles, and I do believe Emmett and Bay will reunite, and the constant back and forth would make me stop watching. Emmett would look like a guy who can't commit and Daphne and Bay would never be close.

It's just a lose-lose situation for me if they ever decide to give DE a go. Besides, what would make Daphne think Emmett would be faithful to her?

Like I said, I hope these two remain best friends throughout the show, but that's me. I'm glad we all have different preferences. It would make things less interesting if we didn't.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

were starting dating. For me, I usually like best friends falling for each other because being friends for so long could make the relationship stronger. After EB started dating, I think Emmett and Daphne will be like Haley/Lucas from OTH. I did watch the show and it's not often to see best friends to stay best friends because sometimes they end up falling for each other.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, agreed.

I hope that they just end up staying friends, because if he did try with Bay again after a relationship with Daphne, she'd be even more insecure, and after Bay and Emmett, the relationship I care most about is Bay and Daphne, and sometimes I just want to be like, why are you girls fighting over a guy? Not Bay and Daphne, specifically, but you know what I mean...

I guess we'll have to see where time takes us. I just don't think Emmett and Daphne would last. And then getting back to being friends would be difficult. I say leave well enough alone.

I was glad Lucas and Haley never got together, especially since you know, she ended up marrying his brother. Yeah, that would have been tres awkward.

Or even old school 90210 fans. They almost went there with Brandon and Andrea a few times, but they didn't. Or for me, while there were times I wanted Buffy and Xander on BTVS to get together, in hindsight, I'm glad they didn't, because they had a special friendship.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Emmett did lie to Daphne, that's proof that the dynamic of their friendship has changed. I wouldn't them to ever date, it's good as friends, nothing more. Don't ruin something good already, that happened with Dawson/Joey. If Daphne ever dated Emmett, there'd be no chance for a closer bond for Daphne/Bay
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To be honest, I'm not too worried at this point about the show moving backwards towards a Daphne/Emmett/Bay triangle. I think what we saw come out of Daphne more or less was 'first crush' because he was a guy and her best friend but I think were are going to see that Daphne has moved past that. If anything, and if Wilke leaves for good ( ) - I can see them introducing someone new for Daphne to develop a relationship with later on down the road.

I am curious on where the friendship will stand when the show returns. I have to admit: I'm not 100% certain either way. She might chew him out but then be his support system when everyone else is turning their backs. But at the same time, with the progession of the Daphne/Bay unfolding relationship, I can also see a scenario in which Daphne might back Bay, bringing them slowly closer to a sister relationship one day, and then Emmett kind of takes the back seat. But this all might depend on where Emmett takes things. If Emmett really tries, I can see Daphne turning around and throwing her support back in his direction. However, if he continues on a destructive path that is harmful to others, notably Bay, I can see her maybe wanting to cut ties, telling him that he is not the kind of guy/friend she thought he was or wants to have.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Addicted Fan

I could see Daphne asking why he did it? As to how their friendship is affected by all this, I'm curious to see. Daphne may back Bay or she may just say, "I'm staying out of this"
Old 07-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
To be honest, I'm not too worried at this point about the show moving backwards towards a Daphne/Emmett/Bay triangle. I think what we saw come out of Daphne more or less was 'first crush' because he was a guy and her best friend but I think were are going to see that Daphne has moved past that. If anything, and if Wilke leaves for good ( ) - I can see them introducing someone new for Daphne to develop a relationship with later on down the road.

I am curious on where the friendship will stand when the show returns. I have to admit: I'm not 100% certain either way. She might chew him out but then be his support system when everyone else is turning their backs. But at the same time, with the progession of the Daphne/Bay unfolding relationship, I can also see a scenario in which Daphne might back Bay, bringing them slowly closer to a sister relationship one day, and then Emmett kind of takes the back seat. But this all might depend on where Emmett takes things. If Emmett really tries, I can see Daphne turning around and throwing her support back in his direction. However, if he continues on a destructive path that is harmful to others, notably Bay, I can see her maybe wanting to cut ties, telling him that he is not the kind of guy/friend she thought he was or wants to have.
Yeah, at this point they made it seem like Bay and Emmett are more romantic love and Daphne and Emmett are more friendly and family-like love. Even Melody said she was family.

I think Daphne is not going to be lonely for long. They seemed to be working something with Travis, and Wilke is always a possibility, and hey, maybe they'd even bring back Liam for her. I think the EBD triangle is just a fear of mine based on other shows and their tendencies to put the triangle on the back burner for a time being and then bring it back full force, which is

Daphne and Emmett are best friends and will always have a bond, but so will Bay and Emmett and likewise, Bay and Daphne, so in that sense, it's sort of a triangle. As long as it doesn't become romantic, I'm fine.

I'm fine with Emmett being jealous of Bay and Daphne actually, if he does take a backseat.

I am curious about Daphne and Emmett too. Obviously she's disappointed, but that's her best friend, and would she really turn her back on him?
Old 07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Yeah, at this point they made it seem like Bay and Emmett are more romantic love and Daphne and Emmett are more friendly and family-like love. Even Melody said she was family.

I think Daphne is not going to be lonely for long. They seemed to be working something with Travis, and Wilke is always a possibility, and hey, maybe they'd even bring back Liam for her. I think the EBD triangle is just a fear of mine based on other shows and their tendencies to put the triangle on the back burner for a time being and then bring it back full force, which is

Daphne and Emmett are best friends and will always have a bond, but so will Bay and Emmett and likewise, Bay and Daphne, so in that sense, it's sort of a triangle. As long as it doesn't become romantic, I'm fine.

I'm fine with Emmett being jealous of Bay and Daphne actually, if he does take a backseat.

I am curious about Daphne and Emmett too. Obviously she's disappointed, but that's her best friend, and would she really turn her back on him?
I wish I had some idea of what to expect here to, I don't know what direction Daphne will go with this.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I could see Daphne asking why he did it? As to how their friendship is affected by all this, I'm curious to see. Daphne may back Bay or she may just say, "I'm staying out of this"
Yeah, it's possible Daphne might try the 'neutral approach' where she doesn't want to get stuck in the middle between Bay and Emmett. Unfortunately, sometimes that's the worst place to be, though, because than both parties end up feeling slighted or like you're taking 'sides' anyway by not seeing their side. What a mess.

Quote:
Yeah, the concern or fear is justified. But at the same time, if they did it, it would be feel so @$$ backwards given the fact that there haven't been any indications in a while that Daphne even wants to go there. They seemed to move the direction ahead to new places. It would feel like they are pulling a 'rabbit out of a back storyline hat' because they don't know what else to do with plot, lol.