Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2020, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't remember Substitute For Love. I did like some of her stuff in the 90s, just not as much as the 80s when she was cranking out one hit after another, after another...

Wow, you don't remember anything of Debbie's? She holds the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the youngest artist to write, produce, and perform a #1 hit single at the age of 17. She toured all over the world, but I guess you never heard of her in France.

Oh, I of course remember Kim Wilde and Bananarama growing up in the 80s. I remember hearing their cover of Venus over and over again, and of course you can't not remember Cruel Summer from The Karate Kid. Man, that brings back golden memories. I actually didn't know Kylie Minogue until the 1990s. I think I heard of her cover of The Locomotion, but I didn't know who she was at the time in 1989. I never heard of Guesch Patti.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Hm, I never know if I do this youtube stuff right...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 08-08-2020 at 05:05 PM
Old 08-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You got it right, Nina. Thanks for the vids!

Wow, I never heard that Madonna song before.

I know Vanessa Paradis from her being married to Johnny Depp, but I never knew her songs. She's really good.

Wow, I don't know the others, but it sounds really 80s.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Vanessa Paradis had a big hit with this song that I posted above in the 80s, then in the 90s she had another really successful album, which was produced by Lenny Kravitz, the song below was the first single from it:

A year and half ago (seems like forever now) she released her latest album Les Sources. This was the first single from it:

There were a few weak moments in my youth when I tried to mimic Muriel Mureno's (the singer of Niagara – see above) style. That wasn't terribly success though.

This is probably my favourite Madonna song aside from "Causing A Commotion", one of her often overlooked 80s gems.

I wasn't enarmoured with the whole Blond Ambition aesthetic tbh even back then but I must be honest, Madonna never sounded so good live before or again.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 08-09-2020 at 07:35 PM
Old 08-10-2020, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for those, Nina. Yeah, I remember the Blonde Ambition Tour in 1990. She was promoting the Dick Tracy movie and album. Wow, that seems like yesterday.

Wow, I like that one with Vanessa on the swing, even though I can't understand it. I also didn't know she performed in English in that first one.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

Why? I think you can understand her. Or you didn't know that she recorded an album in English?

Yes, weirdly the Blond Ambition Tour doesn't seem that far away... idek why. Thirty years though... wow. It's been a while.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 08-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Katie! Thanks for posting! I hope you had a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Why? I think you can understand her. Or you didn't know that she recorded an album in English?

Yes, weirdly the Blond Ambition Tour doesn't seem that far away... idek why. Thirty years though... wow. It's been a while.
I didn't know she recorded anything in English, Nina. I knew she was a French singer and she married Johnny Depp, but I wasn't aware that she sang in English. But again, I do like that one with her on the swing.

It's been a while and it feels like yesterday. I remember going to see Dick Tracy in the theaters when I was 20. Man, it's like no time has passed for me. I wasn't that impressed by the movie, but I did like Al Pacino and Dustin Hoffman's performances. I wasn't a fan of Madonna or Warren Beatty in that movie. But yeah, I remember the 1990 Blonde Ambition tour, the same year Sinead O'Connor had that hit single that Prince wrote, 'Nothing Compares To U.' OMG, it's like yesterday.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Sinead O'Connor was crying in that video from what I remember. Idek, did anyone like Warren Beatty in the 90s? Weren't he and Madonna dating at the time?

Old 08-12-2020, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Sinead O'Connor was crying in that video from what I remember. Idek, did anyone like Warren Beatty in the 90s? Weren't he and Madonna dating at the time?
Was she really crying? I don't remember. She was always a bit of a drama queen.

Yes, Warren Beatty and Madonna were dating at the time after having met on the set of Dick Tracy. I always thought they were an odd pairing to be honest.

OMG I'm sorry I wasn't here when you replied to me, Nina. I was posting on my other boards and watching the Phillies game at the same time and I never came back here to check on the Borgias board.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Frankly, I'm not sure. It wasn't my favourite.

What can I say, Alex. I was here.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me neither. I got sick of that song after a while.

I'm sorry, Nina. Oh, and can we watch Kill Me Again tomorrow if you're free?

I was posting from work earlier. I just got home so I'm gonna take a shower and be back soon.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

I have a work thing at 6. But yes. Not sure about tomorrow. Hopefully. Fingers Crossed. I'll PM you.

Old 08-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I see. Well, PM me if you're able to do the watch tomorrow.

You have a work thing at 6pm today?
Old 08-12-2020, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, it's a conference so... events all day & evening with breaks. *sigh*

Closed Thread   Post New Thread