Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Episode Discussion 8x05 "The Bells" (12th May 2019)

Some reminders
- No spoilers for future episodes or discussions based on spoilers,
we have a Spoiler Board for a reason.
- Please respect each other's opinion and view.
- No bashing on actors or crew members.

SPOILER POLICY

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 05-13-2019 at 03:38 PM
Old 05-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Tftnt
Old 05-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Moderator Manager

No problem
Old 05-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 05-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

All this episode proved was how TRASH episode 4 was and the writers have been this season. For Dany to do all that with one Dragon.

And I don't feel bad about any of what she did. they all deserve it. The writers ruined Dany for this lame SL
Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
All this episode proved was how TRASH episode 4 was and the writers have been this season. For Dany to do all that with one Dragon.

And I don't feel bad about any of what she did. they all deserve it. The writers ruined Dany for this lame SL
Pretty much. I cheered when she burned everyone. I didn't completely hate this episode, even if I thought I would. I'm still angry with Sansa for pushing Dany over the edge, but Tyrion did a lot more to push her over the edge than Sansa did.

A lot of the leaks and spoilers came true, even if I'm disappointed that Arya didn't get revenge. Cersei didn't die the way she was supposed to, either. However,the leak said Jamie and Cersei would die together. It also said that Tyrion helped them and betrayed Dany.

The only things that surprised me were Arya leaving and Jon saying he loved Dany. I hate that his hesitation to kiss his aunt is hurting her so much. That and Varys was supposed to die in the next episode. Arya didn't get to kill anyone, which really sucks.

I can't possibly be disappointed with the massive amount of spoilers I read. I'm glad not all the stuff in the leaks came true, but I expected the absolute worst and did not get the worst.

The Dothraki being alive was my favorite part. If they didn't kill off the Dothraki, then it's not all complete racism.

It's nice to see that Varys died for trying to put a king who doesn't want to be king on the throne.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

so in the course of 74 episodes, Dany didn't kill a single innocent while under extreme pressure only to kill almost a million of them in one fell swoop because few bells rang. wtf.

i felt so bad for Dany and Jaime. their characters are assassinated the most. Brienne didn't lose her virginity to Jaime for Jaime just to go back to Cersei. i hoped he was going back to kill her but all of Jaime's development...for nothing.

so much feels pointless.

at this point i only can connect with Arya a bit. but she didn't get to kill Cersei, i felt it would have been deserved if she did.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. The leaks were true.

The show runners ruined everything. They turned Daeneyrs into the "Mad Queen". Cersei's forces had surrendered. Bells were ringing. There was no need to kill all those people. There was no need to turn Daenerys into a ruler who was just bad as her father the "Mad King" Aerys II.

There was also no need to have Grey Worm kill without honor. The enemy had surrendered. They had laid down their arms. There was no need for Grey Worm to lead his men to slaughter the soldiers who had surrendered.

I am furious with this turn in the plot.

I am angry with the show runners.

I am angry with George R. R. Martin if this was the plot that he outlined for the show runners.

This wasn't necessary.

Dany had many positive traits. She had a sense of justice and great compassion for the oppressed. There was no need to turn her into a monster. And I'm angry that Drogon, who had fought so many battles to help free and protect so many people was used BY HIS MOTHER as an actual monster to burn innocents.

So I'm horrified because the rumors I've heard about the finale are probably true.

Because there is no way the ending will be "bittersweet."

It is clearly set up to be just bitter.

Congrats D&D or even GRRM; you ruined it and you are just leaving a bitter taste proving that women are not fit to rule or go mad, that the man in the shining white armor are always right and that you are destined to do what your father before you did.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
so in the course of 74 episodes, Dany didn't kill a single innocent while under extreme pressure only to kill almost a million of them in one fell swoop because few bells rang. wtf.
Just when I thought it couldn't get worst. that happened

Quote:
Pretty much. I cheered when she burned everyone. I didn't completely hate this episode, even if I thought I would. I'm still angry with Sansa for pushing Dany over the edge, but Tyrion did a lot more to push her over the edge than Sansa did.
They all played a part and then act like she's doing this for no reason.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)

i felt so bad for Dany and Jaime. their characters are assassinated the most. Brienne didn't lose her virginity to Jaime for Jaime just to go back to Cersei. i hoped he was going back to kill her but all of Jaime's development...for nothing.

so much feels pointless.

at this point i only can connect with Arya a bit. but she didn't get to kill Cersei, i felt it would have been deserved if she did.
I knew Jamie and Cersei would die together, but I still thought Arya would get to kill her. They could just crawl towards each other.

I agree with whomever said that Jaime doesn't deserve redemption. I'm really angry about what happened to Brienne and he sucks. He doesn't deserve redemption and he's a rapist. I think Dany just snapped, because she hesitated a good bit before she started attacking people.

Honestly? I don't care-They deserved it. They're fickle and turned on their monarchs. They only cared about Margaery.

I want to see Yara next episode. I didn't see her helping out, which was a disappointment.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Ah yes, the crazy foreign woman and the hyper violent brown savages decide to massacre poor innocent (mostly white) people when peaceful surrender was all but assured because they're just "like that" and it's definitely not the fault of the misogyny and racism of the white male writers we've been drowning in emmys for a decade for all their other sexist and racist and hackneyed bull****.

This show isn't just bad writing, it's problematic as hell.

Almost feel ashamed calling myself a GOT fan. This is not the show I was watching for the past years.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Absolute Fan

I had told myself that I was going to "hatewatch" these last two episodes, but reading recaps about this most recent episode has me doubting whether or not I'm actually going to do so.

Cersei and Jaime dying in each other's arms as a building falls on them is actually rather poetic, in a strange way, given that we were first introduced to their incestuous relationship inside a tower.

People are really mad about him going back to her, but he and she are actually the only characters who weren't destroyed by the writing of this season because he's always been someone who would do absolutely anything for her and so him choosing to die with her is actually very much in-character for him.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

There were some beautiful death scenes this episodes!
Old 05-12-2019, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)
Ah yes, the crazy foreign woman and the hyper violent brown savages decide to massacre poor innocent (mostly white) people when peaceful surrender was all but assured because they're just "like that" and it's definitely not the fault of the misogyny and racism of the white male writers we've been drowning in emmys for a decade for all their other sexist and racist and hackneyed bull****.

This show isn't just bad writing, it's problematic as hell.

Almost feel ashamed calling myself a GOT fan. This is not the show I was watching for the past years.
Seriously,although I'm happy that they didn't get wiped out.

GRRM on the ending
Old 05-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

What the actual **** was that episode?? I am so disappointed with this show… I never expected it would end this way yet here we are. They've assassinated so many characters and thrown all of their development and traits we've see for the past 8 past eight years down the toilet. I know this show's treatment of women has not been great in the past, but the misogyny embedded in this last season is so upsetting… because a woman cannot be on the throne, right? They're too emotional, they be cray. And of course last week they had to kill off the only woman of color on the show in order to achieve this.