Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

The 4x05 reaction video was posted! I especially love The Lion King 2 clips.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aKTrpXkuvlk
Old 10-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freifraufischer (View Post)
I don't really think there is much of a chance any of these people are really going to apologize to each other. That's just not the writing in the show. They'll do some ridiculously heroic thing as a form of apology and the other person will look in awe and say, "You saved me."

I mean, I personally think Regina's determination to save Marian is as much about apologizing for killing her as it is devotion to Robin.
I understand it. If all the characters had to apologize to everyone for everything they did wrong many, many scenes would be about apologies. Some like when Regina apologized to Belle and then actions are more important than words for others are a good balance. If the actions are honest.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTuesdays (View Post)
I understand it. If all the characters had to apologize to everyone for everything they did wrong many, many scenes would be about apologies. Some like when Regina apologized to Belle and then actions are more important than words for others are a good balance. If the actions are honest.
Which is exactly the point i try to make when some people want Regina to apologize for everything. That said I kind of wish Robin would stop apologizing to her over his decision over Marian. It is making me feel less sympathetic towards his character.

I kind of want to quote Regina back at him. "You hurt her. You knew you were hurting her. Own it and don't make it her responsibility to tell you that you did the right thing."
Old 10-30-2014, 06:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freifraufischer (View Post)
Which is exactly the point i try to make when some people want Regina to apologize for everything. That said I kind of wish Robin would stop apologizing to her over his decision over Marian. It is making me feel less sympathetic towards his character.

I kind of want to quote Regina back at him. "You hurt her. You knew you were hurting her. Own it and don't make it her responsibility to tell you that you did the right thing."
Well, to be fair, he didn't apologize for his choice. He apologized twice, first because Marian called Regina a monster, and he apologized in her place. The second time he apologized for asking for her help with Marian ('I'm sorry I dragged you into this').

But he never apologized for his choice, because he believes he did the right thing.

I am a little irritated at him, but it's mostly because he keeps telling her he loves her with different words, which, in my opinion, it's the last thing she needs to hear right now. It is much harder to move on when the person you love keeps telling you they love you back.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I am a little irritated at him, but it's mostly because he keeps telling her he loves her with different words, which, in my opinion, it's the last thing she needs to hear right now. It is much harder to move on when the person you love keeps telling you they love you back.
I'm not at all sure the second apology is that narrow. But six of one a half dozen of another. And I agree. If he's made his choice her REALLY needs to stop confessing his love to another woman. Regina can't move on at all as long as he's still offering her (what he at least believes) false hope.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think you are looking at this completely the wrong way. Robin is a man of honor, but that doesn't mean he is not human. And he can see how much his choice is hurting the woman he loves, but he also knows that right now this is the right thing to do. He doesn't tell her he loves her to cause her more pain or to make it more difficult for her to let him go. NO! He is being honest with her about his feelings because she needs to know that he didn't trick her, he wasn't toying with her and now that his wife is back he is going to ride in the sunset happily ever after with his family being complete again.

Him telling her that he loves her was a great move. The feeling of her being loved is not something she is accustomed to. If he didn't care for her, it would be lots easier for her to go back to the dark side, kill Marian and just force him to be with her. But no, that's not who she is anymore. Right now, Robin is actually one of the two people that are keeping her on track. Everything Regina does, she does for and out of love. And besides Henry, no other person has managed to make her go the right way instead of the easy way. Just him and Robin. And I don't think that killing (again?) the wife of the man she also loves would lead to her happy ending with him. So, yes, it is difficult to let him go and move on knowing that his feelings are this deep, but I hardly doubt that this is what any of them would want anyway, let go of one another.

As for his apologies, I'm sorry but he only apologised on Marian's behalf in the premiere and for dragging her into the mess, knowing that she is hurting when she is seeing him with his wife. Hell, she watched him kiss Marian for god's sakes. IMO it was a wonderful thing to have him apologise this sincerely.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 10-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Extreme Fan

I like that Robin is completely straight with Regina about how he feels and I don't think it's purposely giving her false hope. The first time he was simply telling her he has feelings but can't act on them. And I don't think he would have told her again, except he was being honest with her about why the TLK didn't work. It's not like he just decided to say I love you again out of the blue.

As for the apologies, I agree with liamamed about those and what he was apologizing for.

I understand everyone is upset with Robin for Regina being hurt, but what else do people think he could or should have done in this situation? It's not like he chose any of this, he's just doing the best he can to cope with an impossible turn of events. I realize it's the fault of the writers for creating a situation where someone is wrong no matter what anyone does, but it kind of irritates me that poor Robin ends up being cast as the bad guy when he is just trying to react in a decent way to what has been thrown at him. I find it admirable and consistent with his character that he would honor his marriage vows. And should he really lie to Regina and say he no longer cares for her, would that really spare her feelings and make things less hurtful for her? Imho, I don't think so. She would still be hurt that he had "left" her but in addition she would think what had been between them meant nothing as soon as his dead wife was back, who he had claimed to have mourned and let go. Wouldn't it be even more hurtful for her to believe everything between them had been a lie? Actually, I find it very a adult and beautiful representation of what I would want true love to be--that even though they can't be together through circumstances, they are completely honest with each other and accepting and understanding of who the other person is.

Sorry for the rant, I am just a little tired of Robin being blamed for hurting Regina when it's more the circumstances and what Emma did than his fault, imho.

ETA haha, Chris you posted while I was composing my post and said exactly what I think but soooooo much better!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Maggie, THANK YOU!!! you voiced my thoughts!!! PREACH to this post!

ETA: ok, I think we share brains Mags!! Because, here I was thinking that your post is soooo much better worded than mine!!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 10-30-2014, 08:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
Maggie, THANK YOU!!! you voiced my thoughts!!! PREACH to this post!

ETA: ok, I think we share brains Mags!! Because, here I was thinking that your post is soooo much better worded than mine!!
Hahaha, really? That is too funny! We do share the same brain then!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Old 10-30-2014, 08:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think you are looking at this completely the wrong way. Robin is a man of honor, but that doesn't mean he is not human. And he can see how much his choice is hurting the woman he loves, but he also knows that right now this is the right thing to do. He doesn't tell her he loves her to cause her more pain or to make it more difficult for her to let him go. NO! He is being honest with her about his feelings because she needs to know that he didn't trick her, he wasn't toying with her and now that his wife is back he is going to ride in the sunset happily ever after with his family being complete again.
I don't think, not even for a moment he does it to hurt her or to give her false hope. But I'd rather he didn't do it any more exactly because of this thread title. It makes it harder for her. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but that's how I feel. I was ok and even happy when he said it for the first time, but not so much now. I don't blame him, and I even understand, on some level, because I don't think he was thinking when he said it for the second time: he was just so consumed by his own guilt at his inability to save Marian that he had to confide in someone. But it doesn't change the fact that it makes it WAY harder for her.

Quote:
As for his apologies, I'm sorry but he only apologised on Marian's behalf in the premiere and for dragging her into the mess, knowing that she is hurting when she is seeing him with his wife. Hell, she watched him kiss Marian for god's sakes. IMO it was a wonderful thing to have him apologise this sincerely.
Exactly. ITA.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree. I liked him saying it the first time. But the second time it still feels a bit selfish. Yes it's in the context of saying why TLK didn't work, but Regina's a powerful sorceress. I'm pretty sure given some space she would have figured it out herself. After all the two people in the room who suggested that the cold was acting as a barrier were Robin and David, who don't know much about magical mechanics.

And no, I don't think he intends to offer her false hope, but at the moment he does. I think we all know that eventually he will get back together with Regina. It's clear that they are intended to be an endgame. But at the moment Robin doesn't intend it. He should behave like it is final.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

I agree with what Chris and Maggie said about Robin telling Regina of his feelings for her. He didn't want her to believe that what he felt for her was just a passing thing and went away as soon as Marian returned. I didn't see it as leading her on, I saw it as him just wanting her to know that he loves her, even if they aren't together.

That said, I also agree with Lianamed in that he doesn't need to say it again. She knows how he feels, but so long as he plans to stay with Marian, there is no need for him to keep reminding her of how he feels. She can't possibly let go if he keeps doing that. I would see that as him trying to hang on to Regina while stying with Marian. I don't think he will do that though.

I feel sorry for all of them in situation. There is no right answer for this.

Last edited by sherry02; 10-30-2014 at 08:54 AM
Old 10-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

The impossibility of it certainly comes through when he talks about taking a vow till death do they part, and it did. And than it didn't.

Honestly, one of the reasons I love Outlaw Queen in season 3 is because it's sweet and relatively uncomplicated. Fluff. But with adults. I always have trouble really investing in Snow and Charming because nothing seems that hard for them at least in the relationship (except the poison in Neverland). Even the stuff from season 1 was just a roadblock on the path to the inevitable.

But Regina and Robin... the meet cute in Quiet Minds is two adults finding each other.

And than we get a love triangle of angst and it makes me mad because an adult relationship that doesn't involve chasing an unwilling partner around would have been nice.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I feel sorry for all of them in situation. There is no right answer for this.
No, there isn't, It's an impossible situation.