Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

he deserved so much better. But it's done now and I can't dwell on it anymore.

A/E failed in my opinion. BUt I still love the show despite many of the problems with it
Old 08-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

So many stories to tell of them but alas...
Old 08-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Bae forgave his papa, gave him a wonderful moment and told him he was nothing like Peter Pan, that he was a good father. Rumple came back for him, to say he was sorry and that he loved him.

He gave Rumple all he needed because he loved his father so. The only one that ever truly loved him, because Rumple regretted it the moment he let go. Something no one else ever had.

I will miss what could have been but am happy that we had this.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah me too, at least we got that..

If we didn't, I would have been very mad indeed
Old 08-08-2014, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Did anyone see the clip of RC at Comic Con talking about MRJ? You could tell he didn't think it was a good idea to kill off Bae. There was so much wasted potential. I think that is probably one of the biggest mistakes the show has made so far.

IMO, there was far more story to tell with him alive than with him dead.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I'm glad RC said that..
Old 08-09-2014, 05:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Did anyone see the clip of RC at Comic Con talking about MRJ? You could tell he didn't think it was a good idea to kill off Bae. There was so much wasted potential. I think that is probably one of the biggest mistakes the show has made so far.

IMO, there was far more story to tell with him alive than with him dead.
Yes, that was very sweet that he said that. A&E are banking on popularity and that can be a flighty mistress. I think they are going to take a hit on this decision but I love the show and don't wish it cancelled. I hope if the ratings are affected, Adam and Eddie are smart enough to fix it.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Yes, that was very sweet that he said that. A&E are banking on popularity and that can be a flighty mistress. I think they are going to take a hit on this decision but I love the show and don't wish it cancelled. I hope if the ratings are affected, Adam and Eddie are smart enough to fix it.
TV Tropes has putting a character on a bus and sending him or her away as one of the clichés, there's a reason for it. First, it saves you from a backlash of upset fans who liked the character or who feel that killing him or her off doesn't serve the story. It also leaves you in hope. The storylines you wanted to see aren't impossible, they just haven't happened.

I still feel that would have been the better choice. In my head, I've decided Neal survived (still working on how) and will show up again someday.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess Neal could have moved back to Ny and Henry could have saw him off screen every third weekend and maybe holidays Rumple could have visited off screen too.

so far the ratings are okay.

Any way back to my discussion I do think Gold would have approached Neal if he came with August or instead of August in s1
Old 08-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

regarding Gold seeing Bae

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 08-10-2014 at 04:13 AM
Old 08-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

Sending Neal on a bus wouldn't make sense though. Rumple would follow him because he wants to be near his son. Neal would never leave Henry, or Emma for that matter.

So we can only enjoy them all together in fics, and the past.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source
Old 08-10-2014, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

thank you for posting
Old 08-10-2014, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

Lovely gifset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Sending Neal on a bus wouldn't make sense though. Rumple would follow him because he wants to be near his son. Neal would never leave Henry, or Emma for that matter.
I kinda agree with that. Maybe it would have worked if Neal got stuck in another realm, but even then he risked a great deal to find a way back to Henry and Emma and we all know what Rumple risked and did (and did to others) to find Neal again and to keep Neal alive.

I think the only way to have done that would have been at the end of S2 - everyone assumed Neal dead but he was really in FTL. I suppose writing him out alive then could have worked, if they hadn't returned to FTL again until the end of the show. But I guess that's not a story they wanted to write.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Lovely gifset.

I kinda agree with that. Maybe it would have worked if Neal got stuck in another realm, but even then he risked a great deal to find a way back to Henry and Emma and we all know what Rumple risked and did (and did to others) to find Neal again and to keep Neal alive.

I think the only way to have done that would have been at the end of S2 - everyone assumed Neal dead but he was really in FTL. I suppose writing him out alive then could have worked, if they hadn't returned to FTL again until the end of the show. But I guess that's not a story they wanted to write.
no it isn't, which I'm fine with. But I'm really curious as to why they changed their mind in S3 and decided to kill Neal off.

But since we'll never know, I guess we need to move on.