Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Love that. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeverett (View Post)
Actually what they did was 'show' not 'tell' the audience how Henry was going to spy on Gold. They cut the conversation short with Regina than immediately skipped to Gold's shop. It doesn't mean Henry didn't tell Regina his whole plan, only that the writers made a choice to show him carrying it out instead of just talking about it.

Actually, we really don't know whether Henry told Regina how he was going to get information from Rumpel. I am a firm believer in showing the audience what is going on. But the writers did not either tell or show the audience whether Regina knew exactly how Henry planned to get info from his grandfather.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

| A Lady and the Tramp Easter Egg in OUAT 4x04 ‘The Apprentice’
source
Old 10-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

At this point I have a number of concerns. I feel like they've made Rumple a bit too powerful at this point. I realize they have a new audience to worry about, but he's grown in power every season to the point now that he's become nearly godlike in every sphere except his marriage.

And speaking of his marriage. Belle needs to leave him. For real, not for half an episode. Not to go get an ice tea at Granny's. He's making a mockery of her and her intelligence and it is causing real danger to her character. It's making her a bigger victim than anything Regina ever did to her. I'm perfectly alright with them getting back together at some point in the future. But there needs to be a consequence now.

The Season 3 DVDs talk about how his little dagger trick was him not taking his opportunity at a happy ending.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

There were cute nods to Lady and the Tramp in this episode. It wasn't just the bartender guy. There was also that cute couple in the restaurant who were eating spaghetti and then kissed.

Then, of course, Emma is Lady and Tramp is Killian. She's beautiful and refined and he's scruffy.

Last edited by obisgirl; 06-06-2015 at 08:06 AM
Old 06-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That so cute
Old 02-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

99 Episodes in 99 Days
Episode 4x04 | “The Apprentice” | #70
Written by: Andrew Chambliss & Dana Horgan
Directed by: Ralph Hemecker
After Emma asks Hook out on a real first date, Hook visits Mr. Gold and asks for his hand to be reattached so that he can embrace her with both hands. But magic always comes with a price. Henry and Mary Margaret try to offer hope to Regina when she becomes frustrated over not being able to find a cure to save a frozen Marian, and Will Scarlet attempts to break into the Storybrooke library to find a special book. Meanwhile, back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Rumplestiltskin is after a magical box that the Sorcerer’s apprentice is guarding, and he may use Elsa’s sister Anna to help him get it.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the date.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I was too tired to post my thoughts on the last two episodes, (may do that tomorrow if I have the time) but will just give a quick analysis on this episode.

- Emma asking Hook out on a date. Too cute.
- Emma looked adorable in her pink dress. Loved Mary Margaret taking a photo and David being anxious and feeling protective of Emma, such a cute scene, especially when Hook showed up looking different
- Loved Emma and Killian's date even though it was cut short, loved the references to Lady and the Tramp.
- Enjoyed the backstory with Anna and Rumple, poor Anna, though glad she managed to get herself free by using his dagger to make him send her home and to not harm her or Elsa, though she seemed to have forgotten to mention Kristoff...!
- I am absolutely loving the references to Fantasia, when Rumple made the broom walk, I couldn't help but laugh!
- Hook asking Rumple if he could have his hand back so he could hold Emma properly when they kiss was pretty stupid really. Of course Rumple was going to double cross him like that! Warning Hook that the hand was cursed, but Hook not believing it until he starts to act strangely and aggressive. Rumple has Hook help him trap the Sorcerer's Apprentice in the magical hat box as part of the deal. Hook realising Rumple was right and wants his hook back, but it was just a placebo, the hand wasn't really cursed after all. And then Rumple reveals he had the whole scene of them capturing the Sorcerer's Apprentice on tape, only to remove himself from the tape so it looks like Hook acted alone to counter Hook from telling Belle everything. And both end up threatening each other's loves. Hook thinking he has one upped Rumple, sorry dearie, even you can't outsmart the dark one. What a mess!
- I also over the fact that Rumple's journey to redemption is further away than ever. I do hope Belle finds out soon, she's not daft and should be able to see what he's been up to. I didn't like how she wasn't in this episode a whole lot, especially when this was a Rumple centric episode. I love Rumbelle, but I think the only way for Rumple to perhaps somewhat cure his ways is for Belle to leave him for a bit when she finds out.
- Henry helping Regina to find a cure for Marian was sweet. But I wasn't expecting him to propose going undercover for Operation Mongoose and ask for a job at Mr. Gold's shop so he can find out what Rumple knows about the book. I have a bad feeling about this. It'll be interesting to see them spend more time together though, Rumple is his grandfather after all. But this isn't going to end well.