Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnj (View Post)
Oh she did? That's awesome. So is this "power" as in more responsibilities in the Vatican (because there really was a time when Alexander/Rodrigo left Lucrezia in charge while he was away)? Or "power" as in being allowed into the Borgia men's political inner sanctum?
Actually I'm not sure either. I think it's more of soft power, like she did with King Charles to save Rome.

icon
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

A subtle power that can go unnoticed but is very effective
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think Lucrezia is a classic example of "behind every powerful man is an equally powerful woman". She already has influenced the fates of her father and the king of France.

Chloe & Alek
Julie| twitter
Old 06-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverafter12 (View Post)
I think Lucrezia is a classic example of "behind every powerful man is an equally powerful woman". She already has influenced the fates of her father and the king of France.
You got that absolutely right. I think that's what Holly meant in the interview Obviously she's not in power to control the Vatican in any way but I think she will have a slight influence on the outcome of the event.

icon
Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
She must have dyed her hair blonde for the show then. Or is she a natural blonde?
I don't know if she's a natural blonde or not but it looks lovely on her regardless!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Julie I completely agree She is the perfect example of Behind every powerful man is an equally powerful woman. She is that and so much more
Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverafter12 (View Post)
Completely agree. She really grew into her own so much this past season, and handled that diplomatic situation superbly.

As were speaking of S2 a bit earlier, I just saw a quick heads-up on an interview with Neil J. in the official Borgia wiki. There is a quote and a link within the post:

Season Two Peek @ Official Borgias Wiki

In 1501, I believe it was, Alexander did leave Lucrezia in charge of the Vatican for a time while he was off on business. Neil J's take on that should be interesting. To say the cardinals on The Borgias will be upset is probably an understatement. The first time I read he did that, I was pretty surprised. It says alot about the confidence he had in her intelligence and capabilities.

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler

Last edited by jnnj; 06-03-2011 at 01:47 PM
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that he had that much confidence in her but I can imagine the Cardinals weren't happy though
Old 06-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnj (View Post)

In 1501, I believe it was, Alexander did leave Lucrezia in charge of the Vatican for a time while he was off on business. Neil J's take on that should be interesting. To say the cardinals on The Borgias will be upset is probably an understatement. The first time I read he did that, I was pretty surprised. It says alot about the confidence he had in her intelligence and capabilities.
I don't think Cardinal Sforza will be too happy about that

icon
Old 06-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
I don't think Cardinal Sforza will be too happy about that
Pfft. Cardinal Sforza can stuff it! Lucrezia would be better at it than him anyway

Chrissy |
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Absolutely Lucrezia would do so much better I can't wait for S2 and I haven't even finished S1 yet
Old 06-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissalaugha (View Post)
Pfft. Cardinal Sforza can stuff it! Lucrezia would be better at it than him anyway
I kinda like Cardinal Sforza. Whenever him and Rodrigo have a scene together, I always find myself something to smile and laugh about

icon
Old 06-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't dislike the guy but I just think she'd be better at the job that him. He'd be worried about his own neck and what his family would want whereas someone in that position should be worrying about what the pope would want done

Chrissy |
Old 06-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly she would have the Pope and Rome's best interests in mind
Old 06-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hence why she'd be the best person for the job

Chrissy |
Closed Thread   Post New Thread