Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2016, 02:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I thought James and David was by far the best part of the episode and I wish they had spent more time on a story that's been brewing since 1.06. Josh was amazing!

The Cora/Regina/Zelena present day stuff just drug on way too long on the other hand. And why does Cora get to move on but not Milah who was nowhere near as bad?

And what was the point of showing Rumple talking to himself while Belle was sleeping? Those scenes were done enough in season 4 to last a lifetime.
I took it as Rumple was trying to convince himself that he had to use dark magic. He is still clinging to the idea that he can have Belle and power. I think that as events unfold he will realize that it is either power or Belle and he will choose Belle.

I think that Rumple and Papa will kidnap Zelena and hold her for random, with the price being the contract. What I want to happen after that is Rumple elects to stay in order Pan can return to the land of the living, but Pan will have a crisis of conscience and tell Rumple to go with Belle and their child. Then Pan will be able to cross over.

I do hope they find a way to get those people out of the River of Lost Souls. There are too many people who are there who don't belong.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
I took it as Rumple was trying to convince himself that he had to use dark magic. He is still clinging to the idea that he can have Belle and power. I think that as events unfold he will realize that it is either power or Belle and he will choose Belle.

I think that Rumple and Papa will kidnap Zelena and hold her for random, with the price being the contract. What I want to happen after that is Rumple elects to stay in order Pan can return to the land of the living, but Pan will have a crisis of conscience and tell Rumple to go with Belle and their child. Then Pan will be able to cross over.

I do hope they find a way to get those people out of the River of Lost Souls. There are too many people who are there who don't belong.
I...would actually like this,even if everyone knows I'm the president of his hate club.If he picks her over magic,he'll be a halfway decent person.

For the love of god,no Pan. I'll take Rumple's domination over absolutely everything than his insufferable father. I love Robbie Kay,but Peter Pan was the most aggravating villain this show has ever had.

I wonder if Hades will die or he'll get TLK so they can give Zelena a storyline.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I took it as Rumple was trying to convince himself that he had to use dark magic. He is still clinging to the idea that he can have Belle and power. I think that as events unfold he will realize that it is either power or Belle and he will choose Belle..
Except didn't they already show this multiple times? They did it in 4A/B, 5A, and overtly in direct dialogue between them in 5B.

This is why I'm confused.. Looking for a loophole makes sense at the moment, but another storyline attempt as a choice of Belle over power.

How many times can the audience watch a gal get rejected? Ouch.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Except didn't they already show this multiple times? They did it in 4A/B, 5A, and overtly in direct dialogue between them in 5B.

This is why I'm confused.. Looking for a loophole makes sense at the moment, but another storyline attempt as a choice of Belle over power.

How many times can the audience watch a gal get rejected? Ouch.
It's why I can't accept Rumbelle. He keeps picking magic over her and breaking her heart. I love the character and can't bear to see her getting hurt over and over. Bad/Neal was strong enough to accept it,but Belle is a hero. I liked Rumple when he sacrificed himself and thought that maybe he could change. That he wasn't a Stu and had flaws and didn't need to be in the spotlight. Then it all came back and I knew it was too good to be true. He just enjoys being perfect and powerful too much to be realistic with a good woman.

It's like someone said last week-they keep making things convoluted. They need a way to show this without her getting hurt and making him seem like a selfish addict who hurts his wife repeatedly
Old 04-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

I love Rumbelle and both characters best. But yes it hurts to see Belle not chosen again and again. They just keep doing the same story over and over and now have added a baby.

That being said, I think it's not as simple as choosing power. I think it's fear of being powerless.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I love Rumbelle and both characters best. But yes it hurts to see Belle not chosen again and again. They just keep doing the same story over and over and now have added a baby.

That being said, I think it's not as simple as choosing power. I think it's fear of being powerless.
But how can be be powerless when he has love and his family? He won't be alone,his wife is brave and he doesn't need to be a coward anymore. Belle is supportive and won't snap at him like Milah did. If it is possible for him to use the dagger for good,they need to make him do it. It loves the problem,Belle doesn't cry and he stops looking like a

I hate him more for treating Belle so badly than I do about him dominating most of the show. The only person who has ever loved and accepted him unconditionally is Belle and she needs to be given that same love and acceptance. If he keeps picking his powers and evil,then it's not unconditional.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Rumple dominates the show at all.

I do want better for Belle, of course. I haven't liked a lot of their writing but I still love them. I just wish they would come up with something new for them and for him to actually tell Belle she's his TL and loved her more than anything.

My new fear is he'll try to give her TLK but it won't work because power really is his true love.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
But how can be be powerless when he has love and his family? He won't be alone,his wife is brave and he doesn't need to be a coward anymore. Belle is supportive and won't snap at him like Milah did. If it is possible for him to use the dagger for good,they need to make him do it. It loves the problem,Belle doesn't cry and he stops looking like a

I hate him more for treating Belle so badly than I do about him dominating most of the show. The only person who has ever loved and accepted him unconditionally is Belle and she needs to be given that same love and acceptance. If he keeps picking his powers and evil,then it's not unconditional.
How do you tell a child to has known intense hunger that they don't need to hide food because there is plenty? How do you tell someone who has been a victim of a horrifying crime that the perp has been caught and there is no need to be afraid? When he was powerless, not only could he not protect himself, but he couldn't protect his child. Those are scars that stay with you for a long, long time. In his long life, Belle is relatively new to him. It's going to take time for him to trust himself enough to let go of the power. Think of Rumple as a cracked cup. You can fill it to the brim, but it just leaks out. It is never full. Rumple is like that. He is broken. All the good that he is and has, just leaks out. He is cracked, and until he heals that crack inside of him, things won't get better. I think with Belle's love and her not willing to put up with his nonsense (ie setting boundaries), he can heal. I think Rumpette will play a significant role, along with Belle, in that healing.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Rumpette? Awww. Love that.

And yes on Rumple. He is emotionally scarred. Doesn't mean he's right. He's not. And Belle deserves his total love. He's reacting out of fear, IMO. He thinks he needs the power of the Dark One. So we'll have to see what happens.

Also, I'm not saying his background and history gives him the right to do bad deeds. Just like it doesn't give anyone else the right to commit horrible acts.

But right now he's not acting out of self preservation. He's trying to save his child.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

So I guess Zelena and Regina reconciling means she's going to let her share custody of the baby with Robin.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
How do you tell a child to has known intense hunger that they don't need to hide food because there is plenty? How do you tell someone who has been a victim of a horrifying crime that the perp has been caught and there is no need to be afraid? When he was powerless, not only could he not protect himself, but he couldn't protect his child. Those are scars that stay with you for a long, long time. In his long life, Belle is relatively new to him. It's going to take time for him to trust himself enough to let go of the power. Think of Rumple as a cracked cup. You can fill it to the brim, but it just leaks out. It is never full. Rumple is like that. He is broken. All the good that he is and has, just leaks out. He is cracked, and until he heals that crack inside of him, things won't get better. I think with Belle's love and her not willing to put up with his nonsense (ie setting boundaries), he can heal. I think Rumpette will play a significant role, along with Belle, in that healing.
Well said, Jinzle. Very good analogies and a very apt description of Rumple.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

That makes sense,but what about her needs? She's so patient, giving and understanding, but the amount she gets in return is so lopsided. Plus, he lies to her. That's even worse,b/c she gets false hope
Old 04-28-2016, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

Belle has been through so much being locked in a cell for 30 years with minimal contact. She deserves the best. And using something that happened 300 years ago as an excuse is just weak. As my mother, who had an abusive parent, always says lots of people have terrible lives and rise above it so it's no excuse for anything. You are responsible for your own actions now.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Belle has been through so much being locked in a cell for 30 years with minimal contact. She deserves the best. And using something that happened 300 years ago as an excuse is just weak. As my mother, who had an abusive parent, always says lots of people have terrible lives and rise above it so it's no excuse for anything. You are responsible for your own actions now.
Yes you rise above it, no question. But the longer you have been in that situation, the longer it will take to modify the behavior. While it seems like a long time to us, in terms of how long they have been together, it hasn't been that long. I do see progress and I want to see more progress. But to expect an overnight 180 turn isn't going to happen. That doesn't mean the Belle has to take any off of Rumple. He NEEDS her to smack him up side the head every once in a while to keep him moving forward.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

My complaint is that it's always about Rumple's needs. He's a taker. And Belle has been through just as many horrifying things. And yes the year with Zelena was bad but Belle was in that situation for 30 years! Rumple had a couple hundred year break where he was the bully himself not bullied.