Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I read some spoilers and I just wanted to say called it! I knew Tyler would be the Traveller because he has no other purpose.

Anyone watch?
Old 04-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Anyone watch?
Not me, I wanted to ask first if the ep is worth watching or is it all about SE's creepy ass dreams.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

SE fell in love because of their own choice. it was not because of some prophecy or universe.

I knew it all along. SE would have free will, and choice, and they did. This is what makes them precious.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding on to memories (View Post)
Not me, I wanted to ask first if the ep is worth watching or is it all about SE's creepy ass dreams.
Same. I asked a few people though and they said it was good closure for SE saying they were just friends now, something about Matt going to the other side and Kol was there, Tyler being a traveller and a few DE scenes. One cute one outside?

The bit I was most interested in was Stefan apparently saying you could be in love or friends with someone not both. So SE are friends and DE aren't.

Here's a review that suggests we don't watch.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/04/the...ew-their-town/

Last edited by Innocence; 04-18-2014 at 05:13 AM
Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocence (View Post)
Same. I asked a few people though and they said it was good closure for SE saying they were just friends now, something about Matt going to the other side and Kol was there, Tyler being a traveller and a few DE scenes. One cute one outside?

The bit I was most interested in was Stefan apparently saying you could be in love or friends with someone not both. So SE are friends and DE aren't.

Here's a review that suggests we don't watch.

The Vampire Diaries Review: Their Town - TV Fanatic
I have it DVR'd, but was reading instead, LOL. I think my book was more interesting from what I understand. Maybe Ill just DVR the rest of the season and see how it goes.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monygrl (View Post)
I have it DVR'd, but was reading instead, LOL. I think my book was more interesting from what I understand. Maybe Ill just DVR the rest of the season and see how it goes.
Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
SE fell in love because of their own choice. it was not because of some prophecy or universe.

I knew it all along. SE would have free will, and choice, and they did. This is what makes them precious.
Someone said they were still being drawn together because of a spell Markos cast like 1000 years ago. Is that not true?
Old 04-18-2014, 06:30 AM
Total Fan

Markos said they were drawn together because of true love.

Anyways, I loved the visions and their little talk at the end. I'm happy they didn't ruin three and a half seasons worth of their relationship by saying they were forced to be together.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
Markos said they were drawn together because of true love.

Anyways, I loved the visions and their little talk at the end. I'm happy they didn't ruin three and a half seasons worth of their relationship by saying they were forced to be together.
That would have been awful for SE fans.
Though I don't ship them together anymore, I did love them for a time. I wouldn't like them to be denigrated. There is no reason for it. So if they said it wasn't forced, I am very happy.
So now Elena is free? I heard Damon told her he never wanted to see her again or hear from her or be her friend? I wish. They will never ever let her be romantic with someone other than a Salvatore. Everyone else gets love interests galore and Elena gets a choice of 2 only, and now she doesn't even have a house to live in (BTW, thanks SalBros for not stopping her from burning her house down). UGH. I know it sounds stupid, but that really really bothers me. Is she now supposed to live in her car? Summer break is coming up. I guess she can go to Tylers house. It seems to be the new boarding house for teens with nowhere to go (Matt, Tyler, Jeremy)
Old 04-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Total Fan

If Stefan and Elena never get back together, at least we will always have that.

Re the living situation: Well she does have friends. She can either stay with Bonnie or Caroline if her and Damon aren't already back together by then.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

IMO, that wasn't closure, not at all. I think it's the end of a chapter, yes. but it's also the start of a new chapter. They are starting as friends -- who knows what may come out of that
Old 04-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

But that's just it. They have houses, she doesn't. She will be the guest that never leaves. She doesn't have a place to call her own. She will be living out of a suitcase. Heh, maybe she can rent Rebekkahs old house.

I feel like Stelena will be getting back together before the series ends. Its starting already. She has spent more time with Stefan than anyone this season and it seems that the rest of the season will be the same.
I'm telling you , its a mirror of the first few seasons where Elena was with Stefan but Damon was the one she was heading towards.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was so sloppy and boring. But I thought Paul did a great job directing this mess. The first SE-dream scene was really wonderfully done. And I liked the use of the filters for the other side and the dreams. He couldn't do anything against the awful dialogue though.

Like I don't get Liv's plan at all. Not that she even explained it but made such a big deal out of keeping it a secret while sending out Matt and Tyler who definitely can be used by the travelers but not Jeremy who for some reason is immune to their possession. Looks to me like this was only done for the Beremy-insecurity storyline but that was solved with three lines of dialogue.

The DE scenes are getting really repetitive. Like I remember CD (at comic con) talking about how they wanted to go another route with DE and didn't want to let them break up and get together time and time again but the first half of the season proved to me that they are incapable of writing DE like that ... the only way they can write them is if there is so much angst. But the problem is that we are seeing the same scene for them in the last five our four episodes. Only the music in the background changes and the person yelling and "ending" this mess changes. It is just so annoying to watch.
My prediction is that they will be reunited at the end of the season only for one of them to be in the final cliffhanger and I guess it is Damon's turn.

I thought the last SE scene was a like a real closure but I thought that also last year when they had a similar scene to that on the island.
The line from Stefan about friends/lovers didn't make any sense ... but when does anything make sense on this show.

Marcos as a villain is not really threatening and this sudden witches vs travelers conflict came out of nowhere just like his traveler buddies taking over people in MF. Like those people are around for almost the whole season but the writers just now (and in one episode) are pushing all of those threats down our throats. Also this smells like retcon. Like Tessa called herself a traveler and how could she be a "traveler" if the curse about having to move and not being able to settle down was put on them after she died.

The only thing interesting to me is what is going on on the other side. I want to know why it is falling apart. Like is it only because one person got out? Like that didn't happen when Jeremy was brought back to life.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

"They're being drawn together because of a spell I cast 15000 years ago... the best way to get people to go searching for one another is the promise of true love" is the actual quote. So I'm still confused because it still sounds like they were being forced together.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocence (View Post)
"They're being drawn together because of a spell I cast 15000 years ago... the best way to get people to go searching for one another is the promise of true love" is the actual quote. So I'm still confused because it still sounds like they were being forced together.
That whole quote proves that while initially the doppelgangers are drawn to finding each other because of some spell Markos put on them over a thousand years ago, that Stefan and Elena actually falling in love had nothing to do with Markos or any doppelganger destiny crap. It was all Stefan and Elena's free will... Markos didn't create their love and it's probably why a lot of the doppelgangers have never stayed together.. because their love isn't forced or fake.. they have free will to fall in-love with who they want. Markos just wanted the doppergangers together for their blood... the promise of true love was just a lure... none of the doppel's were forced to love each other.. the ones that ended up falling in love did that all by themselves
Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
That whole quote proves that while initially the doppelgangers are drawn to finding each other because of some spell Markos put on them over a thousand years ago, that Stefan and Elena actually falling in love had nothing to do with Markos or any doppelganger destiny crap. It was all Stefan and Elena's free will... Markos didn't create their love and it's probably why a lot of the doppelgangers have never stayed together.. because their love isn't forced or fake.. they have free will to fall in-love with who they want. Markos just wanted the doppergangers together for their blood... the promise of true love was just a lure... none of the doppel's were forced to love each other.. the ones that ended up falling in love did that all by themselves

From what I got from it was that, yes he put a spell on them to be drawn together on the promise of true love. But anything after they meet is all of their own free will. It doesn't force them to fall in love. It just pulls them together to meet.