Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Goodbye My Lover, Cory Monteith

Cory Monteith: May 11th, 1982 - ∞
Board: January 1st, 2011 - July 13th, 2014

There isn't an easy way to say this but the Cory Monteith board is officially closing on July 13th, 2014.

That's right. We both decided that the right time to close the board would be the 1 year anniversary of his passing. This wasn't an easy decision. Since after his passing, we had battled
with this decision on whether or not that we should close this board or not but now, we have a reached to a decision that it is best to close the board. His death was not easy to get over
with since he had this major impact in our lives. After a year, we thought it would be easy to keep his spirit alive but it wasn't since it's still fresh in our minds. After he was gone, we had
good days, bad days posting on here but mostly, we've been sad, unhappy. We could all "still see his face and hear his voice so clearly." There's a hole in our hearts
where Cory used to be. This moves forward our decision on closing the board.

(x)

I first saw Cory on Glee as Finn Hudson. He plays this character that I could relate to and many of us could relate.
He was the character that I rooted for to have all of his dreams comes true. I just wish I could of met Cory and thank
him for playing Finn. Honestly, I wouldn't watch Glee if it weren't for him. I was close to giving up the show. I did
what any fan would do by staying up watching interviews of Cory and getting to know him. He was genuine, lovable,
and with the big heart. His heart is why I fell for him. As many of you know, I've been the mod of Cory for over 3 1/4
years since the board first open. Cory means the world to me and I know he meant to a lot of people. If it weren't for
Cory, I wouldn't be friends with Clem, Raddy, Leyla, or anyone. They're one of my favorite people in the world. We
have so many memories on here. We had too many rewatch to count but I'd say the best rewatch is the time we
rewatch The Proposal together in the OT thread. We all love Cory so much and his death hurt us which is why we
decided why to close the board. Cory brought us together and for that I am forever grateful. ♥ Adie

I first saw Cory as Finn Hudson as it is the case for many of us, but then I remembered him also as the guy from Kyle XY. I will also always remember the first time I posted on this board and how everyone welcomed me. I know it's a cliché to say we're a family but it's really true, we laughed, cried and freaked out together.
And then there was Cory of course Cory who always managed to amazed me with his personality. Every fan of him knows that there was much more than his face, there was his spirit, his kindness, his faith in humanity. He made me stronger at times where I thought everything was lost, he made me smile when I was crying and he brought me people when I was so alone. But it's time to let go. I will always remember that terrible morning where I read about him passing out, it's one of these moments where everything freezes and you're just....speechless.
But if Cory taught me one thing it's that there is two ways to look at life, you can lay in your bed all day long and cry about how life is unfair, how unlucky you are or you can get up and live your life at its fullest and never give up until you are where you want to be. You can remember the worst or remember the better. I'm definitely going to choose the latter. Cory, sweet angel, thank you for making my life better, for teaching me what really matters. I love you, there's not a day where I don't think about you. Your legacy is safe you can be assured of that.
As for the people here: Adie, Raddy, Leyla, you know what you guys mean to me, I've said it many times but you girls are such good friends and good person and you've inspired me so much, you made me strong too. Adie, you've been the best co-mod a girl can ever ask for, this OP is wonderful, I love you so much.
Em, Yoann, Marine "my french crew", you guys are wonderful and so funny and just incredible, never change, never forget to stay awesome and Em, I hope to see you soon . Jordan, Sara, thank you for sticking with us until the very end.
I would also like to thank all the regular posters who stopped to see, pm'd to check if everything was alright, especially Linda, Catia, San, Missy and the moderators management team for being so understanding .
This is it, I can't really type anymore because I'm crying so hard but the best things have to come to an end right?
I love you more than words can express.

♥ Clem

Forever in your hearts
This is how we're always going to remember him.
You could also take this as a million reasons why he was a better person than you.

(x)

(x)

(x)

“He is extremely adorable and awkward in person and just super cute. It was a volunteer thing for homeless youth because Cory was actually homeless himself when he dropped out of high school so it’s an organization that means a lot to him. He asked what volunteering I did so I explained it to him and gave him a bracelet from the organization I volunteer for (the black and blue one on his left wrist) (…) It means the world to me that he even put it on and showed support for something he hardly knew. He walked into the first room and it was just me and a couple people eating there and he was talking to the people in charge. Then he looked our way so I waved and he actually gave me such a cute smile…He was just really nice and helped flipping burgers and making hot dogs for the homeless youth and then me and 18 others who won the contest got to meet him individually. He’s honestly a sweetheart and very down to earth.”

But the time I got up there I was shaking like mad and was extremely nervous. Someone had written on a note my name just so he could sign that on the DVD, so one the note was George and he looked at me with this quirky smile and then said “George?” I said “It is my nickname but it has become the name more people call me.” He smiled and just continued signing. I just started making causal conversation and then while he was signing one of my DVD’S/C.D’s. I just dropped into the conversation and said “I really have to thank you because you and Glee saved my life”. He then stopped signing my DVD and look up, clearly curious to find out what I meant. I then told him that I was diagnosed with depression recently and how when I felt like I had no one Glee was always there for me and so was its music. It was really hard to talk about this because I don’t talk about it to a lot of the people I am close with let alone complete strangers but he seemed so understanding and the way he was looking at me made me cry because he seemed like he actually wanted to know my story. I them continued to talk to him about the problems I have had with drugs and alcohol. He then told me he had the same thing. All I could do was give him a weak smile and continue with my story saying that, "I know I found that out about you and it gave me a little bit of strength because it made me see that I could come out of this okay, because I never really get to hear the good stories. He then reached over and took my hand and he was looking up to me with complete eye contact and told me "It gets better." I stared to cry. I then gave him a letter I had written which went into a bit more detail about my story and the way Glee has impacted my life. It was funny he went to sign the envelope but then I stopped him and he thanked me for the letter- I really do hope he reads it. Then he took and photo with me and gave me a huge hug. As my friend got all her stuff done and meet him. I just stood at the side recording a video and taking a picture. Just as we left I looked back at him and gave him a weak smile, by this point I couldn’t control my tears and he gave me the cutest smile and he look as if he was about to say something but he didn’t. All in all it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and was something that I couldn’t believe happened having him say that to me gave me so much strength and courage. So people can joke about my obsession with that show but I will remember that show was there for me when a lot of people weren’t. – George

"I met Cory today. After waiting for what felt like forever, I finally got my turn. We talked for a moment and I handed him a picture I wanted him to sign. When I did, he saw my wrist, or more importantly, my scars. He stood up and hugged me and said that he knew what it was like to go through rough times and to never give in. He kissed me on the forehead and asked me to never do it again." Meeting Cory at Australia, 2012.

Cory at Glee 3D Concert Premiere
We heard the MC announce “Oh ladies, get ready, here comes Cory Monteith! The girls behind me started screaming, and I was pretty excited but also a little exhausted. Finn isn’t my favorite character, but I don’t dislike him. I guess all i’m saying was that after meeting Chris Colfer and Darren Criss I had gotten the two people I was the most fanish about. Still I think Cory Monteith is incredibly talented, and his life story is pretty remarkable so there was still some antsy excitedness within me. We waited and waited because we were towards the end. After forty five minutes, someone asked, “Is he still even here?”. We look down the isle and he’s taking pictures with some fans, having conversations and signing things. He finally gets to us and instantly I was charmed. He was so sweet, kind and laughing at all of our jokes. I got him to say hi to someone who couldn’t make it and he did it willingly and smiled and winked afterwards. I found out later that he turned down doing an interview solely so he could spent more time with the fans. He spent real time talking to us, making sure he got to every single fan. He really cares about the fans, and that honestly…totally won me over. Now newly leading a Cory Monteith appreciated life. Source: brizzbee @ Tumblr.

Cory answered: “Man, a girl in Manchester (England) showed up at our hotel. She caught me outside the hotel and said, ‘Would you sign something for me?’ A bunch of us were signing stuff for her. She said, ‘Sign my arm.’ “I was like, ‘Are you sure?’ She handed me a felt pen and I signed her arm. She had my signature tattooed on her arm. I saw photos on the Internet. She actually came to the show. She was in the third row.” Source: Entertainment Inquirer

So I went to a concert in LA last night and it turns out Cory Monteith was there right behind me. No big deal right? I only freaked a little. I didn’t think I’d actually get a chance to meet him or anything though and I didn’t want to be THAT kind of fan. Plus, I was enjoying the show. After the set, I turned around and he wasn’t there anymore. I thought I missed my chance but it’s not all bad because at least I saw him in person once. I went outside with friends between bands and there he was again. As the next band was warming up and we were all on our way back inside he passed right by me and I just had to stop him. How could I not? I told him it’s my birthday (which is really tomorrow but still) and that all I want is a picture with him. So he put his arm around me and I put my arm around him and we took an awesome picture. He said it’s not a lot to ask for a birthday. I told him I’m easy to please. He smiled and was about to walk away when he suddenly stuck out his hand and wished me a happy birthday. He said “nice to meet you.” Cory Monteith said it was nice to meet me! I shook his hand (it was big and firm and kind of soft) and I said “you too,” and I wasn’t lying. And then to make it awkward I had to add on, “you are awesome,” as he was about to walk away. I think that was my proudest moment. So yeah, that was my Tuesday night. How was yours? There was also this thing before the picture where my cousin (that had met him several times before and knew how important this show is to me but still) made me save her spot up front while she went to meet ‘the band.’ Then she came back ten minutes later to tell me she had a whole conversation with him. Thanks cuz. (Glee Concert. Staples Center. 2011) Source: lostmyrocket @ tumblr.

Tonight i got to meet one of the lead actors from Glee, Cory Monteith, Aka, Finn Hudson. All I can say is he was the nicest guy I have ever come across both Celebrity and Non, he was great to talk to and just really nice and actually interested in our conversation. We both got photos with him and he gave us both hugs and said it was very nice to meet us, he also mentioned he will be in Aus for Christmas and that he might be returning later in the year (Possible confirmation of the Glee live 2012 tour in Aus) but yes this moment has now been a highlight of my life I will not forget. Not to forget he also loved my blazer which was my Warbler blazer worn by the Warblers and Blaine throughout the show (lucky coincidence) Source: adventuresofawide-eyedwanderer @ tumblr.

He’s such a sweetheart. He spoke about his childhood, and his transition from actor, to some sort of secret shopper, he had an intervention, the boy had a lot going on in his life. I defiantly see him in a different light. I didn’t realize the skill it must take to play someone as “naive” as Finn. Source: fan from Inside the Actor’s studio.

Last night at like 3am Cory tweeted saying he met tony hawk and I saw tony hawk yesterday and i was like no you didn’t cory.. he’s in mammoth and then he tweeted again saying “mammoth is rad.” and i was like WHAAAT?! and i started freaking out. Then i had to work at the mountain today and i woke up early hopeing to get a cash register at the front instead of the back but i got stuck in the back so i was like fuuuck, and thinking that since there is a ton of people in town, i’d never get to see him. Every time I saw a tall guy my heart dropped thinking it was him. But right after the rush ended and I was just about to get off, here comes this super handsome tall guy and the two guys came right up to the back counter and cory came directly to me and was like ” can i buy a lift ticket from you?” and i was like “yea definitly” and for the tickets you have to get a first name, last name, an address and birthdate and so i asked and he was like m-o-n-t- and i was like i know and started laughing. Then i was like what’s your birthday? and he goes ‘woaah getting personal now aren’t we? i can’t tell you until after our second date’ and i was like akjshdfkjashdfkjahsdkjfhsakdjhf and just smiling really big and he kinda just laughed it off and then told me his birthday. (even though i already knew it) Then I had to ask what his address was..and he goes.. i kinda can’t give that out and i was like it’s cool don’t worry about it. Then when he payed he was like now you have my autograph and i said it’s too bad i can’t keep it! [because it was CC receipt], He then asked me heres a good place to get coffee was and i said mccoy which is straight across or there is a starbucks at the end of the village. and he said ” great thanks so much” and I gave him his lift ticket. Then he turns to me and goes, “how does this work?” [talking about the lift ticket) So i told him to keep it away from cell phones and stuff and he said: “alrighty, but what happens when i lose it?’ So i told him and everything then he said: “nice meeting you’ and then i helped justin and the other guy while he got coffee. At that point I couldn’t believe that I actually was just talking to him.. So I went to the coffee shop and was like “i’m sorry..but can i please get a picture with you? if you dont want to its cool don’t worry about it’ and he goes ‘oh no don’t worry about it , i apperciate you helping me out can i have a hug? and i was like :oo yess!” so he hugged me . HE SMELT SO GOOD. Then when we took the picture and Justin was making fun of me saying: “i can’t believe you want a picture with Cory, he’s nothing special’ and Cory started laughing and was like “Shut up justin!” and the Justin was like ‘SAY CHEESE!” So i was laughing when we took the first picture and Cory goes ‘i think we were laughing lets take another one’ so i was like OKAAAY . and then the second picture cory said: “my eyes were closed, lets do one more!” and i was like that’s fine with me. So finally we took a semi good picture, and he thanked me for everything and I left.
Source: therewillalwaysbefinchel @ Tumblr

then Finn Hudson aka Cory Monteith came in and said hello for about 5 minutes, and left to shoot another scene. as he left he was like, i’ll be right back. i wasn’t expecting him to come back since everyones visit was reletively short. but, he came back and we took a few pictures together, then he sat down on the couch with my mom and i and talked for about 20 minutes. he was just talking about how his audition and how he never sang or danced before this. i told him one day i hope to be on acting on a show and told me that if he can sing and dance on glee, so can i. giving me hope that things are possible. (cheesy, but true.) he was so very lax and easy to talk to. such a truly nice guy. Source: sarahmichellebridget @ Tumblr.

And Cory is now my favorite person in the world because that guy is so ****ing nice, and awkward. The guy was trying to speak french. Like he said ” Merci ” ( thanks ) and at the end he also said ” Bonsoir ” And that was so awkward because me and my friend took our pictures with him and then he was like..” waiting” for us to say something. Like staying there and waiting. So after a few seconds of intense silence I said ” …So…Are you enjoying Paris? ” And suddenly it was like all the happiness in the world came in his body and he was excited and answered something like ” OH YES SO MUCH. ” Then, another silence. And I said ” Great..so thanks, and goodbye ” and He said ” Bonsoir” He turned away. He walked a few steps. He turned back. A smile. He left. Like I said, awkward. Source: Fan meeting Lea/Cory at Paris. 2012.

Fan encounter after Bonnie Dune concert in LA.
Anonymous asked: Tell us your Cory story! I love him and it sounds so cute Any cute details or moments?

This is my favorite story to tell, actually, just because I was so pleasantly surprised by him. Ok, so I was living in LA on my own, and my sister had come to visit me. I ended up getting us tickets to go and see Bonnie Dune, because I love them and I really wanted to go. So me and JoAnn(sis) we get there, and we wait in line, and everything is awesome. The opening acts were seriously talented. Anyway, after the curtain opens, and Bonnie Dune starts playing(we were all the way in the front. I was leaning on the stage. The Roxy is my favorite place ever.), I could NOT take my eyes off Cory. Seriously, I was stunned by the man. He is seriously gorgeous in person. Anyway. I smiled at him, and like, he winked back and smiled at me and then waved when he had a second. Like. He’s the best eye contact maker ever. I appreciated it. So after the show, I go outside and the opening acts are out there being awesome, and one of the girls from the second band to go on came up to me and we started talking. She apparently saw me clapping and dancing like a fool while her band was performing, so she introduced herself. Well, she was standing with me when I found out my car had gotten towed, and I was stranded in the middle of Hollywood with my sister who didn’t know where the hell she was. It was bad. I had a seriously bad attack bubbling, and I swear, it was going to HURT. So I start shaking, and the girl from the opening band, she tells me to hang on and goes inside. She comes back out, and a few minutes later, so does Cory. He walks up to us and is like ‘Are you Michelle? I heard about your car, and I just wanted to let you know that you’re not going to get stranded here.’ And I was crying, and shaking, and cold, so he hugged me and kept on telling me that everything was going to be ok. And like, there were obviously fans waiting to meet him, but he just kept on telling me that we’d find my car, and we’d be ok. And he walked away to sign for the other girls after like five minutes of just holding me. And it was awesome. Anyway, before he goes inside, he asked if I was ok. And I told him I was. And he went inside. And then one of the security guards helped me and my sister get in contact with the people that towed my car, and he said he’d help us get a ride to the place so we could pick it up. And Cory drives around to the front of the venue, and rolls down his window. And all the girls were like surrounding him, but I was off to the side with my sister and the security guard, and he calls out to me and goes ‘Did you find your car?’ And I told him I had, and he was like ‘Good! Have a good night, I hope we meet under better circumstances next time.’ And he laughed, and waved, and had this adorable smile on his face as he drove away. He was so awesome, seriously. Oh, and he took a picture with me, but I’m crying in it, so I look really bad. And Cory looks frightened. But yeah. So there’s my Cory Story. Source: badassnumberwha @ Tumblr.

oh ALSO when I met Cory (I just remembered this) just before I was about to go up on the stage, I overheard the security guards talking and they were like ‘they’re all getting photos with him and it’s slowing everyone down so we might not make it through everyone’ and the other guard was like ‘we can’t stop them though because he actually wants to take photos with them’ and I almost cried hearing that so.

Anonymous asked: post your pic with cory omg what was it like meeting him?
Answer: He’s the sweetest He must have been so tired from filming all day (me and my friends sat outside his set for 4 hours lmfao) but there ended up being a big group of girls there and he took individual time for each of us. We told him about our performing and he was like “oh, that’s so cool ” hehe

pocketfullofsmile asked: u met cory? u r so lucky!! is he nice?
He was the sweetest person ever, holy crap. He’s filming a movie where I live and me and my friends waited outside the set for like four hours haha. Then a bunch of other girls came and we thought “Oh, great, we won’t get to see him now,” but he came over and all the girls were in shock so I shook his hand and introduced myself and he asked if I wanted a picture and I said sure AND HE LIKE WRAPPED HIS ARM AROUND ME. He got individual pictures with all of us and was so nice about it, and told me and my friends it was really cool we were doing an acting program at our local professional theatre, and signed my phone.
Source: alt-plus-3 @ tumblr

Glee Live 2011
I’ve been pretty fortunate when it comes to meeting the Glee cast. Between stage dooring during Glee Live 2010 and dumb luck at Glee Live 2011, I managed to snag everyone’s autograph (minus Lea, Chord, and Darren). The cast didn’t sign in Vegas during the tour in 2011, but a couple of girls and I went and camped out before the show in the area we thought might be the stage door. Over the spam of a couple of hours, we saw Kevin, Ashley, Chris, Heather, and the Warbler boys. It was getting close to the start of the concert, so we figured no one else from the cast would be coming. But then who comes walking up to the side door from outside the hotel but CORY FREAKING MONTEITH. He was alone without any security and I don’t really know where he came from but it was amazing! He walked in and you could tell he wasn’t expecting to see any fans there, because he did a double take and then peeked around the corner to make sure there wasn’t a mob of girls hiding. We assured him that it was just us so he relaxed and said he could stay “as long as you don’t scream.” So he posed for pictures and signed autographs and was just so charming, warm, friendly, and down to earth. He just makes you feel relaxed when you’re around him- not intimidating at all. You can tell he thinks he is nothing special and is so unaffected by his fame. All the nice things you hear about Cory are completely and totally true. He’s just a nice guy. I can’t say enough good things about him. And oh, oh is he gorgeous in person. Those dimples, that face♥!!!!! He was so precious- at one point a girl was having trouble with her camera and he said “If you want, I can help you with that. I’ve become a bit of a camera expert over the last few years.” and then did that adorable Finn half smile he’s famous for. Source: iwillalwaysbeyourlight @ tumblr

The best day of my life. Last year, A friend and I went into the city to see if we could catch a glimpse of Cory. After about 3 hours of waiting we decided to check a different entrance before giving up. We went back to check and nothing so we shrugged it off and went to leave. As we were walking away we heard the girls we were with scream for us to come back. I turned around and Cory Monteith was standing in the lobby. He was running late to his taping of Fallon but still took the time to take a picture with the few girls waiting for him. My friend and I were last on the line and his publicist apologized on his behalf and said that he had to get going. We hadn’t taken a picture yet but it was okay with me because I mean Cory Monteith was standing in front of me and that was enough. I managed to make eye contact with him and smiled. The precious man that he is looked at me, smiled, looked at his publicist and said, “One more.” He then put his arm around me and I pretty much died. After the picture was done he looked down and smiled again and I said thank you so much and again he smiled and ran off. I swear. He is the sweetest man in the world. You can tell how much he really cares about his fans. Fan encounter at Jimmy Fallon taping. Source: youhaveafaceforasmile @ tumblr

I saw Cory through the glass of the door and I swear I almost passed out. It was the weirdest thing seeing him in flesh and blood. So Savannah went to talk to Edith before Cory and Lea had even come out. Edith was super sweet and so gentle. Lea came up to Savannah and said something like “I’m so sorry I can’t stop, I have to get into the car with my parents!” I was with Cory, and I asked him if I could please get a picture and he smiled and said ‘Yeah, sure!”Savannah was still talking to Lea and Edith, so I was just like “Please can we just wait for my friend?” and he was like, “Sure, but i’m so sorry, Lea’s just really tired!” and I was like, “It’s fine!” And then he laughed and said, “See, i’m second choice here!”. He was obviously just having a laugh. So Savannah said goodbye to Lea and walked over to where I was with Cory, and we took a few pictures. HOLY LORD THAT MAN IS SO MUSCLEY. I’M NOT EVEN KIDDING HE IS SO FREAKING FIT. I WILL LITERALLY PUNCH ANYONE WHO CALLS HIM FAT. HE’S SO GORGEOUS AND TONED AND HE PUT HIS ARM AROUND ME AND I ALMOST DIED. HE’S SO GORGEOUS. HE HAS BEEN WORKING OUT FOR SURE. Anyway, I almost died from body contact, but then we said goodbye and thanked him for being so amazing and inspiring us, and he was super modest and said “Oh, thank you so much!” when we told him how amazing he was. He then god into the car next to Lea in the backseat. Marc was driving and Edith was in the passenger seat. Needless to say, tonight was the best night of my entire life. Source: sex-god-monteith @ tumblr

I was at a music festival with literally thousands of people. How the **** could I just bump into Cory Monteith??!!! I showed him a picture on my phone that I took of him at Hershey Park and he grabbed my phone from my hand and said “No ****ing way!” “Holy **** we’ve got to get another picture together!!!” Then he started trying to stop people walking by to ask them to take a pic of us. I was shaking so bad that I couldn’t even type in the password to unlock my phone and he snatched from hand and said “Whats your password?” LMFAO Cory stopped a random person to ask her to take a pic of us together. He said the photo wasn’t good enough so he took the next ones himself! Source: cmonteithsmile @ tumblr

“He was singing while this picture was being taken. haha. He sang “I believe I can fly”. Talked to Cory more tonight than I ever have, then he followed me on twitter, so cool! He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Such a great guy!” “Always so nice to see him! He is one of the nicest guys in show business!” “I always love seeing Cory, he is just an all around great guy, and of course I love him in Glee!” “He is sooo nice!” “He is always SO nice every time I see him!” “I’m never sure what to put under Cory’s pictures except for you will never meet a nicer guy, EVER!” Source: Stalker Sarah

BTW. Cory is the sweetest person ever. He made a point of thanking us and saying he hopes we are still around in ten years when he’s all washed up and working at a car wash or something. Then one of the production guys made a point of coming over and talking about how Cory is the sweetest and most humble and said something about how he understands that he wouldn’t be where he is without his fans and so wants to give them attention. Source: grbggrl @ tumblr

The paramount tour guide told us that Cory and Darren are by far the nicest people on the lot and that sometimes Cory tries to get people’s attention on tours by going behind the carts and making dinosaur sounds to make people turn around. Source: mrandmrs-hudson @ tumblr

It was so cool to meet [Cory]. He’s such a sweetheart! He chatted with us until he had to get ready for the show. We also met Jenna, who plays Tina on the show. She was so nice to stop to say hello to us all. I really loved meeting her! [fan encounter backstage at the 2011 Glee concert in San Jose]

"ALL WE GOT LEFT IS HIS VOICE IN OUR HEADS. I'M SORRY. IT'S TIME TO BE YOUR OWN QUARTERBACK."

THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES ON THIS BOARD. THANK YOU FOR POSTING WITH US AND JUST BE YOU.

Last edited by Stars Fade; 07-11-2014 at 11:03 PM
Old 07-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Reading through this thread was like losing Cory all over again. It was like a punch in the gut that led to swelling in the throat to hot tears pouring down my face. It brings me so much sadness that this board is coming to an end, though I understand everyone's decision and completely respect it as I couldn't stay here as a moderator myself because it was too painful.

I didn't want to write this tonight or now because of how much I was crying while reading through this and now I'm in a terribly depressed mood but I knew if I didn't now I may not get to it before Sunday out of fear of putting myself in this mood again. So may as well write this as I'm still choking up tears.

All I can really say is that I loved this board. I loved being here. I met some of the most amazing people here. I had some of the funnest nights of my life here. I have no regrets, and nothing but great memories of this board and that will forever remain. Just like how I having nothing but never ending love for Cory. I love this board, but I love Cory much more, and being here without him around is just too hard and painful. A constant reminder of everything lost, of the beautiful humble down-to-earth man who is gone. So thus why I have avoided FanForum and Tumblr and fandom culture in general since his passing.

I will forever consider Cory Monteith as my idol, my role model, my favourite celebrity, my #mancrushmonday (lol), my favourite actor, my favourite singer, my favourite musician, and my biggest inspiration until the day I die. And I am proud of that fact, I will be proud to answer the question, "Who inspired you to be where you are right now the most" when I am hopefully successful with a split second response, "Cory Monteith". I've had the blessing of sharing who Cory Monteith was with a lot of real life friends of mine who didn't know of him but knew how badly his death affected me. I will always keep your memory alive Cory in the greatest light, I promise. I know that we will all have many ways to keep his memory alive without this board, even his encompassing kind heart and free spirit lives through us. So while this may be goodbye to this board, for me and I'm sure many of us, it's not a goodbye to Cory, there will never be a goodbye to Cory. I will carry Cory with me for the rest of my life. I consider myself the luckiest fan to have had such an outstanding person as my idol. I truly do, because he's made me a better person in so many ways and I'm so grateful to have known him and been inspired by him.

This is kind of a messy post because I'm still devastated from even looking at the title of this thread and because I've said most of my goodbyes when I stepped down, but I will say thank you to every person who made this board such a enjoyable part of a long period of my life. I love you all. I will never forget our memories here and I look forward to the day I reminisce and come back to read our fangirling along with to fall in love with Cory Monteith all over and over again.

Adie, I love that you made the OP his fan encounters because that's much of what Cory was. He was all about his fans, which is why we're still so heartbroken over his death even a year later. I'm so glad this is his legacy though, that he gets to live on in our hearts as the shining bright human being he was. While his end was unfortunate, it hasn't affected how any of us feel about him because we know he was much more than the cause of his death.

Cory, I'll leave my final words on this board for you. I miss you terribly still every single day. Thank you for all the strength you've given me to live my life though. You're what makes me get through this life, to live every day like it's my last, to never take anything especially time for granted. Thank you for all your lessons. Thank you for teaching me how to be selfless, kind, charitable, inclusive, passionate, hard-working, and ambitious, among many other great things. Thank you for showing to me that you can succeed if you work hard enough no matter what. But also thank you for demonstrating that I don't have to be perfect, I just have to love and take care of myself and everything will be okay. I wish so badly I could tell you how much you've made me a better person face to face. Maybe some day. I hope wherever you are, you've found peace. I hope it's better than here, because you deserve it, more than anyone I know. You were such a kind person for no reason other than for being grateful, selfless, and to give back to the world. I will never forget you, and I'll make sure to keep your memory alive in the most positive light. I will always love you Cory Allan Michael Monteith, you'll always be my hero

Last edited by ღfaithfully; 07-08-2014 at 12:40 AM
Old 07-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Added my part, thank you again Adie

Leyla Beautifully said as always
Old 07-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

The fan encounter stories took up 7 1/2 pages on word document.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Omg you scared me so much with that I was like what
Old 07-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, wow, wow. That's all I can say, really. I just...I just can not believe that this is it. Like it's the end of era for all of us but unfortunately, it did on July 13, 2013. I knew the moment I found out his news that our lives would never be same, especially with this board and general. I just can't believe that this time, we are actually going to close this board for good. Just...it's so surreal thinking about it.

Seeing this board, seeing those threads, those posts, I was like to myself, "I can't believe that I was a moderator of this board that I fangirled so much with you girls, created absolute beautiful friendships out of it, created so many memories, had all the ups and downs, ranted about glee especially when the spoilers came out, freaked out when we got good news about his career and new candids and everything. I spent most of my time here, kinda like I lived here, you know, that this is my "bubble" where I can just escape and live in happy bubble forever." That is what hit me that I was once that girl who was so happy and had the best time of her life being here, talking all about him, sharing all those freak outs together, and just...ahh, just everything. Now it's going to end on very anniversary of his end of everything. It's so sad and heartbreaking and painful thinking about it.

I know that I haven't been here since the day I stepped down because like I said on that thread when I announced my stepping down, it is still hard talking about him with all the reminders and I just couldn't do that. I can't even look at his pictures and gifsets more than five seconds on tumblr because it would start to hit me all over again so I avoid it like a plague so that's exactly what I am doing with this board. But it doesn't erase the fact that this board was a huge part of my "fun time" being on internet and it meant the whole lots to me being here every single day, being happy talking about him. This board was the first thing I log on when I wake up in the morning and the last board I would log off before I go to bed at nighttime. That's how much I loved this board and never once got bored of it. So anyways, I want to say goodbye to this board and it's been hella of a great ride and you, the board, would always be part of my fandom life that I would remember and cherish those good times. Maybe down the line, I might just lurk on those old threads and read our times together with a smile on my face and laugh at those things, so who knows. It's been fun, that's for sure but it's time to let it go.

Cory Monteith, you was the reason that was so much fun and now look at me? I am not here anymore and you wonder why? Because without you, this website meant nothing to me. After you left, I tried to stay on another board as long as I could but part of me was dying to get out of here and I was probably in denial thinking that I could do it but seemed like I couldn't because I finally realized the truth that it was you that made this website so much fun and enjoyable so now what do I do now without you? Talking without you? Not feeling any single of fangirling with any new updates on other things? I just..couldn't feel anything. I honestly thought as long as you are an actor and musician and other things, I would be here on this board for as long as I could be but since you are gone, this website unfortunately is gone to me. I can't feel anything other than it's just website that's it. If someone asks me for recommendations to join fandom, I can't even say anything good about this because it's already gone. So it's because of you, you made this board liveable if that's the right word, lol, that's why I loved being here and talking about you so much and enjoyed those times being here. I want to thank you for being the best person you were that made me fall in love with you and being your biggest fan I never thought I would be so I would forever remember what kind of person you was in my heart and that's good enough. This board being gone won't ever erase that. Nothing can ever take that away from me. Only memories would remain there forever.

I am a new person than I was last year and every time I think about it, I was like, "It's because of Cory who made me being like this." For example, I would rather go out and do something about myself rather than staying home and bury myself in fandom and that's because of you, that's how I would remember you because you are my inspiration. I would every time think if I make good changes, you inspire me with your wisdom and motivation and your great example how you worked your butt off to be where you were is what gave me all I need to know about life and real world. That's how I would remember you without talking about you here or reblogging your pictures on tumblr or anywhere on the internet because I don't need words to prove that. I am already doing something better for myself and that's good enough to know your wisdom got me to where I am. That's what all matters to me. That's what counts in my heart. That's what it should be.

So I want to thank you for that and will always be grateful for that. Thank you for making everything so much fun for as long as you was here on this earth. I hope you have found peace and is much happier up there and that your life up there is 100x's much better than here and you truly deserve it. Yes, there would be times I would be sad about your death and wish that you would be here but there would be times I am like at least he's at peace, he's probably laughing with other awesome decreased loved ones and dancing and rocking on drums and singing and making goofy jokes and they would be like, "Oh Cory!" That would put a smile on my face thinking you would be like that up there.

So that's it. This is my goodbye to the board. I can't believe that I took 30 minutes typing this and...that's it. When I log off this website, it will be my final log off for good. Like ever. The day Cory was gone was the end of my fandom life. That's it. I can't believe that when I log off, it's the end because I was here just to say goodbye to this very beautiful board for good so I can finally move on and get on with my life.

Goodbye Cory Monteith Board, it's been hella of a ride and you will be missed very much.

Last edited by deep within me; 07-08-2014 at 08:51 AM
Old 07-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Beautiful just

I'm gonna stop crying at some point
Old 07-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, Clem.

Yes, this thread made me sad yet it felt so right you know. It's time to let it go.

Forgot to add, all of you guys, your testimonials are absolute beautiful and heartbreaking and just...everything.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love you all so much.

Putting together the op was hard since I have to look at Cory's face. I would do it without the pictures but it won't feel right without a picture.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks again for doing this
Old 07-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG I'm crying like a little girl. This OP, these posts you girls made me cry just before bed.

Clem, I hope to see you soon too. Demi Lovato concert wherever and whenever it is ILY

Adie, you know I love you and I will miss this place where we met Dirty mind twin

Adie & Clem, you both choose the right date for the board to close, it's a sign that will celebrate everything he was and what we love about Cory.

Leyla and Raddy, it's so weird to see you girls post here and I miss our crazy nights and crazy moments but things have never been the same since his passing. I hope you are both ok.

Last but not least, Cory, I miss you everyday and everytime I look at your face on my computer (either pics or videos) and I think of the man you were and the model you were for all these people that include me. You will always be a part of my life and I am so proud to have known the man you were when you were with us. I will miss you for the rest of my life. Goodbye handsome!!!!

MONCHELE

FINCHEL

GOOD LOOKING MAN

Goodbye to the Montourage world
Old 07-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

em definitely seeing Demi is she's coming to Paris
Old 07-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

If only i was in Europe that I could go to the demi lovato concert with you guys but I'm planning on seeing her at Staples.

YOU POSTED PICTURES. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH CORRYYY.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

AWww... I'm gonna miss Cory's board! it's sad to see it close on that day... but I completely understand your decision.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Literally have tears in my eyes. The title and the fan stories and everything.

I love this board, honestly. And I loved the people I got to post here with. And I love Cory