Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LJ seems to have a lot of crazy/awesome stuff, same with tumblr

Chrissy |
Old 08-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

You just have to find it, is all!

A long time ago, my friend Shannon ran a comm on LJ that was called dirtywrong100 - so much crazy crack!fic there: Memorable Entries

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, just requires a bit of digging

Just some of those Challenge titles

Chrissy |
Old 08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

I posted the first fic I ever wrote there... and that was... oh gosh, after a year and a half of English... I should be embarrassed but I'm not, okay? dirtywrong100: Nina - "Two Fingertips From Forbidden Bliss" - Alias - R

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alias fic I'm assuming from all the names?

Chrissy |
Old 08-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Yep. I was very much involved in that fandom. Still one of my favourite shows. This of course was just written for the lulz and I realise now that I didn't have a really good grip on prepositions back in the day but as I said what can you expect with only having had a year and a few months of English lessons up to that point. It could have been worse though. I wrote some better stuff that made sense later.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd say for not having spoken English for very long at that point you did a good job

Chrissy |
Old 08-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

You're lovely for saying that.

What I actually was looking for was a ficlet my friend wrote but it says file not found. It was the most hilarious thing about Ephram from 'Everwood' riding the NYC subway and there meeting Arvin Sloane ('Alias'), naked except for a clown nose. It was too brilliant.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds totally random

Chrissy |
Old 08-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

I must ask her if she still has a copy of that. It was just hilarious.
All in all, it was such good times when I still had moments of carefree writing not threating all the time that every word and every line had to be perfect and meaningful. Because really, when I think about it that way... there are only two or three fics really worthy that I posted in my signiture. But... it should be a hobby, no. I need to get over myself.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, yes fics are supposed to be fun, although when they have better writing that makes it easier to read through them and it carries the story off. But well... it's best not to take it too seriously

Chrissy |
Old 08-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. It's just sometimes I read fic people wrote and I cringe at certain wordings or plot developments. And then I wonder if people are doing that with my fic too (most likely, eh because when write you never please anyone). In all fairness, I don't think my writing is particularly bad, I just think the problem with most of my stories is that they have a plot and the characterization is okay-ish and the wording of things hopefully not too gruesome but at the end of the day, I don't think I brought a brilliant point across except for showing interactions between two or more people with no particular beginning or end. Sort of like in French cinema just less intellectual because let's face it it's fanfic.

By the same token I'm never so harsh with others. I'm just glad I have something to read.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't read much fic at all because I normally just focus on books. But I think part of why I don't is because of how people write things or how they develop it. And I know it's just fic... and it doesn't have to be perfect it's just so ideal

Alright PLL is about to come on so that's gonna distract me for the next hour and then it'll be time to go to trivia

Chrissy |
Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

In general I agree with you, I prefer books most of the time. The only time when I go back to fic is - like in the case of CL - I find it so heartbreaking and I need MORE. Or on Alias where I was always convinced there was so much more conspiracy to uncover.

See, that's what I mean, I wrote this, I think it's an okay read and not particularly embarrassing to say 'okay, I wrote this' - but does it serve a higher purpose? Not really, no.
Adult Content Notice

Yeah, so I'm torn. Oh... have to download PLL tomorrow. Hope it'll be a brilliant episode! Enjoy!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread