Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

source

Where we again realize just how brilliant and amazing Robert's acting is, and how we broke apart for both of them.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Supreme Fan

When he shouts at her that nobody could ever love him ... and he was afraid to believe that she truly did.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 08-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Passionate Fan

And, although we know he's talking to Regina, let's think about Rumple yelling at his reflection, "You evil soul," and "You think you can make me weak?" The first could be addressed to himself as Dark One, the second could be aimed at the human part of him that loves and feels lonely. So, who is he really angry at?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

That scene, THAT SCENE!!

Just kept thinking No Rumple, Nooo!!, she loves you!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

I know..

That scene was so important. And Kelaine, I think you make a great point. Yes we know he's talking to Regina, but also could the Dark One , the evil living inside him from the curse be telling to to not be weak? It's the same when he's beating up Moe, he's yelling at her for hurting his daughter, but he's really angry at himself.

No one hates Rumpelstiltskin as much as Rumpelstiltskin.. poor man has issues and the darkness doesn't help.

But also Belle in this scene. Not understanding why he doesn't believe her. Why he doesn't want the curse to break, and be free.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
And, although we know he's talking to Regina, let's think about Rumple yelling at his reflection, "You evil soul," and "You think you can make me weak?" The first could be addressed to himself as Dark One, the second could be aimed at the human part of him that loves and feels lonely. So, who is he really angry at?
That's a very good insight. I hadn't thought of that before.

I think he just couldn't believe after being beaten down by everyone he ever cared about (other than Bae) and told he's not worth loving that he just couldn't believe this beautiful, good young woman could love him.

Just look at how every time she touches him he is almost startled like he can't believe she wants to touch him. And now in the present, look at how much they touch each other. Just holding hands or hugging. I don't think even know he can quite believe he has this love in his life.

Although he does believe in her love I think he hasn't quite reached the stage where he believes she won't leave him, because everyone has in the past.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
That's a very good insight. I hadn't thought of that before.

I think he just couldn't believe after being beaten down by everyone he ever cared about (other than Bae) and told he's not worth loving that he just couldn't believe this beautiful, good young woman could love him.

Just look at how every time she touches him he is almost startled like he can't believe she wants to touch him. And now in the present, look at how much they touch each other. Just holding hands or hugging. I don't think even know he can quite believe he has this love in his life.

Although he does believe in her love I think he hasn't quite reached the stage where he believes she won't leave him, because everyone has in the past.
He has been beaten down by everyone, people who should ahve loved him. Not only did Malcolm abandon him, he kept coming back to remind his son that he was unloved, and no one will stay for him. Reminding him if Milah, grr.

It's one of the things that makes him so complex. He ws made into the coward, into the selfish person people claim him to be. I always wonder is people see this narrative the writers have been telling or if they are just predisposed to not like him and not see what is going on? How can you not feel awful for a man constantly beaten all his life?

He's has the most tragic of lives. But at the same time he's done awful things, and I think part of that is that he's doing what others have done to him. He has the power so he began to do the beating, the person bullied became the bully himself. How can he go back to the good man? Belle's love , she his light, but does he believe enough in himself to finally let her in?
Old 08-22-2014, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
He's has the most tragic of lives. But at the same time he's done awful things, and I think part of that is that he's doing what others have done to him. He has the power so he began to do the beating, the person bullied became the bully himself. How can he go back to the good man? Belle's love , she his light, but does he believe enough in himself to finally let her in?
I think he will but it's still a long road to get there. He's come so far. I never expected it to be easy. Just asking for some good stuff along the way. Last year with them constantly separated? Was hard. But now they're married and as Adam says this is a new road for them together.

The child Rumple really got to me. Every time I'm mad at Rumple for something he does I will try to think of that dear little boy.

But he is probably the most complex male character on tv I've ever seen.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I think he will but it's still a long road to get there. He's come so far. I never expected it to be easy. Just asking for some good stuff along the way. Last year with them constantly separated? Was hard. But now they're married and as Adam says this is a new road for them together.

The child Rumple really got to me. Every time I'm mad at Rumple for something he does I will try to think of that dear little boy.

But he is probably the most complex male character on tv I've ever seen.
seeing RUmpel as a child really was sad. It shown that his whole life was difficult and they didn't need to retcon him to make him and Belle flow together.

He still is the beast who lashes out because of what's been done to him. But Belle sees that , and tries to bring out the good man again.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I know..

That scene was so important. And Kelaine, I think you make a great point. Yes we know he's talking to Regina, but also could the Dark One , the evil living inside him from the curse be telling to to not be weak? It's the same when he's beating up Moe, he's yelling at her for hurting his daughter, but he's really angry at himself.

No one hates Rumpelstiltskin as much as Rumpelstiltskin.. poor man has issues and the darkness doesn't help.
Indeed

the scene was such a pivitol point in the Rumbelle relationship and also Rumple himself..
Old 08-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
It's one of the things that makes him so complex. He ws made into the coward, into the selfish person people claim him to be. I always wonder is people see this narrative the writers have been telling or if they are just predisposed to not like him and not see what is going on? How can you not feel awful for a man constantly beaten all his life?
Because "men can't be abused."

Quote:
That remains to be seen.. but I believe he will in the end. After all, "true love is the most powerful magic of all".

I still can't fully believe that Rumbelle will be together (at least for a moment) next season.. as a married couple. I mean, usually they have been separated in one way or another..

I can't wait to see them as newlyweds and deeply in love. It's going to be too cute!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I can wait for the fluff
Old 08-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Fluff, we DEMAND Fluff before the strom of angst and sadness!!! FLUFF!!! we must have it!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh yes!

PS Robert nominated Emilie for the ALS Ice Bucket challenge , can't wait for that
Old 08-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Me neither!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Fluff, we DEMAND Fluff before the strom of angst and sadness!!! FLUFF!!! we must have it!
Hell yeah!!