Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Told ya' he was pretty. and broken, i like the broken ones
Old 04-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Broken ones for the win.... Wait, that's not nice... But hey we're twisty....

Will there be a second one as well?
Old 04-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Name: Matthew (Matt) Strahl
Apartment: 4D
Job: Full-time student at a local university, junior, double majoring in Psychology and English Literature
Personality: Collected, quiet, standoffish, reserved, analytical.
Brief History: When Matt first moved into the building four months ago, he knew it wouldn't take long for some of his more curious neighbors - and the good Lord knows there were enough of those during the first few weeks he lived there, neighbors with their doors cracked open and eyes on him the minute he came down the hall - to realize something was off about his presence. He took it in stride, however, as Matt is nothing if not a realist and knows there are very few twenty-year-olds who would be able to afford an entire apartment on their own, much less an apartment in 2386 Waverly. Enter his doting relatives: his grandparents own the building and took pity on him commuting back and forth to the city every day for school from his parent's house in the suburbs after two years and offered him a place to live with no rent and the only string attached being his continued perfect GPA average.
Relationships: To be determined.
Taken By: fleur captives
Played By: Miles Heizer

Last edited by fleur captives; 04-16-2015 at 08:48 PM
Old 04-16-2015, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I'm going to stick with one for the time being. I will probably end up adding another but it will come from game inspiration.

I can't wait to start!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

Me either, so eager to start!

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 04-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

OOC: Here we go! (BTW will edit the other profiles in soon )

FRIDAY

RHYS
He had worked very hard just to get that audition. Never mind that his boss had refused to let him finish early that day, right up until that very morning, after a quick flirt with the secretary and some minor observational skills had led him to discover the boss was cutting out early, too, and not for any reason the company would see as valid, which had suddenly turned his no into a yes. To even get the slot, he'd spent two weeks convincing them to see him. They didn't think him right for the part, but he had never been more sure of anything in his life. When his agent had called to confirm the audition, he had felt the way he felt when he was pulled up to wash those highest windows on his tallest building: he was so alive his body was on overdrive.

And then the day of the audition had come, everything had gone off without a hitch, he read the sides, he'd nailed it... Then the casting director had asked him questions.

Leaving the building and marching toward the bus stop, his brain felt like it might explode... or implode, probably. Had he messed it up? After all that? One stupid question and all his hard work... No, it couldn't end that way. Maybe, by some trick of fate, it would be alright. If it wasn't, well, he didn't give up, did he? If not... If not...

Plopping down on the bus seat, he looked at the time and frowned, fingers flying over the keys.
OPEN (OR WILL COME ALONG LATER)

SHIRLEY

Late. On my way.

Running up the serpentine stairs, Shirley had dug the phone out of her pocket when she'd heard the tone, hoping someone was responding to her SOS. The mass text she'd sent to the group was brief: Running late. Help? Alas, the message she'd just received was not in response to her own.

"Everyone's late today," she breathed, swearing when she nearly dropped her bags on the turn on to her floor. She'd gone to the market on the way to the station that morning, stashing them with a firm warning to anyone who should dare picking through her groceries. They had listened.

She should have been home by now, already prepping for the evening's dinner, which she was hosting. They were also having a newbie to the club that night, which meant even more pressure put on to her - by herself - to do well. That at least had been the plan, until she'd been caught in a standoff in a domestic call, which had meant that she left the station much later than intended.

The only way her dinner would not be unfashionably late would be if she got some help. Someone had to have seen her message, someone had to be there, and if not, then she had half a mind to keep the stragglers dinnerless, ha!

No, she would never do that.

She turned into the hall, then stopped when she saw the figure waiting outside her door. "Oh, thank you..." she spoke under her breath.
OPEN FOR WHOEVER WANTS TO BE HER SAVIOR HERE
Old 04-17-2015, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Genesis
She stood in the hall outside Shirley's door awkwardly.
"Consider me your sous chef for the evening."
Genesis told her with a smile.
"I'm actually a fairly good one. I brought my own knives."
Gesturing to the apron of knives under her arm.
"I also have alot of fun culinary tools that I bought recently, so if you want me to get anything just ask if I have it. Might help things go faster."
She suggested.
Genesis looked at Shirley. She knew Shirley was a lesbian but she didn't know if Shirley knew about her sexual orientation. She thought Shirley was cute but didn't know her too well. Genesis was still a little withdrawn within the group and she was trying to be more extroverted, hence the reason she got off a little earlier than normal and went home, got showered and changed and went to wait at Shirley's door.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 04-18-2015, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

SHIRLEY
She had never been so happy to see that shock of colorful hair, and that was saying something. Genesis had been with them at dinner for three months already, but most times still behaved as though she was still new and uncertain. The behavior could surprise some of the others, but Shirley had the advantage of knowing her from work, too, and though their own jobs for the police department didn't often allow them to cross paths, once they'd realized they lived in the same building, they had started talking more, at times commuting to or from work together, which had allowed her to really get to know the girl. How long it had taken her to then realize Genesis had brought something back in her life since she'd broken up with Amy, she couldn't say, but then it might not have mattered in the end. The last thing she wanted was to let herself get too close and then have it be for naught.

"Alright, sous chef, consider yourself hired," she smiled, moving to open the door and let them in to the apartment. Everything was in its place, as always. She couldn't stand messes, or dust. "I think we'll be fine with what we've got, it's mostly chopping, lots of vegetables," she explained, setting her bags on the counter before extracting the perishables and storing them in the fridge and freezer. All need-to-chop vegetables were pulled out, ready to be washed. Shirley had always been methodical that way, following the steps she set herself as well as those in the recipe, and the first step was always to do all her prep first. At least this time she knew the recipe by heart. It was her grandmother's, and it always did well with new arrivals; a few of them would remember her making this.

"Okay, hands," she pointed to the sink, washing hers before starting to clean the vegetables and bringing them aside.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Genesis
"I'm not heathen child, I know to wash my hands first."
She teased with a chuckle then she set her apron of knives out and unrolled it carefully.
"You can use one of mine if you want but be careful - I sharpened them. And remember I'm only letting you use them because I like you. I'm a bit possessive of my stuff."
Genesis admitted with a slight shrug.
The currently pink haired girl kept her things in excellent condition and if you were a loyal friend she would let you use them but she was nervous to let people use things for the first time. She realized that letting Shirley use her knives so early into the friendship was new for her. Did that mean something? Yes, it certainly did. But what exactly she wasn't a hundred percent sure on. She thought Shirley was cute, yes. But she didn't know if there was a spark there. She certainly had no idea if she liked her at all. For someone so intelligent she could certainly be unsure of herself.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

SHIRLEY
"No, hey, I was just talking to myself, running through steps, just a thing I do... Used to annoy my brothers when we were kids," she laughed. At the offer of the knives, Shirley moved to spot the one she could need. "The famous knives, thanks," she picked one out. "I will be very careful. Last year they had Johnson and I go and talk to a school assembly about dangers in the home, there was a whole thing about knives. Johnson made one little girl cry," she chuckled to herself, thinking about the lost look on her partner's face. He never knew how to handle kids, which would turn into him looking at her with a plea in his eyes.

Looking briefly at the time, she knew she wouldn't have time to go and shower before the others arrived. It was for her benefit more than her guests' really, after long days like she'd had that day, it felt good to start anew with a quick jump in the shower. But they were already on the verge of being joined by the others, so her relief would have to wait.

"You're a life saver right now, you know?" Shirley beamed, seeing how fast Genesis worked.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Liz
"Fancy meeting you here," she said with a laugh to her distracted friend, falling into a bus seat across the aisle from Rhys Watkins.

Bold, loud, outspoken Elizabeth Milligan had but one fear in her life; driving in the city. Before she had moved from her hometown, it was something that had never posed a problem for her before, but now it had become something of a running joke among her friends and neighbors now infrequently her car moved out of its space. So she had always took the bus home from the school she worked at, and more often than not, she encountered someone she knew on the ride back to the building on Waverly. And more often than not, it was Rhys, and although she would not term the two of them as exceptionally close, they were friendly, and Liz was never one to miss an opportunity to talk.

"By the way, didn't you have an audition today?" she asked, now that she had caught his attention. Trying to get comfortable in her newly claimed seat, she slid the large bag of drawings from her after school Art Club into the empty one beside her, then turned her gaze back on him now that she had divested herself of the annoyance of about thirty pounds of paper -- scratch that, fifty pounds. She was exaggerating, naturally, but that was par for the course. "Did it go well?"

Last edited by fleur captives; 04-18-2015 at 03:19 PM
Old 04-18-2015, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

RHYS
He'd been just on the verge of pulling out his headphones when she dropped into the seat before him and spoke. For a second he hadn't realized she was talking to him, or that he knew her, but when he did recognize her, his position resettled, thoughts of music abandoned. He hasn't even thought about where he was, but he guessed they were near the school where she worked.

"Liz, hi," he nodded. At the mention of the audition, he found himself back in his frustration. He could still see the casting director's face when he'd answered the question. He tried to analyze it in any way that might be interpreted in a positive way, but his thoughts were barreling closer to total catastrophe.

"The audition," he frowned. "The audition went alright, I guess. Right up until the end," he told her, knuckles absently tapping at the bus window, since he had nothing to kick at. He wasn't so much unwilling to share his feelings on a general basis, but he knew what he had lined up for the rest of the night, with dinner and his shift at the club, and he had to put the audition out of his head or he'd be the opposite of what he needed to be.

"What do you have there, seems heavy," he nodded to the bag.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Liz
She wasn't one to press, but from both the sound and look of it, his audition hadn't gone as well as hoped. It was a shame, she was fond of Rhys, and for as hard as he worked, he certainly deserved some kind of pay off in the end. It seemed wrong to pepper him with questions about the experience when it was obvious he didn't want to talk about it but part of her - the meddling side she tried hard to suppress - wanted to know what had been so bad about it when he'd been so much happier about it before. But just like that, the thought was brushed aside, as he nodded his head toward the large bag she had brought with her. Liz rolled her eyes as she looked back down at the extra weight she had been carrying around for most of the day -- she just couldn't wait to go through it, her mind answered sarcastically, all ninety-five pounds of it.

"Drawings. Not mine," she clarified for no reason as it seemed doubtful any sane person would carry about that much of their own work. "The Art Club is holding a silent auction to raise money for some better supplies, cutbacks have been hell this year. I am oh-so-lucky in that I get to choose the best ones and seeing about having them framed for the auction. Which I know is the nice, right, and adult thing to do -- except ... it's Friday," she grinned devilishly. "And I was rather hoping to have fun this weekend, not be cooped up indoors. Are you working later?" After dinner, of course, the dinner that all of them were presently late to if the messages on her phone were any indication.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Genesis
She smiled.
"I do my best."
She finished chopping a vegetable and moved it into a bowl.
"See, not as big of a job with a little help, huh?"
Genesis asked her and then glanced at her sideways.
"Long day?"
She asked sensing that Shirley was still carrying some of the days stresses, which could be a lot in her line of work.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

(Ooc: Who needs a tag?)